Just curious. For me it's two things:
    1. Being able to watch video on a relatively large screen. This will help immensly on vacations, so I don't have to lug around a dvd player with me so that my kids can watch videos on the plane.
    2. A better browser experience, my curve is ok at the internet but I would really like something better similar to the iphone.

Basically these are the two reasons I'm getting a storm, how bout you?
    10-21-08 09:17 AM
    Bigger screen and its touch screen. Plus its something new and different!
    10-21-08 09:19 AM
    The alarm clock docking feature...and the prospect of visual voicemail has always intrigued me...I'm sure it will cost a monthly fee though.

Also I'm not sure how obsessed everyone else is...but I sometimes run my finger across the screen of my curve, pretending it is a touch screen.

I really love the latest and greatest technology and was so bummed when the Iphone appeared on ATT only. I don't think I could ever leave Verizon. Not only do they have a great network...and I travel extensively across the US and I always have signal...but the fact that I get free VZ to VZ calling and texting is a HUGE plus. Everyone in my family ,all my friends, literally EVERYONE I know has VZ. So with all those things added up I just can't ever leave VZ nor do I want to. The moral to all that is I am so excited that VZ is getting a premiere touchscreen device. I loved the functionality of my Curve and can't wait to see that expanded to a touchscreen device.
    Last edited by mattsh33; 10-21-08 at 09:28 AM.
    10-21-08 09:21 AM
    A "real" web browser...I'm sick of the limitations of the Blazer browser on my Treo.
    10-21-08 09:21 AM
    A "real" web browser...I'm sick of the limitations of the Blazer browser on my Treo.
    I second that. I'm also looking for a good web browser.
    10-21-08 09:25 AM
    Definitely the BIG screen. And I love the idea of having a GPS unit at all times, even if you're not using VZ navigator. Oh, and I read somewhere that visual voicemail will cost $2.99 per month. Big bummer :S
    10-21-08 09:30 AM
    I am most looking forward to it just coming out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 09:30 AM
    The alarm clock docking feature...and the prospect of visual voicemail has always intrigued me...I'm sure it will cost a monthly fee though.

Also I'm not sure how obsessed everyone else is...but I sometimes run my finger across the screen of my curve, pretending it is a touch screen.

I really love the latest and greatest technology and was so bummed when the Iphone appeared on ATT only. I don't think I could ever leave Verizon. Not only do they have a great network...and I travel extensively across the US and I always have signal...but the fact that I get free VZ to VZ calling and texting is a HUGE plus. Everyone in my family ,all my friends, literally EVERYONE I know has VZ. So with all those things added up I just can't ever leave VZ nor do I want to. The moral to all that is I am so excited that VZ is getting a premiere touchscreen device. I loved the functionality of my Curve and can't wait to see that expanded to a touchscreen device.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have the basic 400 minute per month family plan, but use well over 2000 minutes per month with in calling, add to that a 22% discount and I'm only paying $90 per month for two lines with BIS. I'll never leaver Verizon.
    10-21-08 09:32 AM
    Just excited about getting a new phone that will actually do stuff. My Razr is holding on by a thread, my contract has been up since Feb 08, been waiting a long time for this. If I wait much longer my wifes line will also be up and I may just walk away from cell phones for a while. *yeah right*

Release it already!!!!!!
    10-21-08 09:43 AM
    What are you looking forward to most with the Storm?
    Just holding it in my hands at this point.
    10-21-08 09:45 AM
    I just want the phone - :P
    10-21-08 09:50 AM
    faster download and upload speeds! (EVDO Rev-A)
    10-21-08 09:54 AM
    Basically these are the two reasons I'm getting a storm, how bout you?
    I'll reserve the smart *** comments about the fact that I'm looking forward to not having to check websites for updates every thirty seconds

First and foremost is the browser.

Push mail.

Editing Excel and Word files.

Music player.

Nice big screen for video when I'm traveling or at lunch at work.
    10-21-08 09:54 AM
    i am looking forward to having the latest technology, the hottes item, the newest and coolest phone, and not having to leave VZW

i am looking for a touchscreen to play with, yet still have the capabilities of the blackberry.
    10-21-08 09:57 AM
    Reading ebooks and email on a larger screen.
    10-21-08 10:01 AM
    I am looking forward to all these things. I use my BB for work and for school. It is an awesome studying tool. Not only can I record the lectures with the voice recorder, but I can also e-mail the notes to myself and read them on breaks and whatnot. I love not having to carry around a stack of notebooks and textbooks. My prof also sends his lecture notes out in powerpoint format and reading them on my pearl is giving my eyes a real workout. I think I will love the full HTML e-mail and doc editing the most. On a larger screen this will be a piece of cake.
    10-21-08 10:06 AM
    I'm looking forward to a nice browser
    10-21-08 10:15 AM
    Larger screen (especially in landscape mode), touch, doubles as an MP3 player, NAV system, and it's NEW!
    10-21-08 10:15 AM
    I would say the browser. 3G surfing will be awesome.

10-21-08 10:28 AM
    ...and the prospect of visual voicemail has always intrigued me...I'm sure it will cost a monthly fee though.

A
    You know of any good resources about the visual voicemail thing? I would kill for that...that's my favorite feature of my friend's iPhone.
    11-03-08 04:06 PM
    its release will usher in a new era, where people will stop making annoying posts about release dates, and it will cease all purposeless whining...ohhh i cant wait
    11-03-08 04:46 PM
    i am most looking forward to the release date
    11-03-08 05:02 PM
    Real browser is #1. To have a "desktop" type browser in my hand will be "all of it".
    I have run the gammut from 8703/Pearl/Curve/Dare & back to Curve and the browser, BB email & functions, and the VZW network IN calling are why I am so geeked. Take a look at your calender and circle 20 days from now.
    11-03-08 05:21 PM
    Most looking forward to showing off to my devil-phone friends and family who have jus gone to the dark side! How sick they will all be. Hahahaahaha

11-03-08 05:30 PM
    1. keyboard for texting--I'm using a Razr

2. Web browsing--for reading CB.com forums, of course. I hope it's as smooth as the iphone.

still may wait for storm2 or do a 1 yr contract.
    11-03-08 07:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD