So you're getting worked up over a device that was photo shopped? If so, I have some wonderful beachfront property to sell you in Ohio...

The second gen storm is not coming out anytime soon...why would it? 2nd gen devices generally take 2-3 years from the release of the prior version...there would be no logical marketing reason for RIM to release it any earlier...

And would would fathom that it would have a 5.x+ OS, considering the fact that 5.0 is coming for the current BB's somewhat soon.
    Interesting, who would have thought that a phone I saw last week was actually a figment of my imagination or photoshop. Trust me, I've seen the phone...It's not a photoshop.
    05-15-09 09:30 AM
    Hmmm. Funny, considering I have beachfront property in Ohio. Remember those things called the Great Lakes? Maybe if you said oceanfront...

LOL....i thought the same thing. I live in Michigan just North of Toledo and thought "this guy must have never been to Ohio...Lake freakin Erie!"lol
    05-15-09 09:44 AM
    I hope Storm TWO will come out quickly, then my Storm ONE will get a good OS update....XD
    05-15-09 09:48 AM
    Interesting, who would have thought that a phone I saw last week was actually a figment of my imagination or photoshop. Trust me, I've seen the phone...It's not a photoshop.
    Did you get to handle the phone? Does the screen still click?
    05-15-09 09:50 AM
    I say it'll drop with .75 on it.
    Aw man i hope so i jus love the shotty copy/paste and faulty accelerometer functionality of .75. I mean if verizon approved it it must be perfect right?(totally joking for the ppl without a sense of humor)
    05-15-09 10:03 AM
    RIM is not acting like apple with OS updates, that is the fault of your service provider. Notice that verizon is at .75 while Bell is at .122 and vodaphone is at .141

So you can't say they are horribly slow.
    True. And Vodaphone boards are busting with people screaming about the poor and buggy OS 141. There is a movement on their boards to cancel contracts. So really, VZW has done well to leave 75 as the OS since RIM is putting out garbage OS's
    05-15-09 10:05 AM
    The second gen storm is not coming out anytime soon...why would it? 2nd gen devices generally take 2-3 years from the release of the prior version...there would be no logical marketing reason for RIM to release it any earlier...

I guess I am going to attribute the SHEER IGNORANCE of this statement to my assumption that you must have just started dealing with technology yesterday............
    05-15-09 10:08 AM
    I heard a rumor that it will have a nuclear power cell so battery life will never be an issue! Can't wait for this to come out!
    05-15-09 10:45 AM
    I guess I am going to attribute the SHEER IGNORANCE of this statement to my assumption that you must have just started dealing with technology yesterday............
    As ignorant as the statement was, I could at least kind of see the point he was trying to make about marketing. Most people buy their phones with two-year contracts. When you are releasing an improved version of the same product before that two-year period is over, you are naturally sacrificing a portion of the type of people you are marketing to at release time. Theoretically the same type of person to buy the first version is going to buy the second one and the same type of person to pass on the first version is going to pass on the second one. So in consequence of releasing it early, you are automatically sacrificing a portion of the people who are your easiest sell, because they are still locked into a contract.

But that assumes the phone is coming to the same carrier, that people won't pay the 1-year upgrade price, that you won't get high amounts of new types of people, etc. Plus it disregards all of those who have been sitting on their 2-year upgrade price, just waiting for something better than what was already available. Regardless, I could kind of see what the guy was trying to say.

I don't get all of the hostility and negativity around here. Relax, people...it's just a phone. And after the storm 2 hits, there will be the next thing, and then the next thing, and so on and so forth. I'm personally happy with the storm. I couldn't imagine having the ability to do what I am able to do with it just a couple years ago. And as bad as a lot of you make it sound, I bet if you gave some of us your best arguments for what else is out there that is better, we could come back with stronger ones as to why it's not. A lot of you constantly compare the storm to the iphone like you have p*nis envy or something. Have you ever actually used one? The thing has one button. Imagine not having a menu button or not having a back button, or for that matter a call button. All you can do is exit to the homescreen, unless you want to push a tiny little back button up in the corner of the screen. And forget about having anything going on in the background while you're doing something else (yes, I know they will be getting that soon, but they have not had it for years). Why do you think its UI seems quicker at times? Because you can only do one thing at a time. If you want more snappiness, then do that. Or what about installing a third party browser? Or not having autotext? I mean, I could go on and on... I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore...the point is, just relax and be happy with what you have. It cannot be possible that I'm the only one with a storm that doesn't lock up all the time and randomly reboot constantly. I really haven't had any issues at all since .109. Could it be better? Absolutely. But I'm not going to spend every day of my life obsessing over a leaked OS...don't know how I got to this point...maybe too much caffeine
    05-15-09 11:12 AM
    LOL....i thought the same thing. I live in Michigan just North of Toledo and thought "this guy must have never been to Ohio...Lake freakin Erie!"lol
    he he... some people are just clueless. What part of MI? I'll be in Grayling during Memorial Day weekend.

RIM is not acting like apple with OS updates, that is the fault of your service provider. Notice that verizon is at .75 while Bell is at .122 and vodaphone is at .141

Thank you. People need to stop complaining about RIM when its obviously not them.

Really 2nd gen devices take 2-3 years???? What about the iphone and iphone 3g? That was a mere 12 months. And there is plenty of beachfron property in ohio, we have the great lakes as mentioned previously. I own a cottage that is right on the water......
    That was the first thing I thought of, but had to go back and check before I said anything and look like a dumbass

oh really? care to explain? comparing to other smart phone.
    What is there to explain? Read the statement again. Its the fastest selling RIM device that was made for only one carrier. There was no reference to any other smart phone or company mentioned, or even implied.

Most likely 5.XXX, which makes sense, I was reading somewhere in the Tour/Niagra forum that the Tours being tested by Verizon has both 4.7xx and 5.xx os on it.
    I read that too and didn't think twice about it because the Tour is going to be released within the next couple of months, whereas the Storm won't be until the end of this year or early next (from what I understand) and RIM will have officially released and be supporting 5.0. I asked the question figuring that 5.0 would be on it, but wanted clarification from someone who knows for sure... apparently still covered by their NDAs
    05-15-09 01:38 PM
    Not to mention his/her lack of basic geography knowledge.
    05-15-09 01:42 PM
    Shhhhhh......look.....I got the straight skinny on the storm II op sys.....I am deep deep undercover in the verizon store of your choice and this verizon rep who is sleeping with my girlfriend told a friend of hers that told my boss that told the janitor who I have coffee with that it is going to be released early in boxes of cocoa puffs and that this new op sys on it will blow yer freakn mind son! It had fast flick scroll and a 2 terrabyte card for crazy storage and it has 5,000 degree heat shield and is water proof to 20,000 leagues under the sea and has a built in laser defense system straight outta area 51 that these awesome little grey dudes thought we should have on our blackberry to prevent flame attacks and nukes and stuff and it has missile racks on top and if you mispell a word a cute voice asks "did you mean.........?" and fills it in when you say yes and it will do anything your home PC can and even play COD4 online and it does wicked burnouts all over yer best buds I-phone and loads more that will be a let down after all the people get their hopes up and start whining that it isn't the phone or as fast as they wanted or the right color or they don't know how to use it so they blame rim or ...fill in the blank....

So yea its going to be freakn awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:17 PM
    I heard a rumor that it will have a nuclear power cell so battery life will never be an issue! Can't wait for this to come out!
    Well duh....how else would you power the defense matrix? Is that you janitor Bob? Oh no! My covers blown!

05-15-09 02:34 PM
    Really 2nd gen devices take 2-3 years???? What about the iphone and iphone 3g? That was a mere 12 months. And there is plenty of beachfron property in ohio, we have the great lakes as mentioned previously. I own a cottage that is right on the water......
    The third Iphone is also said to launch in a few months...

05-15-09 02:39 PM
    I say it'll drop with .75 on it.
    HAHAHA! yea i heard about that. the new OS for the storm is gonna be 6.0 actually.
    05-15-09 03:35 PM
    So does the All-spark get inserted into the Storm2 via slot like the media card, or is it connected externally with a USB cable?

If only it would connect thru the WiFi...

05-15-09 06:21 PM
    it sounds like most of it is centered around wifi, with maybe a hardware update. we've seen the aesthetics/button changes already.

storm users, like most blackberry users, do not care about the wifi. it might be for static folks that sit at a coffee shop for HOURS, but otherwise we're 3G mobile monsters that prefer coverage and performance wherever we go.

storm 2 sounds like it will really try to take the iphone on directly, and I'm not really interested. my 9530 is quite tricked out on .141, and on a cold batt pull versus the iphone is much faster on anything that requires communication (read: not local app games and stuff, but raw internet capability)
    05-15-09 06:27 PM
    5.0.1.XXX That's it!
    05-15-09 06:28 PM
    Who cares. Live in the now.
    05-15-09 06:45 PM

ye man, lol youre right there

my bad, thanks for clearing it up
    05-15-09 08:09 PM
    Not sure what OS Storm 2 will have, but by the time it gets released the original Storm will probably still be stuck on .75 at the rate Verizon is going
    05-15-09 08:11 PM
    As ignorant as the statement was, I could at least kind of see the point he was trying to make about marketing. Most people buy their phones with two-year contracts. When you are releasing an improved version of the same product before that two-year period is over, you are naturally sacrificing a portion of the type of people you are marketing to at release time. Theoretically the same type of person to buy the first version is going to buy the second one and the same type of person to pass on the first version is going to pass on the second one. So in consequence of releasing it early, you are automatically sacrificing a portion of the people who are your easiest sell, because they are still locked into a contract.

But that assumes the phone is coming to the same carrier, that people won't pay the 1-year upgrade price, that you won't get high amounts of new types of people, etc. Plus it disregards all of those who have been sitting on their 2-year upgrade price, just waiting for something better than what was already available. Regardless, I could kind of see what the guy was trying to say.

I don't get all of the hostility and negativity around here. Relax, people...it's just a phone. And after the storm 2 hits, there will be the next thing, and then the next thing, and so on and so forth. I'm personally happy with the storm. I couldn't imagine having the ability to do what I am able to do with it just a couple years ago. And as bad as a lot of you make it sound, I bet if you gave some of us your best arguments for what else is out there that is better, we could come back with stronger ones as to why it's not. A lot of you constantly compare the storm to the iphone like you have p*nis envy or something. Have you ever actually used one? The thing has one button. Imagine not having a menu button or not having a back button, or for that matter a call button. All you can do is exit to the homescreen, unless you want to push a tiny little back button up in the corner of the screen. And forget about having anything going on in the background while you're doing something else (yes, I know they will be getting that soon, but they have not had it for years). Why do you think its UI seems quicker at times? Because you can only do one thing at a time. If you want more snappiness, then do that. Or what about installing a third party browser? Or not having autotext? I mean, I could go on and on... I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore...the point is, just relax and be happy with what you have. It cannot be possible that I'm the only one with a storm that doesn't lock up all the time and randomly reboot constantly. I really haven't had any issues at all since .109. Could it be better? Absolutely. But I'm not going to spend every day of my life obsessing over a leaked OS...don't know how I got to this point...maybe too much caffeine
    Not really, as we learned with the iPhone that is not the case. Were there some that were pissed and whiney about the fact that the second gen device was released so soon, yeah and there will be when the Storm 2 hits a carrier. But the fact is there will be some that are buying the first Storm tomorrow and in June and September. So where do you draw the line? I bought mine on Jan 2nd, do I get upset, maybe.

Fact is, if there is a portion that will get sacrificed by releasing within a year, there will be twice as many that will go out and buy it. It will be marketed with the "new and improved OS" and RIM and (carrier) will spend another 100 million or more marketing the new Storm, and it will sell. Oh Will it ever. Look again at the iPhone, sales of that device have just started to slip.

Fact of life - this is a very technical piece of equipment and as we know with technology, IT CHANGES RAPIDLY! If you bought this device and are pissed because a new one is being released within a year, you have lost a grip on reality. We all have.

When this thing hits, I am buying one, even if I have to pay full price.
    05-15-09 08:46 PM
    It's going to have the P OS of course...

Get it? POS?

Ya.. time for bed...
    05-16-09 01:33 AM
    has anyone seen the pic at boygenuis.com i am not impressed with the storm 2 it still has the same came as this storm if it had a 5 mega pixel i switch but otherwise i am gonna keep rock storm 1 (knock on wood i had no problems)
    05-16-09 09:55 AM
    In regards to the Storm2 coming out soon or not. They better pack some features in it. I mean the design was only slightly revised, wi-fi added. Thats it. I wouldn't even call it the storm2. Storm 1.2 is more like it. They didn't call it the Iphone2. How about Storm:WiFi?
    05-16-09 12:13 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD