So i have tried what i assume to be the big 3 browsers we have for the storm(with limited experiance) and i have concluded that i still seem to like the factory browser the best. a close second in bolt and all in all i havent had good experiances with opera mini.

what was your experiances?
    what have you liked the best and why?
    am i missing any?
    01-19-09 03:25 PM
    BB browser for me.
    01-19-09 04:45 PM
    Bb browser for me. Seems the most stable for right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 06:30 PM
    I have a question about the browsers? I have a Pearl 8120. No data plan. I assume I have been connecting through the wifi and using the internet...however, does it matter if I use the Media Net or BB? Will I be charged extra for using the BB browser even though I don't have a data package?
    01-19-09 06:33 PM
    To answer the OP, I currently consider the BB browser the best because both Bolt and Opera Mini need some revision to work properly with the Storm's touch screen.
    01-19-09 07:20 PM
    I've started to use opera most of the time now. I've gotten use to the light touch required, and the keyboard seems to work for me when others have complained. Its just so peppy compared to the BB browser.

There are features missing from both that I look forward too, but I'm reading and posting to my hearts content. **** I haven't booted my home pc in days lol.

01-19-09 07:35 PM
    BB browser for now
    01-19-09 07:43 PM
    by far bolt is amazing just needs the storm version made and then watch out we will be flying!!!!!
    01-19-09 07:51 PM
    Opera mini works well for me. Although it takes some getting used to since the click screen is not supported yet and you have to call the keyboard up through the menu. Even with the supposed speed improvements made to the BB browser running .86 Opera is still 10 times faster.
    01-19-09 08:01 PM
    About the keyboard thing, when you guys tap on text boxes or address boxes, doesn't your keyboard slide up and a text screen show? Mine seems to work every time I need it. I wonder if I have something set differently.

01-19-09 08:14 PM
    About the keyboard thing, when you guys tap on text boxes or address boxes, doesn't your keyboard slide up and a text screen show? Mine seems to work every time I need it. I wonder if I have something set differently.

Yes it does with text boxes on sites. Just when typing in the address bar or search bar I have to pull it up using the menu.
    01-19-09 08:36 PM
    Yes it does with text boxes on sites. Just when typing in the address bar or search bar I have to pull it up using the menu.
    From the start page? I just tested from there and my keyboard pops up and goes to the white text screen.

I'm on .75, maybe that's the difference?

01-19-09 08:42 PM
    OEM
    Bolt

Opera Mini

Bolt would take over completely if it utilized the click tech but even without it I still really like it. I'd say they're even but for the sake of the argument I'll rate out of 10 (10 being best, 1 being downright unusable in my eyes) OEM = 10, Bolt = 9.5, Opera Mini = 5-6
    01-19-09 08:43 PM
    I prefer BB, but bolt is really hot. If it is this decent right now I can't wait to see where it is going. It is so fast. I liked opera on my ppc but now that I'm on BB seems as though bolt is my go to secondary.
    01-19-09 08:49 PM
    BB is the best by far. Bolt has potential, but needs to be fitted for the storm.
    01-19-09 08:52 PM
    My vote goes to opera mini by far. Its 5 times quicker then the bb browser and a lot more stable and reliable the bolt. You just have to get used to hitting hyperlinks and disable auto typing or something like that in the options to make it work best.
    01-19-09 10:09 PM
    I really can't comprehend those who say the BB browser is acceptable or even "good." While Opera Mini is by no means ideal, it makes the web browsing experience tolerable on this phone, at least. I haven't tried Bolt; I'll wait for a non-beta release.

I'm beginning to resent this whole screen-click feature; it really lags developer coding for the phone for little benefit.
    01-20-09 12:25 AM
    bb browser for stability. Bolt will blow it away when its ready though.
    01-20-09 12:35 AM
    I use Opera Mini because it is super fast!!! I actually like the light tap instead of the click. I tried Bolt, and it did not work for me real well. BB browser is just TOO slow...
    01-20-09 12:43 AM
    Even though it lacks a few touch actions that I would like to see, I like the Bolt browser the best so far. It's twice as fast as the BB browser (which is dreadfully slow) and a lot easier to use than the current Opera browser. The Opera is fast, but if you ever have to enter web addresses with capital letters and/or numbers you will see where the problem comes in. It's also nearly impossible to select links with the Opera from a web page. Fast but frustrating, it is! I think the Bolt is headed in the right direction...add more touch interface and fix a couple small bugs and it's there. Opera could be too, but are they even working on a browser specifically for the Storm?
    01-20-09 01:23 AM
    the bolt browser and opera mini browser are both super dope, and super fast! BB browser is way to slow.
    01-20-09 01:34 AM
    im confused. what is bolt and opera? sorry im new. I only see IE, firebox and BB, what is all this other stuff? ALso how do i know if i have a 9530 or 9500?
    01-20-09 01:53 AM
    im confused. what is bolt and opera? sorry im new. I only see IE, firebox and BB, what is all this other stuff? ALso how do i know if i have a 9530 or 9500?
    boltbrowser.com
    opera.com/mini

Can't post proper urls yet and I'm not going to pad my postcount unnecessarily, so that'll have to do.

The 'IE, Firefox, and BB' are only browser agent ID settings within the BlackBerry browser, not browsers in their own right. If you're on Verizon, you have a 9530. If you're using a European carrier (Vodaphone, etc), you have a 9500.
    01-20-09 03:02 AM
    The BlackBerry browser is pretty good. It just needs to be as fast as opera or preferably bolt.

01-20-09 06:06 AM
    I'm for the BB browser.
    01-20-09 06:24 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD