What OS is the Storm2 going to be running? Can radio, CX, or someone else in the know give us a hint? I'm not looking for an exact build so much, as to wondering if they're even bothering with a 4.7 build, or if they're going straight to a 5.0 build?

Has anyone played with one and what do you think about the touch keys vs the manual keys on the first gen?

Is the screen still going to have the single button in the center for all clicking or will it incorporate a second (or third) with the expansion of the screen to include the keys at the bottom?

I know its early, but I'm not going to lie... those pics got me a little excited! Love my first gen, and can't wait for the Storm2!!!
    05-15-09 06:42 AM
    I'm purely speculating here, BUT you would think timeframe wise it would have 5.0. We have heard 5.0 is coming along nicely and that RIM has a target (or the carriers) of Aug or sept for release of 5.O and if the storm 2 comes out shortly there after say late 09 early 10 how could it not launch on 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:48 AM
    So you're getting worked up over a device that was photo shopped? If so, I have some wonderful beachfront property to sell you in Ohio...

The second gen storm is not coming out anytime soon...why would it? 2nd gen devices generally take 2-3 years from the release of the prior version...there would be no logical marketing reason for RIM to release it any earlier...

And would would fathom that it would have a 5.x+ OS, considering the fact that 5.0 is coming for the current BB's somewhat soon.
    05-15-09 06:49 AM
    I'm purely speculating here, BUT you would think timeframe wise it would have 5.0. We have heard 5.0 is coming along nicely and that RIM has a target (or the carriers) of Aug or sept for release of 5.O and if the storm 2 comes out shortly there after say late 09 early 10 how could it not launch on 5.0?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!
    05-15-09 06:53 AM
    Why...it would be that new OS that VZW is going to release any day now...
    05-15-09 06:53 AM
    So you're getting worked up over a device that was photo shopped? If so, I have some wonderful beachfront property to sell you in Ohio...

The second gen storm is not coming out anytime soon...why would it? 2nd gen devices generally take 2-3 years from the release of the prior version...there would be no logical marketing reason for RIM to release it any earlier...

And would would fathom that it would have a 5.x+ OS, considering the fact that 5.0 is coming for the current BB's somewhat soon.
    Hmmm. Funny, considering I have beachfront property in Ohio. Remember those things called the Great Lakes? Maybe if you said oceanfront...
    05-15-09 06:55 AM
    One that is not photoshop. Two the iphone 3g was released with of year first one. It is not unheard to get upgraded device so soon.

05-15-09 06:56 AM

photoshopped?
    those pics...are photoshopped?

well let me say thats some damn good photoshopping right there!
    and why would they not release it so soon? look at Apple. they released the iPhone 3G exactly 11 months after the first one to the discontent of many many iPhone users.

RIM is starting to act alot like Apple here..with the delays, slow OS updates, and now this new product appears. its pretty sad if you ask me.
    05-15-09 06:58 AM
    I've heard the Storm2 has flick scrolling
    05-15-09 07:00 AM
    regardless of what the OS is, it's going to eat your browser icon...muhaha
    05-15-09 07:03 AM
    I would say it will have the same crap OS that doesn't support its video hardware
    05-15-09 07:16 AM
    photoshopped?
    RIM is starting to act alot like Apple here..with the delays, slow OS updates, and now this new product appears. its pretty sad if you ask me.
    RIM is not acting like apple with OS updates, that is the fault of your service provider. Notice that verizon is at .75 while Bell is at .122 and vodaphone is at .141

So you can't say they are horribly slow.
    05-15-09 07:25 AM
    Why...it would be that new OS that VZW is going to release any day now...
    Any day? No, it's coming in two weeks...or was it end of the month?
    05-15-09 07:47 AM
    I say it'll drop with .75 on it.
    05-15-09 07:52 AM

Really 2nd gen devices take 2-3 years???? What about the iphone and iphone 3g? That was a mere 12 months. And there is plenty of beachfron property in ohio, we have the great lakes as mentioned previously. I own a cottage that is right on the water......
    05-15-09 07:53 AM
    photoshopped?
    those pics...are photoshopped?

and why would they not release it so soon? look at Apple. they released the iPhone 3G exactly 11 months after the first one to the discontent of many many iPhone users.

1. maybe because they will fail again like the first gen. storm. Yup first gen storm is a failure. If it wasnt for the leak keep coming out, i would had never bought the storm.

2. I appreciate ppl like you. your a guinea pig .

3. i could care less what kind of OS they come out with the new storm. I was just wanted to make sure the media quality is better & with Wifi.
    05-15-09 08:16 AM

This will launch a lot sooner then 2 or 3 years, trust me. And its no photoshop.
    05-15-09 08:23 AM
    1. maybe because they will fail again like the first gen. storm. Yup first gen storm is a failure. If it wasnt for the leak keep coming out, i would had never bought the storm.

2. I appreciate ppl like you. your a guinea pig .

3. i could care less what kind of OS they come out with the new storm. I was just wanted to make sure the media quality is better & with Wifi.
    fastest selling RIM device that was made for only one carrier. Def not a failure.
    05-15-09 08:24 AM
    I say it'll drop with .75 on it.
    If that happens somebody needs to be thumped in the face...

HARD!
    05-15-09 08:27 AM
    fastest selling RIM device that was made for only one carrier. Def not a failure.
    oh really? care to explain? comparing to other smart phone.
    05-15-09 08:34 AM
    Any day? No, it's coming in two weeks...or was it end of the month?
    I heard from my brother's, friend's, mother's, uncle's, sister's, hairdresser's, verizon rep's, step-sister that 5.0 comes out the day after Memorial day.

Then again, i heard she drinks Activa, so can we really trust her?
    05-15-09 08:43 AM
    Most likely 5.XXX, which makes sense, I was reading somewhere in the Tour/Niagra forum that the Tours being tested by Verizon has both 4.7xx and 5.xx os on it.
    05-15-09 08:45 AM
    I heard from my brother's, friend's, mother's, uncle's, sister's, hairdresser's, verizon rep's, step-sister that 5.0 comes out the day after Memorial day.

Then again, i heard she drinks Activa, so can we really trust her?
    There shouldn't be commas in there sir.

Isn't your brother's friend's mother's uncle's sister just your brother's friend's mother's aunt?

But interestingly enough, I heard the exact same thing from the same exact person. I think I know your brother.
    05-15-09 08:48 AM
    This will launch a lot sooner then 2 or 3 years, trust me. And its no photoshop.
    Radio, without delving into too much detail, would you expect this phone to be available worldwide or restricted to US/Canada (like the differences between the 9500 and 9530)

Thanks
    05-15-09 08:48 AM
    cant you tell us if it is a major hardware revision, or more of a refined storm1 with more solid mechanics?

Hahahah truuuth people seem to think CB is an accurate sampling group to extrapolate global sales and customer satisfaction hehehe this place is hillarious
    05-15-09 09:15 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD