What should we be expecting for update 5.0 Everybodys been talking about it or nothing ive seen. Does anybody have anyidea what we are wating for what is getting upgraded, and what not?
    05-18-09 09:45 PM
    There is a great writeup on this by Kevin that he did about 2 weeks ago. Do a search of the blog. It's really informative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:49 PM
    Sunshine and blue skies, 12K DOW,
    05-18-09 09:50 PM
    From what I've read it isn't going to bring any major changes. Most people expect it to be more stable than 4.7 though.
    05-18-09 09:52 PM
    speed speed and applications
    05-18-09 09:53 PM
    If all those features listed in that large writeup are present, I'll be really happy. Of course I'd be happier with a faster/more stable OS first though.
    05-18-09 09:54 PM
    I posted this in another thread I made.

WHAT WE DO KNOW ABOUT 5.0

- Verizon has several builds in testing and will be obtaining more soon.
    - Made to offer a uniform core for most of the newer BB models.
    - The UI is mostly unchanged from 4.7
    - Build .126+ seems to run equal to the latest 4.7 build, if not better.
    - Internal builds are up to at least .13x
    - General features are listed here http://crackberry.com/hot-full-os-5-...s-walk-through
    - Looking at an official release in Fall
    05-18-09 09:55 PM
    05-18-09 09:56 PM
    Very nice guys quick replying, I just hope they come out with it sooner then fall the longer they wait the more blackberry users there going to lose
    05-18-09 10:11 PM
    Very nice guys quick replying, I just hope they come out with it sooner then fall the longer they wait the more blackberry users there going to lose
    I dont think that is actually true.. while 5.0 may be a game changer for BES users I find that going from 4.7 to 5.0 is not a big change. It is faster and the fact that its a unified platform will make development faster across all devices.
    05-18-09 10:14 PM

- General features are listed here Full OS 5.0 Incremental Features Walk Through | CrackBerry.com
    All of this information is true except for the official release in fall.
    I am not sure where you came up with that. No one knows when it will be released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:17 PM
    I can see it causing sales of the Storm to drop off WHEN a 5.0 device ships; but I cannot see the current lack of 5.0 causing any Storm owners to return their device right now (after all, there ARE no 5.0 devices on the market). 99% of the average Storm users out there would be perfectly happy with a decent 4.7 release, IMHO. 5.0 is not going to be a "Gee-Whiz" must have OS for the average user. It's not going to turn the storm into a portable gaming console, cook your breakfast, OR make coffee. BES admins will probably like it, though.
    05-18-09 11:11 PM
    latest 4.7 build, if not better.
    Yeah, build .137 kicks much @$$!!!! The best part is, if you run the new RIM iPhone OS simulator on the device, it enables FLICK SCROLLING. And lets you play the new Need For Speed Undercover iPhone game at 60fps with enhanced detail and 16x antialiasing. It's AWESOME!!!!!

(of course, this is all a joke, I don't have any 5.0 builds, let alone .137 if it even exists)
    05-18-09 11:16 PM
    All of this information is true except for the official release in fall.
    I am not sure where you came up with that. No one knows when it will be released.
    I said "looking at". Not for sure. It seems like that's when it will be coming, thats why I said that. It could be later.
    05-21-09 03:20 AM
    If it won't write my first novel for me, forget about it. As for losing me as a blackberry user -- I've come this far learning the ins and outs of this OS, the length of the wait may actually have cemented me as a blackberry user...The little increments in stability and feature development we'll likely see are nothing compared to the overall investment of my time time and energy making this device work. Doesn't mean I'm loyal to the brand, though...
    05-21-09 06:25 AM

- General features are listed here http://crackberry.com/hot-full-os-5-...s-walk-through
    I'd say the latest builds run better then any 4.7.
    05-21-09 10:58 AM
    I said "looking at". Not for sure. It seems like that's when it will be coming, thats why I said that. It could be later.
    Or earlier But maybe that wont be "official" then.
    05-21-09 11:00 AM
    Don't expect anything amazing. OS 5 looks like 4.7 for the Storm. We "basically" have it already...the only difference is that our OS sucks nads. The real differences will be seen in 4.5 and 5.6 going to 5.0.
    05-21-09 11:04 AM
    Am I the only one dissapointed with the 5.0 BIS enhancements? IMO, RIM is falling a little behind in the functionality department. I would have liked to have seen for BIS at the least:

-- Tabbed Browsing
    -- Turn by Turn directions in BB Maps
    -- The ability to wirelessly sync subfolders, contacts and calendar entries
    -- More enhancements to the GUI
    -- More aperture settings for models with a camera
    -- An updated media application

I know BES is the bread and butter, but not everyone wants to implement BES for their enterprise and I think the remote management features are what should sell BES, not what I consider basic email and calendaring integration.
    05-21-09 12:59 PM
    The one thing that I do not like about 4.7 is that it was rushed and most certainly does use the storms full capacity.

I would love for 5.0 to unlock the storms true potential, I know its hiding in there we just have to coax it out in the open with some candy or something
    05-21-09 01:16 PM
    no body else has any thoughts on this?
    05-22-09 10:42 AM
    Am I the only one dissapointed with the 5.0 BIS enhancements? IMO, RIM is falling a little behind in the functionality department. I would have liked to have seen for BIS at the least:

-- Tabbed Browsing
    -- Turn by Turn directions in BB Maps
    -- The ability to wirelessly sync subfolders, contacts and calendar entries
    -- More enhancements to the GUI
    -- More aperture settings for models with a camera
    -- An updated media application

I know BES is the bread and butter, but not everyone wants to implement BES for their enterprise and I think the remote management features are what should sell BES, not what I consider basic email and calendaring integration.
    BIS is up to 2.6, not 5.0. Thats BES.
    05-22-09 11:52 AM
    Please aquaint me with these terms.

BES = ?

BIS = ?
    05-22-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD