I saw that they are as high as .2xx in builds. So what will make it to our hands? Or are we going straight to 5.0? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:36 AM
    Where did you see that? Crackberry......
    Been over a month ago since that thread.
    05-14-09 06:42 AM
    No one get upset and I'm just posting what I was told by a Verizon rep. I believe this guy a bit more then I believe all the other VZ reps who say 1 month. I called customer service to ask a question about my phone and then asked the rep that I wanted to speak to the supervisor. I s/w the supervisor and asked him when the new OS for VZ was going to be coming out as the current .75 OS sucks. I also stated that VZ was really slacking as other phone companies have already released up to .141. He said that he would call the corporate office to see if he could find a release date for me. I also told him to find out if it would be a 4.7 or 5.0 platform. He said he would find out and call me back. Well, 3 hours later he calls me back and apoligizes for taking so long but he said that he had to call a buch of different# in order to get to the correct people to help him. He said that VZ was set to release the .141 but at the last minute releazed that it had some bugs that they were not happy with. He said that VZ is set to release a new OS but not until before fall. He couldn't tell me what N it would be as he said that VXZ was testing a few right now. He also stated that the next release would be a 4.7 release not a 5.0. He stated that they are working on a 5.0 OS but that the next official release would be on the 4.7 platform. How of this is true? i don't know. Just thought I would share.
    05-14-09 08:28 AM
    I dont care if an official comes out or not I just would like a beta to play around with at work, while I am bored to death sitting at my computer.
    05-14-09 08:32 AM
    I dont care if an official comes out or not I just would like a beta to play around with at work, while I am bored to death sitting at my computer.
    +1 to this statement...
    05-14-09 08:34 AM
    No one get upset and I'm just posting what I was told by a Verizon rep. I believe this guy a bit more then I believe all the other VZ reps who say 1 month. I called customer service to ask a question about my phone and then asked the rep that I wanted to speak to the supervisor. I s/w the supervisor and asked him when the new OS for VZ was going to be coming out as the current .75 OS sucks. I also stated that VZ was really slacking as other phone companies have already released up to .141. He said that he would call the corporate office to see if he could find a release date for me. I also told him to find out if it would be a 4.7 or 5.0 platform. He said he would find out and call me back. Well, 3 hours later he calls me back and apoligizes for taking so long but he said that he had to call a buch of different# in order to get to the correct people to help him. He said that VZ was set to release the .141 but at the last minute releazed that it had some bugs that they were not happy with. He said that VZ is set to release a new OS but not until before fall. He couldn't tell me what N it would be as he said that VXZ was testing a few right now. He also stated that the next release would be a 4.7 release not a 5.0. He stated that they are working on a 5.0 OS but that the next official release would be on the 4.7 platform. How of this is true? i don't know. Just thought I would share.
    None of what you said is news. Not trying to burn you really but this has been discussed a million times, and the fact that you heard it from any Verizon rep dismisses it immediately. Verizon reps have no idea as to when a release is going to be issued.
    05-14-09 08:34 AM
    He said that VZ is set to release a new OS but not until before fall.. if they were set to release it, why wait till fall???? hhhmmmmm???
    05-14-09 08:39 AM
    +1 to this statement...
    +2. Keep on leaking....
    05-14-09 08:41 AM
    None of what you said is news. Not trying to burn you really but this has been discussed a million times, and the fact that you heard it from any Verizon rep dismisses it immediately. Verizon reps have no idea as to when a release is going to be issued.
    That is why I said,:i don't know how much if this is true" I run a Hybrid on my phone and couldn't be happier. I don't care about an official release as long as the leaks keep coming and as long as Lyricidal keep doing his amazing work. I know that when an officail release comes out, it only going to be made better by Lyricidal or BBC. Ther are some people on here who do nothing but whine about when the next OFFICIAL release is going to be because they are to nervous to run a Beta Leak.
    05-14-09 08:47 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that my sister who lives in Jersey also has the Storm just like me but she runs the .75 oS and she says her phone runs well. I told her I was running the .141/ 5.0 Hubrid and that the phone is amazingly better. She says that she highly doubts it's that much better. I told her next she comes down to visit, I will upgrade her phone for her. Hopefully she will see the difference between .75 and the .141/ 5.0 hybrid. I know I did.
    05-14-09 08:52 AM
    If the next leak is higher than .15X I will be VERY surprised.

And I believe that it will be for the 9500 before the 9530.
    05-14-09 09:04 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that my sister who lives in Jersey also has the Storm just like me but she runs the .75 oS and she says her phone runs well. I told her I was running the .141/ 5.0 Hubrid and that the phone is amazingly better. She says that she highly doubts it's that much better. I told her next she comes down to visit, I will upgrade her phone for her. Hopefully she will see the difference between .75 and the .141/ 5.0 hybrid. I know I did.
    I am so happy to hear this. Really made my day. Thank you.
    05-14-09 09:04 AM
    If the next leak is higher than .15X I will be VERY surprised.

And I believe that it will be for the 9500 before the 9530.
    If thats because of what "someone" else said, I'd take it with a grain of salt, a small grain
    05-14-09 09:08 AM
    Yesterday, my wife thought it would be funny to ask her corporate rep about the 9630 and Storm OS. She got late fall for the 9630 and June for the Storm OS. I think she actually LOL'd in the reps face. I've trained her so well.
    Last edited by paulmike3; 05-14-09 at 09:12 AM.
    05-14-09 09:10 AM
    If thats because of what "someone" else said, I'd take it with a grain of salt, a small grain
    lol, Radio.

Are you inside my head?

Yeah, I take what the person with the name starting with the letter "a" says with an entire box of kosher salt. But who knows.
    05-14-09 09:22 AM
    Where did you see that? Crackberry......
    Been over a month ago since that thread.
    It was about the same time the same person said VzW had a build "certified and ready to go".....

....And has been eerily silent about it ever since.

05-14-09 09:48 AM
    I hope we get one this week before I go on vaca.....to play with

05-14-09 09:53 AM
    Next OS .171 leak

05-14-09 10:15 AM
    It was about the same time the same person said VzW had a build "certified and ready to go".....

i really, REALLY dislike the phrase "i told you so". just wanted to put that out there.

that is all.
    05-14-09 12:59 PM

Just fyi, there were a couple people that said that, and none of them disclosed what build it was, so it may still be the case....
    05-14-09 01:01 PM
    Next OS .171 leak

You leaking it? You got it? Well don't make up stuff then
    05-14-09 01:02 PM
    Just fyi, there were a couple people that said that, and none of them disclosed what build it was, so it may still be the case....
    really?

i thought i've taught you better than that olta.

really??????

05-14-09 01:05 PM
    really?

i thought i've taught you better than that olta.

really??????
    You did, my friend.....but are you going against CX and radio?
    05-14-09 01:06 PM
    You did, my friend.....but are you going against CX and radio?
    well, yes. CX and radio get feedback WAY up the line from where testing takes place, at least from the part of testing that would be required to certify an OS....the friendly user test is required to pass an OS...i've recently been educated as to the complete process for testing, and i assure you it is impossible for VZW to approve software in any other manner than every other OS goes through. so there is no "backup, already certified OS"...it's either misinterpreted feedback, or downright wrong.
    05-14-09 01:13 PM
    well, yes. CX and radio get feedback WAY up the line from where testing takes place, at least from the part of testing that would be required to certify an OS....the friendly user test is required to pass an OS...i've recently been educated as to the complete process for testing, and i assure you it is impossible for VZW to approve software in any other manner than every other OS goes through. so there is no "backup, already certified OS"...it's either misinterpreted feedback, or downright wrong.
    That is dangerous my friend.

05-14-09 02:31 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD