well, yes. CX and radio get feedback WAY up the line from where testing takes place, at least from the part of testing that would be required to certify an OS....the friendly user test is required to pass an OS...i've recently been educated as to the complete process for testing, and i assure you it is impossible for VZW to approve software in any other manner than every other OS goes through. so there is no "backup, already certified OS"...it's either misinterpreted feedback, or downright wrong.
    I never blamed radio or cx.... But I am well aware that their grapevine may not be that reliable.

You have to give them credit for being the most reliable source of info... But the fact is they are passing it second hand so they may get it wrong from time to time.

However... There sure were a lot of people counting on their accuracy rate to hold out for at least this one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:34 PM
    Anyone notice that the OS discussion forum has become about as interesting as watching paint dry?

05-14-09 02:34 PM
    That is dangerous my friend.

why? they haven't clarified anything, so we're left speculating and filling in the gaps. besides they were wrong about it, so if they wanna come back and clarify what they said, or what they thought they were saying, or what actually was told to them now that we're after the fact, i'd totally support them. they're right time and time again, but in this one instance, when it comes to VZW testing particularly, they are kinda removed a little more than a few other people here, including myself.

that being said, i'll re-state what i said when the topic was brought up. summary, or course

there is no other testing process besides the one that .141 and .113 went through (what .141 was going through at the time), so to say that there is another OS "approved and ready to be released" is sort of strange. there is no reason VZW has to hold back any OS. if it's approved and passes all of testing, it will get released. simple as that.

now i'm not doing this to call anyone out, i'm just trying to show that secondhand info is ALWAYS sketchy....unless you see it yourself, chances are it's lost in translation...
    05-14-09 02:38 PM
    I never blamed radio or cx.... But I am well aware that their grapevine may not be that reliable.

You have to give them credit for being the most reliable source of info... But the fact is they are passing it second hand so they may get it wrong from time to time.

However... There sure were a lot of people counting on their accuracy rate to hold out for at least this one...

Those that have not upgraded yet, should now. Why anyone outside of BES users an Mac users continue to hold out is beyond me. there is no end in sight for their wait.

05-14-09 02:38 PM
    Anyone notice that the OS discussion forum has become about as interesting as watching paint dry?

This always happens when there hasn't been a leak in a while. Sucks.

Ever since the Storm Owner's forum opened, the Off-topic discussion relating to the OS has moved here and no one really comes here much because they are more interested in their post counts.
    05-14-09 02:54 PM
    If the next leak is higher than .15X I will be VERY surprised.

And I believe that it will be for the 9500 before the 9530.
    Yeah, we usually DO see a jump of ~10 build numbers with each leak, you're probably right. Of course, wasn't one of the .15x builds supposedly REALLY nice? I believe radio said it was at one point, but I could be mistake about the poster.
    05-14-09 11:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD