Personally, I prefer using my S2 in landscape. I get the use of both thumbs; its a more "traditional" screen dimension for video; on-screen keyboarding with the full keyboard is much easier; etc

Now, the question isn't so much because I am genuinely interested in your preference as much as it is a question as to why the PHONE screen doesn't rotate (bugs the HECK out of me) and why the landscape orientation seems to be overlooked in many of the themes and wallpaper controls.

I love my theme (Real Hero) but ALWAYS have the thing in landscape position (especially when it's in my home-made stand on my desk). I find myself putting it into portrait just so I can admire the theme.
    06-16-10 01:33 PM
    Landscape when I'm lying down and either way when standing or sitting. I tend to use portrait more because my theme does make it easier to find what I need. But when I'm gonna be online or messaging back and forth for a while landscape is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 01:40 PM
    I prefer landscape also, but like you guys have already said, some things need to be done in portrait because of the theme that I'm using. I too wish that themes were more landscape friendly.

Now a question for you - When using landscape, do you prefer the phone/menu/back/end buttons on the the left or right?
    06-16-10 02:09 PM
    excellent question to tag on. I prefer them on the right. I started using them on the left, but flipped...don't remember why exactly, but something I was doing made it easier.
    06-16-10 02:11 PM
    You "landscape guys" are missing a very important consideration if you use the phone in bright light! In landscape, the screen won't go to full brightness, to overcome ambient (sunlight) light. Don't believe me? TRY IT! This has been a bug in the OS for like...forever, hasn't it?
    06-16-10 04:18 PM
    You "landscape guys" are missing a very important consideration if you use the phone in bright light! In landscape, the screen won't go to full brightness, to overcome ambient (sunlight) light. Don't believe me? TRY IT! This has been a bug in the OS for like...forever, hasn't it?
    Uh... Yeah, mine works just like it should
    06-16-10 04:24 PM
    Uh... Yeah, mine works just like it should
    what OS?

-------
    06-16-10 04:31 PM
    what OS?

-------
    Might be a problem with your phone. Mine works in landscape like since forever
    06-16-10 04:47 PM
    Oh no!
    It looks like Dave is headed to Verizon for an exchange.

06-16-10 05:07 PM
    Oh no!
    It looks like Dave is headed to Verizon for an exchange.

u guys crack me up. Landscape dimming is a very common complaint. do the research fellas, I'm too lazy to post the links.
    06-16-10 05:59 PM
    Luckily I've never had the dimming bug on mine.

The phone screen not rotating hasn't bothered me much.
    The iPhone bugs the crap out of me at what does and doesn't rotate.
    06-16-10 06:11 PM
    what OS?

-------
    5.0.0.713, But I don't recall ever having an issue with my screen dimming or undimming. I remember people complaining about it with the original storm as well, but I never had that issue.
    06-16-10 06:18 PM
    5.0.0.713, But I don't recall ever having an issue with my screen dimming or undimming. I remember people complaining about it with the original storm as well, but I never had that issue.
    since I've not run anything but .75, 320, and 607 I've no idea which other OS's were (are) affected. ( I can't remember if I used 148, but I doubt it)
    06-16-10 06:19 PM
    since I've not run anything but .75, 320, and 607 I've no idea which other OS's were (are) affected. ( I can't remember if I used 148, but I doubt it)
    You know me, I am no stranger to this forum. I started with the 8830 and moved on to the 9530(which I was slow to adopt) then on to the 9550(got it the day it was available at the store). If I remember the complaints properly everyone that complained had their auto dim turned off. I never have had mine turned off and that is probably why I have yet to have the issue.
    06-16-10 06:27 PM
    Might be a problem with your phone. Mine works in landscape like since forever
    Mine too.

06-16-10 06:34 PM
    My home screen and phone are both locked in portrait mode. When I type an email, it is usually in landscape mode.
    06-16-10 07:23 PM
    Mine too.

yep, mine too
    06-17-10 07:07 AM
    I usually use landscape for any typing. I prefer a full keyboard to SureType (but I use it when I have to), and the full keyboard in portrait is too small for my fat fingers. I keep the buttons on the left...I don't know why either, since you have to flip it to take pictures or watch video, but it just feels more natural to me.
    06-17-10 08:52 AM
    always type in landscape mode.. two hands are better than one lmao
    06-17-10 09:08 AM
    I have never noticed any landscape viewing issues. I use my in landscape unless i am driving or doing something where i feel sure type is the better option
    06-17-10 09:15 AM
    I remember watching that Chinese video of OS6, and the phone screen did not rotate then either. Bummer.

I almost always have it in landscape with keys on the right. Unless I'm in the phone screen - I guess that will not change anytime soon.
    06-17-10 09:29 AM
    Portrait for short term and one-handed operations, landscape for long term and more typing.

06-17-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD