06-04-09 07:53 AM
113 ... 2345
tools
    I am on my first and overall it has been rock solid. however having a few issues and really wondering if I should ask for a replacement since it seems like the ones verizon sends out suck.

The few issues im having now are actual hardware issues it seems. Overall I have babied my phone so not sure what happened or if its normal for these. First the charging port has become very loose, to the point where if i wiggle it it stops charging / clock goes off and on etc. One night my phone didnt charge due to this. Also it seems that the green phone button and red off button are starting to peel off.

Should I hold off or ask for a replacement?
    05-28-09 07:49 AM
    I'm on my 7th or 8th storm! It's getting ridiculous just make a good product RIM isn't putting a good name on their product if people are replacing it so freaking much.
    05-28-09 08:12 AM
    I am on my first and overall it has been rock solid. however having a few issues and really wondering if I should ask for a replacement since it seems like the ones verizon sends out suck.

The few issues im having now are actual hardware issues it seems. Overall I have babied my phone so not sure what happened or if its normal for these. First the charging port has become very loose, to the point where if i wiggle it it stops charging / clock goes off and on etc. One night my phone didnt charge due to this. Also it seems that the green phone button and red off button are starting to peel off.

Should I hold off or ask for a replacement?
    i would say wait until they get their act together because im on #5 and every replacement has been worse then the first, with the same problems + a few more.
    05-28-09 08:23 AM
    Still rocking my original bought on the day of the release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 08:24 AM
    numero uno since dec 5th
    05-28-09 11:44 AM
    Got the replacement Storm today. Note my new PIN: 30507C78.
    05-28-09 04:32 PM
    Still on #1. Very happy with my Storm. Running 148 and loving it.

05-28-09 05:32 PM
    Still on my first. For the past six months.
    05-28-09 05:36 PM
    I just quit after my 5th broke. I am done. Went to AT&T and the Bold. I can't believe how much I missed a real blackberry. Should have saved myself a lot of aggrevation and time by sticking with the curve. Love the Bold!
    05-28-09 05:44 PM
    Second. First was great but I spilled oil on it and it wicked inbetween the glass and looked like crap. This one, brand new insurance replacement, clicked like crap but I did a couple things to make it better so ill stick with it.

05-28-09 06:00 PM
    Original, since December '08. Other than specks of dust, the BBerry is working well.
    05-28-09 09:41 PM
    im on my first one still and have had it since december! Guess I got lucky......knock on wood
    05-29-09 11:27 AM
    On my first xo
    05-29-09 05:02 PM
    im on my 2nd first one they couldent figure out why my email wouldent work, and it would restart a lot on its own
    05-31-09 01:14 PM
    on my 2nd...my 1st one people all said I sounded like I was talking through a sock
    05-31-09 03:10 PM
    I'm still on number 1... was about to return it for click issues. but did the sticker circle trick and decided i would give it another try.... and after i went to .148 leak i thought its fine...

i would like to replace soon tho... my holster took all the chrome off where it comes into contact with the phone... all i have to do is take the stickers out and say the click sucks... they will prob replace it.

my fiancé on the other hand is on #3
    first one the signal would drop out for no reason.
    second one the battery stopped charging and reset and the click stopped.
    number three is 2 days old. i just put the official .148 on it. seems good so far...
    05-31-09 07:43 PM
    I'm still on number 1... was about to return it for click issues. but did the sticker circle trick and decided i would give it another try.... and after i went to .148 leak i thought its fine...

i would like to replace soon tho... my holster took all the chrome off where it comes into contact with the phone... all i have to do is take the stickers out and say the click sucks... they will prob replace it.

my fiancé on the other hand is on #3
    first one the signal would drop out for no reason.
    second one the battery stopped charging and reset and the click stopped.
    number three is 2 days old. i just put the official .148 on it. seems good so far...

just to put it out there, this is the reason people think that people who have so many replacements are just looking for problems. if the chrome fell off thats your fault not vzws, if u messed up your chrome, here Blackberry 9530 Storm Front Faceplate Housing Frame with Top Blackberry Cover and Chrome Sides, Blackberry 9530 Storm Cell Phone Parts, please dont make people like me who are on # 5 look bad by lying just because of a cosmetic thing.

AND CHANCES ARE(from experince) YOUR REPLACEMENT WILL BE 10X WORSE THEN THE ONE WITH THE CHROME ISSUES, if you have one that works hold onto it for dear life
    05-31-09 09:55 PM
    I'm on #1 and only. It works perfect for me
    05-31-09 10:06 PM
    I'm fortunate that I've only had to get a second Storm. I can't believe how many issues some of you have had with the phone!

#1 was okay.... Extremely buggy and slow, kept randomly resetting while I would text or email. That got super annoying! Especially when VZW wouldn't replace it and couldn't tell me why it was being stupid. Then the last straw was the screen getting a huge black spot on like 2/3 of the screen...

#2 felt so much more composed, like BlackBerry actually didn't do a half *** job. Now that I just upgraded, it feels like a whole new phone! iPhone what?
    06-01-09 01:03 AM
    I'm on my 3rd storm

06-01-09 01:20 AM
    On #1 since 11/25. Has been nearly perfect and has been thru its fair share of abuse.
    06-01-09 01:32 AM
    I'm on #1 and only. It works perfect for me
    Ditto that response...
    06-01-09 01:42 AM
    iam on my 4th storm. 1st one camera didnt work 2nd one was lost 3rd one was dropped looked all beat up so i got another one so i been on my 4rd so far so good hope nothing happens to my right hand man
    06-01-09 02:07 AM
    just to put it out there, this is the reason people think that people who have so many replacements are just looking for problems. if the chrome fell off thats your fault not vzws, if u messed up your chrome, here Blackberry 9530 Storm Front Faceplate Housing Frame with Top Blackberry Cover and Chrome Sides, Blackberry 9530 Storm Cell Phone Parts, please dont make people like me who are on # 5 look bad by lying just because of a cosmetic thing.

AND CHANCES ARE(from experince) YOUR REPLACEMENT WILL BE 10X WORSE THEN THE ONE WITH THE CHROME ISSUES, if you have one that works hold onto it for dear life
    well it was not my fault... if you read, i said the holster ( the one from verizon) took off the chrome.. not me.. i have never dropped my phone once. and if I'm not using the holster I'm using a silicone case... the phone has an obvious click problem. but i rigged it to work... IMO i shouldn't have to do that... but i did. because i dont want to be that guy who returns it for something simple..i wasn't looking for problems. i actually fixed a problem and dealt with it. but i shouldn't have had to. i payed for a product i should get what i payed for. the reason i said replace it for the chrome. is because i can. i have a legitimate problem. and want a working phone that i don't have to put stickers behind the battery to make it work right. I'm not doing any lying.

and btw. im not taking apart my storm or paying 40 bucks for something that i can get for free. and honestly i dont even care that much that the chrome is gone.
    06-01-09 08:14 PM
    well it was not my fault... if you read, i said the holster ( the one from verizon) took off the chrome.. not me.. i have never dropped my phone once. and if I'm not using the holster I'm using a silicone case... the phone has an obvious click problem. but i rigged it to work... IMO i shouldn't have to do that... but i did. because i dont want to be that guy who returns it for something simple..i wasn't looking for problems. i actually fixed a problem and dealt with it. but i shouldn't have had to. i payed for a product i should get what i payed for. the reason i said replace it for the chrome. is because i can. i have a legitimate problem. and want a working phone that i don't have to put stickers behind the battery to make it work right. I'm not doing any lying.

and btw. im not taking apart my storm or paying 40 bucks for something that i can get for free. and honestly i dont even care that much that the chrome is gone.
    then i appoligize for the missunderstanding i didnt realize that you had a screen click problem but going back and reading it now i see. as for the chrome if it was a vzw holster then id say go get a new one IF you want to take the risk of getting a phone 10x worse, but if thats your choice.

and there are people on here that just replace their phones when ever it gets a scratch or something like that
    06-01-09 08:18 PM
113 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD