I mean seriously!!!! I wanna like this phone as it definitely has potential to do everything I want in my phone ... but I am tired of seeing these updates and they all seem to be pretty much the same. I dont have any doubts now that they are using us to try out these so called 'leaked updates. I mean come on man, get your act straight and come up with an official update which really works. Granted its new and it will take time but where is the official update?? There are days when the phone works great but then there are days when this thing freezes and it tends to happen when I really have to use the phone. Yesterday I even thought about getting a Curve again but I dont think they are available anymore and I dont wanna pay a lot on Ebay. Anyways, just venting out my frustration. I know there is hope somewhere in the future but with all these new models coming out soon such as Javelin and Niagara I wont stick with Storm for a long time unless they put out a real update.
    02-12-09 04:51 PM
    I feel the same way.
    02-12-09 04:53 PM
    Very Frustrating
    02-12-09 04:57 PM
    Verizon is not out of Curves. I too, am getting anxious about an OS update.
    02-12-09 04:59 PM
    The curve is still available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 05:00 PM
    02-12-09 05:04 PM
    ya. i agree whole heartedly. But none the less, the updates are like crack. And im enjoying the progress of the phone. Because when it is polished, we all understand how good of a phone it will be!
    02-12-09 05:08 PM
    I dont think we'll ever see the update were expecting. Theyre probably just gonna let the phone die out.

Read the sig...
    02-12-09 05:09 PM
    Thats unfortunate that your not proud. I really am. I get doubts occasionally. But love my phone. I bet your expectations were too high from the get go.
    02-12-09 05:32 PM
    Agreed. Seems like the updates are the New thing in the bb world...the storm is the worst but the bold has had a bunch and the 8900 has had a couple already too. Its ******** already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 05:49 PM
    Thats unfortunate that your not proud. I really am. I get doubts occasionally. But love my phone. I bet your expectations were too high from the get go.
    Well not too high. I mean this is coming from someone who switched from Iphone to Instinct to LG Dare to Curve and finally to this model. I came to Verizon because of their coverage in my area and Storm is the best phone they have to offer. Dont take me wrong I like this phone but I want it to work when I really need it and not freeze on me. AT times I am standing in the middle of the crowd either pressing on buttons like crazy or pulling on the battery and that seems to be happening a lot more frequently. Like i said it has potential but it seems RIM or Verizon whoever is working on the updates have given up on this. There is a lot of competition on the market and it will keep on getting better. Its a matter of time till Verizon picks up a better looking and working phone so Storm better get a working update if it wants to compete with others.
    02-12-09 05:50 PM
    Well considering its a phone that was meant to kill its competition, and the fact that it had the biggest cellphone carrier in North America backing it up while being made by RIM...it shouldve met at least the same or near the same status the iPhone had. You really cannot compare the two. It's no surprise to me that more than half of storm owners truly believe the iPhone really is leaps and bounds better than this, and frankly I agree. I hate it when people ask to see my phone. Most people expect it to run just like it does on the commercials and in reality its nowhere near that, and I find it a little embarrassing when they see how much of a piece of crizzap it can be at times.
    02-12-09 06:19 PM
    UPDATE: After a wonderful day spent dreaming of the possibility of a more modern �Berry, 8330s are now back in stock.
    02-12-09 06:51 PM
    UPDATE: After a wonderful day spent dreaming of the possibility of a more modern �Berry, 8330s are now back in stock.
    Horribly dated, let's hope this is the final batch to sell
    02-12-09 06:59 PM
    You said exactly what I was thinking.... I had so many probs with the phone, I asked the Verizon tech what other phone he would suggest I get since I was sooo fed up with the one I have. I've been through FOUR! It has amazing potential, so I'll stick with it, but I hope Verizon doesn't have plans to come out with anything better or I might just kick my BB habit.
    02-12-09 07:12 PM
    Well considering its a phone that was meant to kill its competition, and the fact that it had the biggest cellphone carrier in North America backing it up while being made by RIM...it shouldve met at least the same or near the same status the iPhone had. You really cannot compare the two. It's no surprise to me that more than half of storm owners truly believe the iPhone really is leaps and bounds better than this, and frankly I agree. I hate it when people ask to see my phone. Most people expect it to run just like it does on the commercials and in reality its nowhere near that, and I find it a little embarrassing when they see how much of a piece of crizzap it can be at times.
    is your avatar from critters??
    02-12-09 07:14 PM
    is your avatar from critters??
    not even sure...i hated that movie!

Btw its really animated but cb doesnt allow animated gif avys

02-12-09 07:22 PM
    i honestly see no difference between .75 and .99 or .103. besides the terrible portrait qwerty which is unusable IMO, epecially without popup keys. and a green go button. lol thats it

maybe 1-5% faster, just as unstable, memory about the same, typing lags, etc.

it only seems like they are doing alot because they break so much in the betas and then fix it.

but seriously what has been fixed/added in .99 or .103 that .75 doesnt have?

and i call bull that the accell is faster or the phone is faster, maybe 5% but thats nothing.
    02-12-09 07:27 PM

I mean seriously!!!! I wanna like this phone as it definitely has potential to do everything I want in my phone ... but I am tired of seeing these updates and they all seem to be pretty much the same. I dont have any doubts now that they are using us to try out these so called 'leaked updates. I mean come on man, get your act straight and come up with an official update which really works. Granted its new and it will take time but where is the official update?? There are days when the phone works great but then there are days when this thing freezes and it tends to happen when I really have to use the phone. Yesterday I even thought about getting a Curve again but I dont think they are available anymore and I dont wanna pay a lot on Ebay. Anyways, just venting out my frustration. I know there is hope somewhere in the future but with all these new models coming out soon such as Javelin and Niagara I wont stick with Storm for a long time unless they put out a real update.
    What a tool.

Are you gonna cry?

Soooooo, your threat to RIM is this......

"Either you hurry up and make me the OS I want, or I'm just gonna be forced to buy another $500 RIM device with a buggy OS due to it being a BRAND NEW DEVICE."

Seriously? What a punishment. I'm sure RIM execs are quivering right now.

Not very scary, smart genius man.

My Storm works fine with .103.

I don't instal crapware. Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, Slacker, ect.

Just because you can install it, doesn't mean it will work good.

Don't like it? Doesn't suit your needs?

GET RID OF IT.
    Last edited by Thomas271973; 02-12-09 at 08:26 PM.
    02-12-09 08:23 PM
    i honestly see no difference between .75 and .99 or .103. besides the terrible portrait qwerty which is unusable IMO, epecially without popup keys. and a green go button. lol thats it

maybe 1-5% faster, just as unstable, memory about the same, typing lags, etc.

it only seems like they are doing alot because they break so much in the betas and then fix it.

but seriously what has been fixed/added in .99 or .103 that .75 doesnt have?

and i call bull that the accell is faster or the phone is faster, maybe 5% but thats nothing.
    Do you just type paragraphs to burn time?

You seriously don't see any difference between .75 and .103?

Mmmmk, then go get a phone you can understand.

J J J J J Jitterbug!!!!!
    02-12-09 08:25 PM
    Do you just type paragraphs to burn time?

You seriously don't see any difference between .75 and .103?

Mmmmk, then go get a phone you can understand.

J J J J J Jitterbug!!!!!
    no i dont.

well actually i do, my battery worked better in .75, bbm didnt freeze in .75, and my bluetooth worked while watching videos in .75. but other than that, nope no difference. edit: oh dont let forget, my color depth was better in .75 too.
    Last edited by mike240se; 02-12-09 at 09:16 PM.
    02-12-09 09:13 PM
    no i dont.

well actually i do, my battery worked better in .75, bbm didnt freeze in .75, and my bluetooth worked while watching videos in .75. but other than that, nope no difference. edit: oh dont let forget, my color depth was better in .75 too.
    Ummm, ok. Then stay with .75.

Bbm is absolutely pointless to me, so I couldn't care less if it freezes.

My battery is fine.

Use a wired headset. Or, downgrade to .75. Or, get a perfect phone with no problems.

Color depth?

Whatever dude. .75 was straight trash.

SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!
    02-12-09 09:20 PM
    What a tool.

Are you gonna cry?

Soooooo, your threat to RIM is this......

"Either you hurry up and make me the OS I want, or I'm just gonna be forced to buy another $500 RIM device with a buggy OS due to it being a BRAND NEW DEVICE."

Seriously? What a punishment. I'm sure RIM execs are quivering right now.

Not very scary, smart genius man.

My Storm works fine with .103.

I don't instal crapware. Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, Slacker, ect.

Just because you can install it, doesn't mean it will work good.

Don't like it? Doesn't suit your needs?

GET RID OF IT.

WOW, talk about being dyslexic. Did you not get what I was trying to say? If you are happy with yours then thats great. I am very very happy for you. Where in my message you saw that I installed all that crapware you talked about? All I was saying its not working well as a phone and RIM needs to fix it if they wanna stay in the competition. I cant stand people like you..... this is a freaking blog and I am just venting my frustration along with several others who are not satisfied yet. And I'll get rid of it if I want to .... I dont need your advice .... alright GENIUS MAN.
    02-12-09 09:34 PM
    Ummm, ok. Then stay with .75.

Bbm is absolutely pointless to me, so I couldn't care less if it freezes.

My battery is fine.

Use a wired headset. Or, downgrade to .75. Or, get a perfect phone with no problems.

Color depth?

Whatever dude. .75 was straight trash.

SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

so because you dont need BBM, the rest of us shouldnt either?

and because your battery is "fine" that means we should all go by your standard of "fine"?

wear a wired headset? well last i checked the box says it supports bluetooth stereo headsets, so i want what i paid for.

color depth, yes color depth, you havent seen the hundreds of posts in the os beta forums complaining about the messed up color gradient? how all gradients look terrible? well i guess that makes sense you havent seen them sicne you have only been a member for less than 2 weeks!

being that you probably came from something like a razr v3, i could see why you would be happy with things as they are.
    02-12-09 09:43 PM
    WOW, talk about being dyslexic. Did you not get what I was trying to say? If you are happy with yours then thats great. I am very very happy for you. Where in my message you saw that I installed all that crapware you talked about? All I was saying its not working well as a phone and RIM needs to fix it if they wanna stay in the competition. I cant stand people like you..... this is a freaking blog and I am just venting my frustration along with several others who are not satisfied yet. And I'll get rid of it if I want to .... I dont need your advice .... alright GENIUS MAN.
    See that little "Quote" button?

Yup, you're putting yourself out on an open forum.

Pretty sure RIM is on RIM's schedule, not yours.

Tool.
    02-12-09 09:47 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD