I am a newbie to this forum. I had bought into the leaked OS installs. But this is one mans observation of this practice. My opinion from a guy who always tries new things......

.75 works pretty darn good. The camera is slow and the rotation is delayed, but the phone is 100% stable. And isn't that what really matters with a business phone? Why did we really get this phone? Work, play, reliabilty? What really matters?

What is the point of installing a known flawed OS where numerous issues are documented? Why torture yourself, and waste your time? Why have to pull your battery at all? You shouldn't have to do it often at any rate, right?

Every OS I've installed other than .75 has had issues, if not right away, within a day or two. There obviously is a reason that Verizon has not released a new official version. Perhaps they know something already that we CHOOSE to struggle to find out? Verizon is a smart company, and we should wait until they feel a new OS version is worthy of release. If the 'better' version was out there already, we'd have it. It's got nothing to do with them not wanting you to return the phone. The phone is not that bad as is.... And it would be to Verizons advantage to make us all happy if they had that ability right now.

Look, I am not looking to get flamed, or put down those who like to tinker, but where am I going wrong with my logic? Do we all have that much time on our hands? I really doubt it.
    Last edited by Broadway Auto Clinic; 01-26-09 at 09:03 AM.
    01-26-09 08:55 AM
    some people like to live on the wild side. lol

but in all seriousness. for some reason, all these OS's affect different people differently because people use there phones differently. And a lot of people just want to have the newest thing out there.
    01-26-09 09:02 AM
    some people like to live on the wild side. lol

but in all seriousness. for some reason, all these OS's affect different people differently because people use there phones differently. And a lot of people just want to have the newest thing out there.

I hear ya.. For now though, until the bugs are shaken out , I just want it to be reliable and solid. I think I have that now.... with .75. Could it be better, sure, but right now, to me anyway, I don't want one thing fixed and other things broken in the process..
    01-26-09 09:08 AM
    I hear ya.. For now though, until the bugs are shaken out , I just want it to be reliable and solid. I think I have that now.... with .75. Could it be better, sure, but right now, to me anyway, I don't want one thing fixed and other things broken in the process..
    That's perfectly fine if that's what you prefer but you asked why we upgrade to a buggy OS. Frankly sometimes the benefits outweigh the costs. Sure .75 is stable but its slow compared to the latest versions. I'll take a daily restart to be able to do everything else more efficient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:05 AM
    I work at a Verizon Store. Its nice to be able to know what they are working on next and what improvements we can pass along to our customers. Plus if I can help other customers with issues I have already solved then its one more then keeping me ahead of others. =)
    01-26-09 10:18 AM
    I am a newbie to this forum. I had bought into the leaked OS installs. But this is one mans observation of this practice. My opinion from a guy who always tries new things......

.75 works pretty darn good. The camera is slow and the rotation is delayed, but the phone is 100% stable. And isn't that what really matters with a business phone? Why did we really get this phone? Work, play, reliabilty? What really matters?

What is the point of installing a known flawed OS where numerous issues are documented? Why torture yourself, and waste your time? Why have to pull your battery at all? You shouldn't have to do it often at any rate, right?

Every OS I've installed other than .75 has had issues, if not right away, within a day or two. There obviously is a reason that Verizon has not released a new official version. Perhaps they know something already that we CHOOSE to struggle to find out? Verizon is a smart company, and we should wait until they feel a new OS version is worthy of release. If the 'better' version was out there already, we'd have it. It's got nothing to do with them not wanting you to return the phone. The phone is not that bad as is.... And it would be to Verizons advantage to make us all happy if they had that ability right now.

Look, I am not looking to get flamed, or put down those who like to tinker, but where am I going wrong with my logic? Do we all have that much time on our hands? I really doubt it.
    I had serious video recorder issues with .75 BAD. I went to AC/DC in St. Petersburg in December. I tried recording some video...yeah, that didn't go over so well. I ended up rebooting the phone 7 times during the show because it would lock up while recording.
    01-26-09 10:19 AM
    Not everyone is experiencing flaws. I've got.90 and have had no problems.
    Verizon may not have official released an update, but I bought my lady a storm a couple of weeks ago it it was loaded with .83...
    Or maybe .85... It was 80something.
    It seems like verizon is testing the waters as well. Truth of the matter is... You can read all the flaws you want, but you'll always wonder.
    Plus you can always go back, so who cares?

01-26-09 10:31 AM
    I would consider every release a disaster, they are all slow, buggy an lacking features. I found .85 the sweet spot in terms of not quite as slow as .75 and .90 where I do not have to pull the battery 3X a day.
    01-26-09 10:36 AM
    where am I going wrong with my logic? Do we all have that much time on our hands? I really doubt it.
    Your logic goes wrong the minute you use the word "all" and become a self-proclaimed designated speaker for "all".

Speak for yourself, and only yourself, and you'll do much better in life. I won't speak for you, please don't assume you know enough about my likes and dislikes to speak for me.
    01-26-09 10:39 AM
    I have installed every leaked OS thus far and last night I finally had enough of .90, so I installed .75 back on the phone and wow! I love it!

01-26-09 10:41 AM
    When you can roll yourself back to .75 on a whim with about 20 minutes' worth of time, why not give every new leaked OS a shot?
    01-26-09 10:52 AM
    Honestly I don't think any of these OS's are as bad as reading the forum would suggest. If someone experiences a bug, because many posters feel they are the center of the universe, they will post how that particular OS is "THE WORST EVAH". Meanwhile many others are running fine and not raving about it.

01-26-09 11:02 AM
    Because a higher version number is usually less flawed than its predecessor versions of the OS, so you will usually see some improvement with each new version (except that v.86 was horrible for me).
    01-26-09 11:11 AM
    Well, not everyone has the collective problems talked about.
    Human nature is to harp on the negatives rather then talk about the positives. If you read the initial reports after .90 leaked, people were mostly happy. That's because .86 was still fresh in their minds, so they could easily compare and contrast the two OS's.
    It's easy to upgrade/downgrade, so why don't you upgrade, test it out, and then downgrade to the OS's that you liked best if the new one isn't good enough for your liking.
    01-26-09 12:25 PM
    Some people would like to use a newer, faster and flawed OS as opposed to a previous, slower, and flawed OS.
    01-26-09 12:41 PM
    Of all the OS I like .85 the best. It gives me great battery life and I don't have any other problem. 75 would only give me about 6-8 hrs of battery. Now .90 that is another story...it was the worst for me.
    01-26-09 12:51 PM
    Your logic goes wrong the minute you use the word "all" and become a self-proclaimed designated speaker for "all".

Speak for yourself, and only yourself, and you'll do much better in life. I won't speak for you, please don't assume you know enough about my likes and dislikes to speak for me.

My post was not an attack on anyone, and I specifically said it was my opinion.....

Self righteous much? Lighten up...
    01-26-09 05:41 PM
    The complaining is just a little annoying...
    Have you ever heard the advise of not buying a newly designed car? Same goes here.
    Newly designed cars/phones are cool if you love the brand and are willing to work through some bugs.
    But if you need and phone for business or a car for driving long distances constantly with no spare car... You buy the old model, tried and true.
    I fix BMW's for a living.
    Stop crying and get a curve/pearl.

01-26-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD