Will do my man......
    05-26-09 04:30 PM
    first rule of storm memory:

don't check it. just use your phone. if it starts to slow down, hold the BB button to bring up the app switcher screen, and see if any apps are running/open...if they are, close them, and keep using the phone. if you have no apps open, THEN you can check the memory.

memory is meant to be used. keep that in mind. it isn't something to sit there and just show and look at. the app memory should be used while needed, then once the app is done with it, then the databases should be removed, and memory will come back...it will fluctuate, that is normal.
    My thoughts exaclty. Why all the worry about how much memory? as long as the phone is working, your good.
    05-26-09 04:43 PM
    Patch and vzwty make a good point. But on my end its all about curiosity and nothing to do with worry. Some of these people are showin some really massive memory drains and as a result are constantly rebooting. Mine settled into the hi 41s and lo 42s so obviously idont have that problem. But at least its nice to know that I can expect pretty close to a 1:1 ratio of leak for the first several hours and then the phone pretty much levels off. The oneswith outta of control memory leaks need to find out why, so they don't have to reboot 3 or 4 times a day and can concentrate on just using their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 05:51 PM
    Patch and vzwty make a good point. But on my end its all about curiosity and nothing to do with worry. Some of these people are showin some really massive memory drains and as a result are constantly rebooting. Mine settled into the hi 41s and lo 42s so obviously idont have that problem. But at least its nice to know that I can expect pretty close to a 1:1 ratio of leak for the first several hours and then the phone pretty much levels off. The oneswith outta of control memory leaks need to find out why, so they don't have to reboot 3 or 4 times a day and can concentrate on just using their phones.

it is the 3rd party apps creating databases for faster response and load times, etc...but when the old ones are not being used, they aren't being removed by the app...which is basically bad code writing on the dev's part. poor management of available resources!!!
    05-26-09 06:53 PM
    Reporting in: booted at 46.2 MB after 10 hours I am now down to 39.1 MB

Battery drain:2.7% / hour

And I am only running Meterberry, I have downlaoded Patternlock and a theme but niether have been run.

Conclusion Patches?
    05-27-09 09:27 AM
    Reporting in: booted at 46.2 MB after 10 hours I am now down to 39.1 MB

Battery drain:2.7% / hour

And I am only running Meterberry, I have downlaoded Patternlock and a theme but niether have been run.

Conclusion Patches?
    My conclusion would be that you found your memory sucker lol. Have youhad to reboot since the one 10 hours ago?

05-27-09 09:35 AM
    Nah bro I did an OS switch uppp......
    05-27-09 09:38 AM
    So what are you running now? I'm using straight .148
    For my use I found it best to not use the hybrids.
    Oh n I'm still using the .75 radio.
    Lol no sense in trying to fix it if it aint broken.

05-27-09 09:46 AM
    I am running .148 right now and I slimmed that down with the crackmem thing haaaaa
    05-27-09 09:51 AM
    Nice! Glad its finally workin out for you. I thought about trying that but I got a nice clean install the first time so I decided not to tempt fate lol.

05-27-09 09:58 AM
    Im fairly satisfied with this OS. I think i just want the status of having a phone that boots at 72MB and holds at 67MB lolololololol
    05-27-09 10:06 AM
    Im fairly satisfied with this OS. I think i just want the status of having a phone that boots at 72MB and holds at 67MB lolololololol
    LMAO wouldn't we all...
    I wonder what other useless crap could be deleted?

05-27-09 10:12 AM
    I would much rather just select the objects I want ON the phone.
    05-27-09 10:19 AM
    yeah, i think you'd be okay even without the shrink to be honest, but whatever works for ya.
    05-27-09 12:31 PM
    Shinking the OS gets rid of unused object (whats the sense of them sittin there doin nothing?) and free up some extra space. So why wouldnt ya shrink Patches? hhaa

Like I said before, my goal is 67
    05-27-09 12:47 PM
    shrinkage is BAD!!!
    05-27-09 01:01 PM
    It depends on which context shrinkage applies. I believe in this context its a great thing. Now what ever you may be talking about is probably a completely different story. haha
    05-27-09 01:40 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD