I'm on my 3rd Telus 9530 replacement now. One was returned for a random reboot issue, one was a dimming issue(that I now understand is due to an auto-dimming feature...?), and once was for a screen 'click' issue.

What I was complaining about is when I first got my phone, the screen was 'tight'. As I used it, the screen seemed to 'loosen'. At no time was touch sensitivity lost or diminished, but if I was walking with my phone in my hand, the screen would slide back and forth, ever so little and 'click' audibly.

Is this the same screen click issue that everyone else has and will the torx screw adjust/ business card trick address the problem? My telus rep insisted it was normal wear and tear (of course), but I'm very easy on my phone and refuse to accept that if it didn't 'click' previously, then it shouldn't do it within a month of ownership. Help?
    05-30-09 03:29 PM
    Hard 2 say what is normal w/o seeing 1st hand.

Some shift is inevitable/necessary. Since ur screen is responsive u don't have problem addressed by "fixes".
    05-30-09 03:53 PM
    The issue that everyone talks about is pretty much what you described. The screen becomes looser and doesn't click nearly as well. Some people say the corners and edges of their screens barely click if at all. Apparently the screws that hold the screen in place are too tight and if you loosen them slightly it will fix the clicking problem. Putting something behind the battery accomplishes the same thing. I'm not sure if any of these fixes help keep the screen from moving side to side though.
    Last edited by blueskyjunkie; 05-30-09 at 04:12 PM.
    05-30-09 04:04 PM
    If you had a screen click issue you would probably notice it. Usually along the top, bottom or in one or more of corners the screen is very hard to click, requiring a lot of pressure to get the click.

A good screen should require the same amount of pressure to click across the entire screen.
    05-30-09 04:06 PM
    Use the dime fix....this is where you open your battery cover. Place a dime on the center of you battery. Close the cover back up.
    Now try your screen. IT WILL CLICK LIKE THE DAY YOU BOUGHT IT.
    Let me know what you think....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 04:08 PM
    My screen also has some "play" fron side to side. I figured it was normal, audit hasn't adversely affected my clicking at all.

05-30-09 07:00 PM
    I have NO screen 'touch' issues. I can hover, highlight, select and 'click' just fine. The screen 'platform' just slides back and forth, ever do slightlY, within the phone 'housing' causing a clicking noise. Opinions?
    05-30-09 08:29 PM
    The issue that everyone talks about is pretty much what you described. The screen becomes looser and doesn't click nearly as well. Some people say the corners and edges of their screens barely click if at all. Apparently the screws that hold the screen in place are too tight and if you loosen them slightly it will fix the clicking problem. Putting something behind the battery accomplishes the same thing. I'm not sure if any of these fixes help keep the screen from moving side to side though.
    I thought the issue was the screen was to stiff and that it was hard to click so you had to push really hard to get it to respond. It felt like you were going to break the screen. At least thats the problem I had on one of my storms. The Business card or dime fix raises the screen up and makes it feel like it clicks better. I havent tried either one but thats because Im anal about my phone and thats why I didnt leave the store until they gave me one that worked like it should.
    05-30-09 09:22 PM
    So I don't have the click issue? What do I do about what i've got?
    05-30-09 11:10 PM
    IMO if device works/isn't obviously damaged u have a good storm. W/replacement there's likelihood of getting worse!

If it's not broken don't fix it. Or do!!
    05-30-09 11:28 PM
    IMO if device works/isn't obviously damaged u have a good storm. W/replacement there's likelihood of getting worse!

If it's not broken don't fix it. Or do!!
    I totally agree that if it is broken than why fix it but if you get a faulty device then you should get it replaced with one that actually works so you dont have to do the screen fix crap.
    05-31-09 02:14 AM
    I have NO screen 'touch' issues. I can hover, highlight, select and 'click' just fine. The screen 'platform' just slides back and forth, ever do slightlY, within the phone 'housing' causing a clicking noise. Opinions?
    It seems every storm is different.My friend at work bought one and his seems perfect,but mine has barely any click in the letter area: I O P,and around the spacebar.The business card doesn't work,but the dime works fantastic! The only problem with the dime trick is it's a bit too thick,and causes my battery door to pop off pretty easily.I'm going to find something slightly thinner than a dime,and then all will be right.
    05-31-09 02:15 AM
    It sounds pretty normal to me. You could go into the store and see if the demo ones are that way or if you know anyone with one you could ask if they have the same issue. I know mine moves back and forth a little bit but nothing major and all works fine.
    05-31-09 02:16 AM
    It seems every storm is different.My friend at work bought one and his seems perfect,but mine has barely any click in the letter area: I O P,and around the spacebar.The business card doesn't work,but the dime works fantastic! The only problem with the dime trick is it's a bit too thick,and causes my battery door to pop off pretty easily.I'm going to find something slightly thinner than a dime,and then all will be right.
    You should of had it replaced with one that actually worked like it should, like your friends. Have you tried the torx screw fix yet. I heard it works for some and not for others. Might be worth a shot.
    05-31-09 02:18 AM
    It sounds pretty normal to me. You could go into the store and see if the demo ones are that way or if you know anyone with one you could ask if they have the same issue. I know mine moves back and forth a little bit but nothing major and all works fine.
    The only other person I know who has one is the sales rep that took back the 'defective' one. She had just gotten hers the day before; and that made explaining my return a little bit easier. "My screen 'clicks' when it originally didn't and you can see how your brand new unit does not 'click', as well".

Since this new unit has now started to 'click' also, should I return it or assume it really is the result of normal wear-and-tear? Again, I am assuming that since I don't have touchscreen issues none of the 'shimming' or screw adjustments will help me...
    05-31-09 09:21 AM
    You don't have a problem. I'm pretty sure that everybody else's has the same "play" your talking about. If I jog with my storm, the screen rattles.

05-31-09 10:41 AM
    You don't have a problem. I'm pretty sure that everybody else's has the same "play" your talking about. If I jog with my storm, the screen rattles.

you actually jog with it? That would suck if it fell out of whatever you had it in.

And yes the play in the screen is normal, everyone that I know that has one there screen is the same way.
    05-31-09 11:06 AM
    if you have this issue what you do is you take a lil piece of folded paper and place it under the battery in the center. it makes the screen click better whether you have the issue or not. hop this helps
    05-31-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD