Since RIM doesn't supply a simple PC-based contact mgmt program, what have people found to use other than Outlook? There are many Storm users who don't have (or want) Outlook, yet need an easy way to add large number of new contacts to their DB via a PC.
    02-02-09 02:41 PM
    I use ACT with a app from Companion Link. Its works perfectly and will transfer all your information including notes. A freind is using is wirelessly but I have yet to set it up that way. Eventually though I will and it will enable me to have my office change a file and it will update over air through email.
    02-03-09 11:51 AM
    I use goldmine with companionlink. I was getting duplicates at first, but now it works good. Much better an faster than WM5 and activsync
    02-03-09 01:31 PM
    In migration from a Palm-based system I am looking for the same thing. I would prefer not having to purchase a contact manager as well. For calendar it looks like Gcal can wirelessly sync and I recall somewhere that google contacts might do the same. I'll take a look around; if anyone else knows this answer or uses this solution, please chime in.
    02-04-09 02:45 PM
    I use Time & Chaos pim with companionlink. works fine. and I love Time & Chaos, simple easy and lots of features. Companionlink offers ota sync, but costs too much for my personal tastes. extra $50 up front and then $10/month.
    02-24-09 11:44 AM
    I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but I use Yahoo Sync and I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have approx 160 contacts and growing.
    02-24-09 12:59 PM
    I use Google Synch for linking my personal contacts (from Gmail) and personal shared calendar (Google Calendar).
    02-24-09 01:05 PM
    Google Sync
    02-24-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD