What's it called when you want to completely remove the OS from you blackberry and reinstall it to start over from scratch? I'm trying to find a tutorial on this but forgot what it's called. I've done this before when my Storm was bricked during an OS upgrade but right now it's got too many bugs in it that I can't find a way around so I'm just gonna reinstall the OS and go from there. Any help?
    06-04-10 08:50 AM
    WIPE

(Filling min character count)
    06-04-10 08:53 AM
    you want to wipe your OS. check the 101 tutorials
    06-04-10 08:53 AM
    06-04-10 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the info but now it seems I'm having trouble wiping my blackberry. I'm using this tutorial.
    How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Is there a newer updated one or what else can I do? I used this tutorial last time I had to reinstall my OS but now it's not working.

EDIT: My bad. I need to install the latest Device Software on my computer. I have the Storm2 9550 running on the latest release by VZW. How do I install that to my computer and where can I find it? Thanks
    Last edited by dz93; 06-04-10 at 10:50 AM.
    06-04-10 10:43 AM
    Thanks for the info but now it seems I'm having trouble wiping my blackberry. I'm using this tutorial.
    How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Is there a newer updated one or what else can I do? I used this tutorial last time I had to reinstall my OS but now it's not working.

EDIT: My bad. I need to install the latest Device Software on my computer. I have the Storm2 9550 running on the latest release by VZW. How do I install that to my computer and where can I find it? Thanks
    Use bbsak to wipe. You dont need to wipe your phone first. Loader.exe will do it for you. But you can find it here
    bbsak 1.7

The newest verizon release can be found here

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    06-04-10 11:02 AM
    +1 for BBSAK.

Install OS to PC
    Connect S2 via USB
    Click Wipe Device
    Reboot
    Click Load OS

You can find 517 here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4571FBD180E1C8
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-04-10 at 11:16 AM.
    06-04-10 11:11 AM
    Did it. It's restored now and working great. Thanks for all the help
    06-04-10 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD