I want the Storm to use on AT&T......Which of the following is my best option?

1. Buy the phone outright from Verizon. They said they have to activate it though which means they unlock all features except GSM compatability?

2. Buy the phone outright from Best Buy which I can just pay and go. If I do this will all the features work once I get it unlocked to work with AT&T.

***For these 2 options I would either use Horizon or Verizon Global to get the GSM unlock

3. Buy one already unlocked on ebay.

Any help would be great. By means of the easiest and cheapest way.

***I want all the features to work, and I dont know if some will or wont with some of these different methods.

Thanks guys!
    01-09-09 08:03 PM
    I wonder if you might be better off with an unlocked 9520.
    01-09-09 08:07 PM
    You'd have to buy it unlocked if you want to use a sim in it, any carrier or BB would still have it locked unless you got an unlock code. But I think that would mean EDGE only...with no wifi...which sounds kind of crummy.
    01-09-09 08:10 PM
    You'd have to buy it unlocked if you want to use a sim in it, any carrier or BB would still have it locked unless you got an unlock code. But I think that would mean EDGE only...with no wifi...which sounds kind of crummy.
    I was told the wifi would work if Verizon unlocks it? Is that true?
    01-09-09 08:12 PM
    get a Bold.
    01-09-09 08:14 PM
    I don't think the storm has wifi built in. It relies solely on verizons 3g network. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    01-09-09 08:16 PM
    The Verizon phone doesn't have a wifi chip.
    01-09-09 08:21 PM
    The 9530 does not support wifi. I also do not think Verizon Global will provide you with the unlock code of you are not a Verizon customer.
    01-09-09 09:59 PM
    If you really want to do this I would do some searching and get the best no contract price around (Best Buy, Walmart, whatever). VZW's full retail is $499 I believe, you may be able to do better.

Then go to one of the various unlocing services online (Horizon Wireless, Cel Phone Free or whatever it's called) and get it unlocked.

I would avoid eBay unless they are going to give you the same warranty as VZW/Rim.

I second waiting for the 9520 though . . . EDGE sucks
    01-10-09 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD