I have a symbol I can't identify in the literature. Looks like a roll of film? With a number beside it. Two small circles with a line connecting them on the bottom.

It shows up all the time even while surfing.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:22 PM
    How about a screen shot?
    11-28-08 02:25 PM
    Voicemail Indicator
    11-28-08 02:26 PM
    sounds like you have a voice message try a battery pull and leave it out then put back in after a min or two should hopefully resolve the problem
    11-28-08 02:27 PM
    yup....means youve got a voicemail
    11-28-08 02:27 PM
    I have a symbol I can't identify in the literature. Looks like a roll of film? With a number beside it. Two small circles with a line connecting them on the bottom.

It shows up all the time even while surfing.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Voicemail indicator. Have you checked your voicemail?
    11-28-08 02:28 PM
    Btw Ryno, update your profile for us so we can see what device you're using It says you're not a smart phone user.
    11-28-08 02:31 PM
    I was suspicious that was what it was. My voicemail has been cleaned out since yesterday. I just double checked and I don't have any messages now. I have cycled the power. And I just did a battery pull, waited a few minutes and re-inserted it. Notification is still there. Any ideas?

profile has been updated.
    11-28-08 02:48 PM
    you got a phantom voice message... very common on all phones (i used to be a verizon tech in a store)

Heres is what you can do to get rid of it.
    *Call your cell phone and leave yourself a voicemail but mark it urgent.
    *Then when you get the indicator saying you have an urgent voicemail(usually either it blinks or an exclamation point next to it... i havent gotten a urgent voicemail yet so im not sure how it will come up) check your voicemail and delete the messege you left yourself but when your done dont just hang up...press the * key to disconnect then hang up...

it should go away after that...if not instantly then do a batt pull and it will be gone.

Hope That helped
    11-28-08 03:27 PM
    Hal has taken over your phone.
    11-28-08 03:59 PM
    I have this same problem. It just started today. Any help?
    12-21-08 03:40 AM
    This also happens if you phone yourself. Remedy: don't do it; call someone else instead.
    12-21-08 06:01 AM
    It took me awhile to figure it out at first....but yes, voice mail. Is the symbol supposed to be reel to reel tape??
    12-21-08 06:59 AM
    I had the same problem only way to get rid of that voice mail icon is to do a hard reset.
    12-21-08 11:13 AM
    its vvm. call verizon and have them dump vvm and then put it back on. have them leave you a message on vm to test it out.
    12-21-08 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD