I love my Storm, but to be fair ...

I got my iPod Touch about a week after it came out and it has been completely flawless. Completely. I had expected the same of the Storm, but that has not been the case. I will get my 2nd replacement next week.
    My story is a little different. I had a Touch and it was a great little unit but one thing it was lacking was the ability to cut/copy/paste. Then I bought a Nokia 810, this device is awesome and supports cut/copy/paste. Since getting the Storm I gave away my Touch to a family member. I don't miss it at all...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:19 AM
    I love my Storm, but to be fair ...

I got my iPod Touch about a week after it came out and it has been completely flawless. Completely. I had expected the same of the Storm, but that has not been the case. I will get my 2nd replacement next week.
    You didn't actually read the OP's first post did you?
    01-05-09 01:47 PM
    There are a couple of issues that make me slap myself in the forehead (dust under screen) but overall I'd say expectations were generally too high thanks to the VZW hype machine.

Anyway, given time and a few updates most people should be able to work out their id10t errors.
    01-05-09 07:16 PM
    You didn't actually read the OP's first post did you?
    I did. I wanted to see if he will actually poke his own eyes out as promised. If he stops posting here, then I'll assume he did as they don't make the Storm in braille yet.
    01-05-09 07:34 PM
    The storm I believe is great product but it was rushed if they would've waited then this would be to me the perfect introduction to BB for newbies like myself, but because we all know that there are problems then if something doesn't act right the newuser can assume it is the unit and not their inexperience. I sent in my first storm because the camera and video wouldn't work, now was this because I changed something from reading the "cool tricks" forum? could be, but since verizon couldn't fix it I got a new one and have not had a major problem yet that a battery pull didn't fix. And if I did have a problem now at least I'm proficient enough to know if it was the unit or because I'm using the unofficial update .85 but other than that this the best phone I have ever had period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stormin2day; 01-05-09 at 09:24 PM.
    01-05-09 08:39 PM
    The perfect Storm? Of course not, it just came out a few weeks ago. Give it a chance.

I used to own the iphone 3g. Now I have the Blackberry Storm and I love it.

Sure it still has a few bugs here and there but it hardly never dropped calls like when I had the iphone 3g. Also on the internet, the iphone would exit unexpectedly, and when playing games, it would freeze-up. So the iphone has lots of issues too.

But between the two, I'm much, much more happier with the Storm. I like the fact that you can customize the side buttons and that it has lots of short-cuts to many things.

The only complaint I have is that I wish the Home Screen would just stay still and be in Portrait Mode, unless told otherwise.

I'm sure with future updates, alot of bugs will get resolved.
    01-05-09 09:35 PM
    1. Call quality is suspect to not so great. In the past week, three calls have mysteriously dropped, and under very different circumstances -- One may have been a cheek hit, the other two were really unexplainable. In the past year with Verizon I had maybe three dropped calls if that while using my LG 8300, and those were all because of issues the other folks I was calling were having with their own devices/coverage. Also at least a half dozen people have told me they either can't hear me well or at all, and I've had to terminate the calls. Lastly for call Q -- Handset volume is inexplicably variable, and often poor. On a related note -- voice dial is not so accurate, but I've never had a great voice dialing experience regardless of the device (phone or BT device).

2. I cannot believe the UI needs to be as involved as it is. E.g. The amount of work it takes to enter a simple speed dial is absurd -- no wonder they limited it to only 9 selections -- I could have entered ten times that many in the same amount of time on my 8300. SO many other simple functions take a click or four too many to set up/change or get to once set up.

3. Battery pull after battery pull while setting it up -- none since, though.

4. Really not able to support a handful of applications in use at the same time -- without becoming bogged down to near useless.

5. It remains sticky and laggy (I run .75 and hope for another update just to see how sensitive/clued in BB is to the average user experience)

6. Is the solid feel completely dependent on the device being as heavy as it is?

7. The camera makes me long for my old Olympus point and shoot 3MP digital, which I cursed for three weeks while on vacation in China before finally convincing myself that I was not taking poor pictures so much as using artistic license...(I use a DSLR now)

8. Any "cool factor" this thing had went straight down the terlet now that every other fool in Mall USA is flailing away on it.

9. Hate having to eventually worry about the internal memory limit...

10. Hate having to worry about the dust/environmental vulnerability of that gorgeous screen.

There are others, but...

Of the ten, #1, 4, 8 and 9 are the biggest/most likely irresolvable concerns I have, though not necessarily deal breakers.
    01-06-09 03:51 AM
    I REALLY REALLY wanted to love this phone. Sigh. I loved everything about it but it just had TERRIBLE reception in my house and the fact that it didn't have WiFi was the deal breaker. Hopefully version 2 will have WiFi and I'll come over to VZW. For now, I'm going for the Bold.
    01-06-09 09:27 AM
    The bottom line is that this phone should have been delayed by 2 or 3 months in order to get a lot of the basic software and hardware issues resolved. Like it or not RIM / Verizon wanted it available to the public before black friday and that's exactly what they did. I suspect that decision has come back around to bite them in the a**.
    01-06-09 01:15 PM
    I did. I wanted to see if he will actually poke his own eyes out as promised. If he stops posting here, then I'll assume he did as they don't make the Storm in braille yet.
    She. You wanted to see if SHE will actually poke HER own eyes out.
    01-06-09 02:00 PM
    Made 25 phone calls today in a span of 3 hrs

phone crashed on me on the last call

Not bad

but for those coming over from dumbphones like me, they might wonder why a phone would ever "crash" like a computer
    01-06-09 02:16 PM
    Iphone is for the novice user - and the STORM is for the ADVANCE user!!!
    LOL - The advanced user needs full functionality before anything else. When things lag, take more time than others to function, then it isn't even a good thing for the NOVICE user
    01-06-09 03:25 PM
    OK...so this isnt a big problem but need some clarification. I downloaded a song threw vcast to see how the audio was...later i moved the file from songs to ringtones. The song worked as my ring tone for a day or two then stopped. I went back into the file and tried to play it and was welcomed by a "you do not have the rights...etc...try syncing to computer etc.." I movedthe file back into songs because i've been a verizon user for a long time and know they always nickel and dime us. The song did not play and same error came up...I now syncd with computer and vcast on my laptop and problem is still there...are they trying to force me into to buying again ?!?!?!? this is very frustrating...please help !!!! even if its cruel !!
    01-06-09 05:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD