Huh? I said it before, and I'll say it again. Whats you definition of "soon"?

I never said soon and if you've been following my posts i dont want an official release. so when you say there wont be one soon i am happy because it is better than you saying there will be one soon. In my case it doesn't matter what my definition of soon is
    03-05-09 02:11 PM
    I never said soon and if you've been following my posts i dont want an official release. so when you say there wont be one soon i am happy because it is better than you saying there will be one soon. In my case it doesn't matter what my definition of soon is
    But does it matter what your definition of "is" is?
    03-05-09 02:14 PM
    I know that it won't come tommorow or even next week but before April would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 02:14 PM
    But does it matter what your definition of "is" is?
    Ok slick Willy

03-05-09 02:16 PM
    Ok slick Willy

I'm glad somebody got that.

Really this is kind of a "watched pot never boils" scenario. Speculation will more often than not lead to disappointment and just waiting for it will make it seem like it is taking forever. Just try not to think about it and it'll come before you know it.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 03-05-09 at 02:30 PM.
    03-05-09 02:19 PM
    Really wasn't speculating when I started this thread. The os is just looking really good to me right now.

03-05-09 02:26 PM
    Well on that point i agree. .109 is working great, except for some dodgy MMS issues. I don't really notice the color depth issue (though i see it if i look), but I agree it needs to be fixed before the next official release. I'm just happy that the music player doesn't cause reboots anymore. Oh and when i said speculation i just meant all the wonderful things we're hearing about the higher number betas that have yet to be leaked.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 03-05-09 at 02:31 PM.
    03-05-09 02:28 PM
    I'm glad somebody got that.

Really this is kind of a "watched pot never boils" scenario. Speculation will more often than not lead to disappointment and just waiting for it will make is seem like it is taking forever. Just try not to think about it and it'll come before you know it.
    My sentiments exactly.
    03-05-09 02:29 PM
    Come on Valace, it's not about what else do they need. They could Officially release .112 or .118 tomorrow and that wouldn't be good enough. You and others would want one of the higher builds. You must also remember that whats the latest at RIM doesn't mean it has made it's way to Partners or any of the carriers. You all just happen to be lucky enough to have people who are able to tell you what the latest is.
    03-05-09 02:31 PM
    Come on Valace, it's not about what else do they need. They could Officially release .112 or .118 tomorrow and that wouldn't be good enough. You and others would want one of the higher builds. You must also remember that whats the latest at RIM doesn't mean it has made it's way to Partners or any of the carriers. You all just happen to be lucky enough to have people who are able to tell you what the latest is.
    We are rather spoiled, aren't we? I just feel pity for all those mired in the slowness of .75. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
    03-05-09 02:32 PM
    I think it's great that we are privy to what the latest build and I am greatful for it, but it's a double-edged sword. We know about it but can't have it. Like an itch you can't scratch
    03-05-09 02:40 PM

No more baby pic crucial ? Has it been that long that the baby is all grown up. LOL as a father believe me , the kid will grow up so quickly so cherish this time
    Can't argue with you there. Just my hope that these higher build you tell us about might be able to pass the test for vzw

No more baby pic crucial ? Has it been that long that the baby is all grown up. LOL as a father believe me , the kid will grow up so quickly so cherish this time
    WOW....I totally missed that! 2 boys and man do they ever grow fast! I for one am very appreciative to the gouge we get here. We'll get to scratch that itch soon I hope.
    03-05-09 02:45 PM
    i was wondering when they were goin gt o move this thread ?
    03-05-09 02:57 PM
    I think they are smoke testing the CR** out of it. They don't want to release another OS with bugs and we tear them apart limb by limb. They learned their lesson. Unless they like pain?
    03-05-09 03:21 PM
    I just want another OS for a few reasons
    1) i just like to play with my storm and see new things
    2) it makes CB alot more intersteing with all the new threads a leak causes

wether it is a good / bad leak
    03-05-09 03:36 PM
    i personally thank .109 is to leaky. in 20 mins my memory drop from twenty one to zero and for every one who says memory leaks are blown out of whack look at this screen shot.
    03-05-09 03:44 PM
    I think they are smoke testing the CR** out of it. They don't want to release another OS with bugs and we tear them apart limb by limb. They learned their lesson. Unless they like pain?
    i believe this why were not seeing the leaks like the other guys were just to rough to handle. with every leak there tends to be a boat load of redundant threads or post.
    03-05-09 03:48 PM
    I see your point but Valance said that if we don't get an official we might never see .14X. Judging by our current track record OS's after an official release do not necessarily get better the "higher the number" they are. .85 was terrible compared to .75. After an official release is let out (it seems as if) they try and tweak it to make it faster, not more stable until they have achieved the speed goal.
    Where did I say "never"? I said that we probably wouldn't see it until April or May.
    Last edited by Valace2; 03-05-09 at 04:18 PM.
    03-05-09 04:13 PM
    Actually have been thinking about your post the last little while, and I think that you are wrong, at least about me. I will still install leaks as they come, but I really really like .109.

I know that I have said that before, but I have been running .109 since the day it came out, and have had nothing but good experiences with it. I have only had 1 lockup, lag is almost gone, all of my applications run smoothly. I think I am almost to the point where I can give up the manic leak search.

That is why I was asking about the official. I haven't had much to say, because of all of you. When you tell us that it is a complicated process that requires extensive testing I believe you 100%. That just makes me think that it will be the OS I have been waiting for since I first heard about the Storm.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative or demanding with this thread, am just curious. I apologize if it came off that way. That was not my intention.
    Last edited by Valace2; 03-05-09 at 04:55 PM.
    03-05-09 04:42 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD