lol @ saying the pics were photoshopped. If that were true, why did RIM request crackberry to take the photos down?
    05-16-09 01:23 PM
    In regards to the Storm2 coming out soon or not. They better pack some features in it. I mean the design was only slightly revised, wi-fi added. Thats it. I wouldn't even call it the storm2. Storm 1.2 is more like it. They didn't call it the Iphone2. How about Storm:WiFi?
    Really, the only change is wifi? lol
    05-16-09 06:19 PM
    It's going to have the P OS of course...

Get it? POS?

Ya.. time for bed...
    LOL... Nice.

What are the changes to it?
    05-19-09 12:02 PM
    Alright, that does it! Simbosis and jostrat21 are my new best friends. jostrat21 knows what he is talking about and simbosis is an undercover cia operative working for both rim and verizon! Be careful simbosis I have intelligence reports that the kgb is working with Apple so make sure you are not followed!
    05-19-09 01:14 PM
    It will probably come out with .75 and you have to download a leak fro crackberry!!
    05-19-09 08:09 PM
    I heard it was going to run DOS 3.22

Prompt $p$g

LOL
    05-19-09 08:13 PM
    I heard it was going to run DOS 3.22

Prompt $p$g

LOL
    BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-19-09 08:20 PM
    Buy a Storm one month, and the G-D Storm 2 comes out in the next month!

That's the way she goes! Corey and Trevor and G-D RIM and Verizon. What used to be the best month is now the worst month!

LOL. Bubbles ROCKS... But believe it or not, Ricky is my favorite!

BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-19-09 08:25 PM
    I've heard the Storm2 has flick scrolling
    o god hear we go
    05-20-09 05:18 AM
    RIM is not acting like apple with OS updates, that is the fault of your service provider. Notice that verizon is at .75 while Bell is at .122 and vodaphone is at .141

So you can't say they are horribly slow.
    Yes I have a storm 9500 from Vodafone UK and they are using OS .141
    05-20-09 08:22 PM
    Lol, there is no way that the only improvement is going to be wifi...There have to be more hardware improvements (e.g. faster processor, etc.) than just that. They realized that the hardware on the original storm couldn't make it the phone that we all wished it was. Just my $.02
    05-20-09 10:22 PM
    storm 2 will be 4.7 for sure then later in aug/sept will be upgraded to 5.0
    05-20-09 10:34 PM
    lol @ saying the pics were photoshopped. If that were true, why did RIM request crackberry to take the photos down?

are they really ask crackberry to take the photos of storm 2 down ??
    05-20-09 10:36 PM
    what was seen cannot be unseen...
    05-21-09 10:08 AM
    I want to answer general PattOwn with a hypothetical situation if these pictures were photoshopped let's just at that maybe crackberry want to just enforce the fact that they may have an idea of what the storm 2 looks like just to enforce it they said that just to make their idea sound realistic remember we are on the internet any thing can happen and people can lie. I never stayed its true so don't flame me. Also I'm guessing the storm 2 will roll out as a 5.2 device or something with 4g capabilities I'm pretty sure there won't be wifi on the xx30 models since they are cdma and those models will run out of battery with especially 4g. What we can hope is that if Verizon were get their hands on the storm that they would make it cheap. For us storm owners I mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:27 PM
    Who cares. Live in the now.
    Ok Dahli Lama................
    05-21-09 01:04 PM
    With the ending of 4.7 and the progressive and succesfull testing being done with 5.0, S2 will most likely sport 5.0.x.xxx.

p.s. Flick Scrolling is a possibility to be implemented into the 5.0.x.xxx
    05-21-09 01:16 PM
    I don't know why Storm owners are getting so upset about Storm 2 coming out. They should be happy that RIM is making adjustments with the hardware.

Wifi and the non-clickable screen are big changes, but not something that makes me regret my 9530. When I bought it I knew it didn't have wifi and that the screen clicked.

The big problem here is the OS. Storm 2 is going to run pretty much the same OS as Storm 1. Considering the biggest gripe most people have had with the original Storm was the OS this is not good news.
    05-21-09 01:28 PM
    I don't know why Storm owners are getting so upset about Storm 2 coming out. They should be happy that RIM is making adjustments with the hardware.

Wifi and the non-clickable screen are big changes, but not something that makes me regret my 9530. When I bought it I knew it didn't have wifi and that the screen clicked.

The big problem here is the OS. Storm 2 is going to run pretty much the same OS as Storm 1. Considering the biggest gripe most people have had with the original Storm was the OS this is not good news.
    I agree with you on the OS however; Actually your statement is not accurate. The S2 will not be running the same OS as the S1.

With the ending of 4.7 and the progressive and succesfull testing being done with 5.0, S2 will most likely sport 5.0.x.xxx.

05-21-09 01:35 PM
    I agree with you on the OS however; Actually your statement is not accurate. The S2 will not be running the same OS as the S1.

Actually your not 100 percent right. The unit that you see Engadget using, is OS 4.7. IMO, with how well 5.0 is being developed, and how soon this device will be out, I could see this launching with 5.0.
    05-21-09 01:40 PM
    Actually your not 100 percent right. The unit that you see Engadget using, is OS 4.7. IMO, with how well 5.0 is being developed, and how soon this device will be out, I could see this launching with 5.0.
    Hello radioguinea!
    That was actually what I was saying; that it would likely release with 5.0. I added the x's due to the uncertainty of what platform it may hold. I wasn't actually refering to the Engadget model.

Have you had the chance to test 5.0 and weigh the full features and benefits of 5.0 yet? IMO it seems VERY stable.
    05-21-09 01:52 PM
    Hello radioguinea!
    That was actually what I was saying; that it would likely release with 5.0. I added the x's due to the uncertainty of what platform it may hold. I wasn't actually refering to the Engadget model.

Have you had the chance to test 5.0 and weigh the full features and benefits of 5.0 yet? IMO it seems VERY stable.
    Yes, it works very well, on all handsets so far.
    05-21-09 01:53 PM
    Yes, it works very well, on all handsets so far.
    Great to hear! I have tested with it some, however have not yet had a chance to see it's potential.
    05-21-09 02:00 PM
    Odin will ship with 4.7.0.65
    05-21-09 02:26 PM
    Odin will ship with 4.7.0.65
    It better not!

Actually it will likely have 5.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radioguinea
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device Model: 9000/9630/9530 Join Date: Feb 2008

Quote:
    The unit that you see Engadget using, is OS 4.7. IMO, with how well 5.0 is being developed, and how soon this device will be out, I could see this launching with 5.0.
    05-21-09 02:29 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD