Hey I'll be getting a Storm 2 soon and just have some questions about the first charging of my phone. I've searched all over google and dont know which way is the correct way to charge your phone to optimize my batterys performace.

So for those of you storm 2 users getting 2 to 3 days battery life, what did u do with your phone as soon as you got it??

I've read that your suppose to "over charge" it. Meaning the phone will say its fuly charge but u still charge it about 6- 8 hrs.

Some sites also said you have to fully charge and kill your battery 3 times. Is this true??

Please help. Thank you =)
    11-04-09 12:59 AM
    i dont think you have to kill your battery... those are for the old batteries...
    the new ones dont matter..
    but i still do it ... lol
    11-04-09 01:25 AM
    My understanding is that you still need to "condition" your battery, by fully draining it and then fully recharging it 2-3 full times prior to just plugging it into the charger anytime.

After that, I believe it is recommended that you don't fully discharge your battery if it can be avoided. Naturally there are situations where this isn't possible, but as a rule it's better not to let it run completely down after you have conditioned it.

There's also a few threads already active about how to maximize your battery life, specific to the Storm 2 (screen brightness settings, not running wifi/bluetooth constantly, limiting active apps running in the background, etc. . .) so search around if you are having trouble with your battery!

Hope that helps!
    11-04-09 02:51 AM
    for newer lithium ion batteries there's no such thing as conditioning. just take it out of the box and use it.

keep her topped off and never let it fully discharge. also dont keep it plugged in too long past fully charged. over night is fine.
    11-04-09 03:41 AM
    for newer lithium ion batteries there's no such thing as conditioning. just take it out of the box and use it.

keep her topped off and never let it fully discharge. also dont keep it plugged in too long past fully charged. over night is fine.
    +1

BKVic
    11-04-09 07:01 AM
    in the booklet that comes with it the suggestion is to put the battery in immediately and if you get life then use it from there.

if no charge in the battery then charge it and use as per
    11-04-09 08:13 AM
    plugging it into the wall charger is a good idea.
    11-04-09 09:53 AM
    Hey I'll be getting a Storm 2 soon and just have some questions about the first charging of my phone. I've searched all over google and dont know which way is the correct way to charge your phone to optimize my batterys performace.

So for those of you storm 2 users getting 2 to 3 days battery life, what did u do with your phone as soon as you got it??

I've read that your suppose to "over charge" it. Meaning the phone will say its fuly charge but u still charge it about 6- 8 hrs.

Some sites also said you have to fully charge and kill your battery 3 times. Is this true??

Please help. Thank you =)
    You can't over Charge it. The charging stops when it's fully charged. You can see the Yellow Bolt in the Battery Meter disappear when it is fully Charged. The 6-8 hours is what it normally takes to fully charge the battery from empty the first time. Your New battery will likely have 50% on it when you get it, so 4 hours or less will fully charge it using the plug in adapter. If you charge with the USB cable it will be longer.

When you get your Storm2, fully charge it. Then run it until you get the low battery indicator. The battery meter will turn Yellow (~ 25%) then Red (~10%). I let mine run down to 8%. Then Fully Recharge it again. After that, just put in on the charger whenever you aren't using it to keep it fully charged. I've been having GREAT battery life on my S1 and now my S2 with this initial conditioning and charging technique.
    11-04-09 10:10 AM
    Plugging it into the charger and plugging the charger into the wall would be a good start. But in all seriousness, once the phone say it is charged it is charged. It will not allow the battery to overcharge. Just start using the phone from then on, when the battery dies plug it back in and charge it some more. That is what it is designed to do.
    11-04-09 10:12 AM
    This. There won't be much of a charge, so you'll probably want to toss it on a charger.

On newer devices this isn't a worry. The device will shut off well before the battery fully discharges, and the device will prevent the battery from overcharging.
    11-04-09 10:17 AM
    on Ni-cad batteries a charging conditioning routine was necessary to "break-in" the battery. The Li-ion batteries that are now the standard do not require any type of conditioning. just charge it when it get low. it will not over-charge.
    11-04-09 11:38 AM
    On newer devices this isn't a worry. The device will shut off well before the battery fully discharges, and the device will prevent the battery from overcharging.
    overcharging isnt the worry. heat is. lithium batteries dont like too much heat and will lose life eventually.
    11-04-09 07:20 PM
    my phone was about half way charged. while i was at verizon store, thee rep turned it on to make sure my new account was working....

so i went home and messed around with it till it completly died. and now its currently charging.

i just finished reading the manuel and it says to make sure YOU FULLY CHARGE YOUR PHONE BEFORE TURNING IT ON! now im freakin out! did i mess up my battery now??? what methods of "conditioning" have you used for your storm 2 and hows the battery life?
    11-04-09 11:58 PM
    my phone was about half way charged. while i was at verizon store, thee rep turned it on to make sure my new account was working....

so i went home and messed around with it till it completly died. and now its currently charging.

i just finished reading the manuel and it says to make sure YOU FULLY CHARGE YOUR PHONE BEFORE TURNING IT ON! now im freakin out! did i mess up my battery now??? what methods of "conditioning" have you used for your storm 2 and hows the battery life?
    as stated before...THERE IS NO CONDITIONING. they probably tell you to fully charge because of all the setting up and playing with the phone a new user does, you dont want it to die in the middle of installing a program or what not.

ONLY THING TO REMEMBER IS NEVER LET IT FULLY DISCHARGE. if you do it too much itll lower the life. you did it once, maybe youll be fine. but always top it off when ever you can.
    11-05-09 12:06 AM

Oh Sh!t!!! When it gets done charging it will now power on as a RAZOR!!! You are totally F'ed.

Just kidding, it will be fine. You on the other hand, I'm not too sure about.

11-05-09 12:13 AM
    I deffinetly didn't charge my storm after leaving Verizon. Went about my day and charged to full at home. No conditioning... Or any special technique... And I'm getting about the same usage out of a charge as anyone else around here...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 12:23 AM
    haha razor. wow. i beat the **** outta mine. hated that phone. i left it on top of my car at the gas station. then i drove home and realized what i had done. i drove back to the gas station, looked around and found it in the middle of the st. it had been ran over, the screen was cracked so i couldnt see anything but i was still able to make calls!! lmao

anyways, any idea how long it will take to fully charge?? i killed it completey. its been charging since 9pm and now its 1030pm. the phone is off and is blinking yellow. i assume it will trun green when its done???
    11-05-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD