OK everyone as many know the storm is a absolutely great piece of equipment, but Ive been having some issues; the screen sometimes locks up, phone freezes, sometimes when im searching the internet and my brother calls me i can answer the phone. So i called vzw yesterday and they said to do a hard reset, my phone is working pretty well it lagged a little but not to much... My question is should i get another new Storm? The verizon rep said that some of these problems are not occurring with other storm so I may of gotten a defective model, but they will be able to send me a new storm next month on the fifteenth with all the new updates and everything and i can send my old storm back which is having all these problems. SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????
    11-24-08 09:59 AM
    If they offered to send a replacement I'd go for it. Its as simple as using the Switch Device wizard in DM. Could be a software issue or something with the device itself so it may be a good bet to get another unit if it won't cost you anything.
    11-24-08 10:01 AM
    If Verizon is offering one to you at no charge, go for it. I would tell them though you cant be without a cell phone and for them to send the new phone, and you will return the old when it is received.
    11-24-08 10:05 AM
    I would take it - what do you have to loose? The only thing I would ensure is that if you have problems with the one they send - make sure it doesn't count against your 30 days. If the one they send you doesn't work what recourse do you have or are you stuck with it?
    11-24-08 10:07 AM
    that is true, verizon always send the phone with a return label then i send my old phone back...
    11-24-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD