I'm finding that what would REALLY make a huge difference for me is if:

1. The keyboard had a "delete" button along with backspace. It would make it alot easier to edit..

2. wider space bar! I keep hitting the symbol button accidentally!

3. along with the added "delete" button, how about if when we hold down either the backspace, or delete.. it locked in a mode where you can freely move forward and back through the message you're trying to type! I would LOVE this!

4. please make the area just above the keyboard a small dead space. If I hit the keys just a bit high, I find myself moving the cursor around alot and I think this might be a reason why my keyboard disappears constantly! lol

None of these features would be tough to add, but I think they would make typing MUCH MUCH better!

RIM... are you listening!?!
    12-08-08 09:09 AM
    Why don't you just email them at [email protected]

They might listen then.
    12-08-08 09:20 AM
    I think they need to add arrow keys.

I seem to be typing away, then end up in the middle of a word at the beginning of the sentence. It's really difficult to navigate through words to edit a letter.

The letter "A" tends to have my cursor go to the beginning.
    Sometimes, hitting the Space Bar takes away the keyboard.
    12-08-08 09:22 AM
    Regarding #3, if you hold your finger on the message without clicking, the cursor will turn into a square and you can slide your finger back and forth in the message text.
    12-08-08 09:25 AM
    how about in qwerty make the space bar just touch sensitive, meaning you doing have to click the screen. in my experience that is the only button i hit that i dont give the screen enough time to pop back up
    12-08-08 09:27 AM
    From playing with the one in the store, it would be nice if they would add the ability to hit the num key and it stay on nums until you hit the abc... key again.

When I was trying to send a test text message from the store, I hit the 123... key pressed one num and then it went back to letters. I had to keep hitting the 123 key for each number I wanted to dial...
    12-08-08 09:28 AM
    I know of the "hover over and slide the box back and forth" but I do wish there was arrows to go left and right. Good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:31 AM
    From playing with the one in the store, it would be nice if they would add the ability to hit the num key and it stay on nums until you hit the abc... key again.

When I was trying to send a test text message from the store, I hit the 123... key pressed one num and then it went back to letters. I had to keep hitting the 123 key for each number I wanted to dial...
    Hold down the 123 key.

12-08-08 09:33 AM
    Regarding #3, if you hold your finger on the message without clicking, the cursor will turn into a square and you can slide your finger back and forth in the message text.
    I use this, but find it's very frustrating to be accurate
    12-08-08 06:37 PM
    If you hit the alt key and then the backspace it works as a delete key.

While we're making suggestions... I'd like the key pad to default during a phone call, so the speakerphone is hidden and I can hit * to go into voice mail, 7 to delete a message or dial an extension
    12-08-08 06:42 PM
    +1 on the space bar being too narrow
    12-08-08 06:43 PM
    Needs a Tab key or a keyboard way to move to the next field on a web form.
    12-08-08 06:45 PM
    I agree on the spacebar 100%

-Graz
    12-08-08 06:46 PM
    I agree with the delete button and larger space bar. I type pretty damn fast on this thing, but lately I've been hitting that damn symbol key instead of the space bar while texting. Pretty damn annoying.
    12-08-08 07:16 PM
    I'd like an easier way to jump to specific letters of words you already wrote. Very difficult. My friend's iphone is very easy b/c they implemented this magnifying glass thing. Maybe we could get something like that for the Storm.
    12-08-08 07:33 PM
    What about a comma next to the period? I use commas a lot and hate going to 123 each time I need one!
    12-08-08 07:48 PM

While we're making suggestions... I'd like the key pad to default during a phone call, so the speakerphone is hidden and I can hit * to go into voice mail, 7 to delete a message or dial an extension
    I like your thinking...

I hate that i have to manually bring up the keypad, which if the call just connected, takes forever to come up, just to find that when the screen dims, it disappears again.

Frustrating to say the least.

Also, thanks for the alt+backspace tip. I didn't know that!
    12-08-08 07:51 PM
    There are some good suggestions here. I agree with the tab key, and the keypad during phone call issue.

i hope they listed.

*sending email to BB again*
    12-08-08 07:54 PM
    add me to wider space bar. im sick of hitting the symbol button
    12-08-08 07:56 PM
    Another vote for the wider space bar. I constantly hit the Sym key when going for the space.

12-08-08 07:57 PM

quoted for truth.

But yeah, +1 on the tab key
    12-08-08 07:59 PM
    What about a comma next to the period? I use commas a lot and hate going to 123 each time I need one!
    Speaking of which when you do hit the "123" key, it should stay in that format until you click it again. I ****in HATE when I'm tryin to type a series of numbers and have to hit that key after every number I put in. One of my biggest gripes with this keyboard.
    12-08-08 08:02 PM
    Basically I think they just need to make the options more configurable. I'd love to have the "add a participant" replaced with a dialpad button or a lock button. And I agree a tab key (and slash key when in the browser) would be nice, as well as a comma. But why not just an app to make those changes on a user-by-user basis?
    12-08-08 08:12 PM
    Speaking of which when you do hit the "123" key, it should stay in that format until you click it again. I ****in HATE when I'm tryin to type a series of numbers and have to hit that key after every number I put in. One of my biggest gripes with this keyboard.
    all you have to do is hold down the 123 key and a tiny lock will appear and you can type a lot of numbers. Then you hit it again to get back to letters.
    12-08-08 08:26 PM
    yeah, everyone posting about numbers. HOLD DOWN the "123" key for a few seconds and it will lock that keyboard, then press space to get out of it.
    12-08-08 08:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD