I totally agree. If it shows up I will install it. I just am hoping to see a .14x OS before May. Remember the highest jump we have seen with leaks was .90 to .99, but most have been alot smaller, like the jump from .99 to .103.

Without an official we very well might not see that .14x OS I am craving
    What do you know about the .14X OS that is making you crave it that much (besides it being a higher number than .109)?
    03-05-09 12:08 PM
    What do you know about the .14X OS that is making you crave it that much (besides it being a higher number than .109)?
    I think its more about what tidbits we have heard that the OS's are getting so much better , so im sure we all ASSUME ( i know i hate that word ) , that as the numbers get higher the os's are much better . I do not have any direct knowledge , but i have heard other members such as radio and CX ,basically just say "wait and see , it gets much better " , so thats why im sure he refrenced he wants .14X
    03-05-09 12:12 PM
    I think its more about what tidbits we have heard that the OS's are getting so much better , so im sure we all ASSUME ( i know i hate that word ) , that as the numbers get higher the os's are much better . I do not have any direct knowledge , but i have heard other members such as radio and CX ,basically just say "wait and see , it gets much better " , so thats why im sure he refrenced he wants .14X
    I see your point but Valance said that if we don't get an official we might never see .14X. Judging by our current track record OS's after an official release do not necessarily get better the "higher the number" they are. .85 was terrible compared to .75. After an official release is let out (it seems as if) they try and tweak it to make it faster, not more stable until they have achieved the speed goal.
    03-05-09 12:19 PM
    I see your point but Valance said that if we don't get an official we might never see .14X. Judging by our current track record OS's after an official release do not necessarily get better the "higher the number" they are. .85 was terrible compared to .75. After an official release is let out (it seems as if) they try and tweak it to make it faster, not more stable until they have achieved the speed goal.

.85 was terrible but was faster. i think they seem to be progressing alot more , so i am hoping the major bugs are gone for good. like i have always said , i threw all the OS downloads on a disk at home , so i will continue to upgrade every chance i get , and if i dont like it i will just downgrade
    but i know i have heard people that are " in the know " have said that .14X and even .13X are so much better . and that we should all be happier LOL
    03-05-09 12:23 PM
    From the comments Radio posted a while back Im thinking that 14x or higher is the GC there looking for. He seemed pretty excited about it but then again...its only text.
    03-05-09 12:29 PM
    .85 was terrible but was faster. i think they seem to be progressing alot more , so i am hoping the major bugs are gone for good. like i have always said , i threw all the OS downloads on a disk at home , so i will continue to upgrade every chance i get , and if i dont like it i will just downgrade
    but i know i have heard people that are " in the know " have said that .14X and even .13X are so much better . and that we should all be happier LOL
    True .85 was terrible but faster which is why I DO NOT want an official release because then the will focus more on speed than stability. Stability is way more important to me. Thankfully with .109 I can have my cake and eat it too (if thats the right expression). SO KEEP THOSE BETAS COMING.
    03-05-09 12:30 PM
    True .85 was terrible but faster which is why I DO NOT want an official release because then the will focus more on speed than stability. Stability is way more important to me. Thankfully with .109 I can have my cake and eat it too (if thats the right expression). SO KEEP THOSE BETAS COMING.
    Stability will always come before anything else during QA testing for a provider. Always...
    03-05-09 01:23 PM
    my friend works at verizon he said his higher ups told them at a meeting the new os should launch in the next couple weeks
    03-05-09 01:25 PM
    Stability will always come before anything else during QA testing for a provider. Always...
    It definitely wasn't in the first few betas after the official release of .75.
    03-05-09 01:32 PM
    .109 is not the be all end all...

There's still work to be done - RIM will release something when they're ready this time, not like the first time when Verizon told them to.
    03-05-09 01:33 PM
    It definitely wasn't in the first few betas after the official release of .75.
    Annnnnnnd thats why they never became official
    03-05-09 01:35 PM
    .109 is not the be all end all...

There's still work to be done - RIM will release something when they're ready this time, not like the first time when Verizon told them to.
    RIM doesn't release anything. The provider does.
    03-05-09 01:35 PM
    RIM doesn't release anything. The provider does.
    RIM will RELEASE the OS to the PROVIDER when they're done with it. Unlike the first time when Verizon basically said "give it to us now."
    03-05-09 01:39 PM
    Annnnnnnd thats why they never became official
    Annnnnnnnd thats why I dont want another official because the vicious cycle of speed over stability will start all over again
    03-05-09 01:39 PM
    RIM will RELEASE the OS to the PROVIDER when they're done with it. Unlike the first time when Verizon basically said "give it to us now."
    VZW gets builds on an almost daily basis. They dont give them a build when they think its "perfect". VZW does the QA on it.
    03-05-09 01:42 PM
    Annnnnnnnd thats why I dont want another official because the vicious cycle of speed over stability will start all over again
    you wont have one anytime soon. so dont worry.
    03-05-09 01:43 PM
    you wont have one anytime soon. so dont worry.
    YESSS SUCCESSS!!!! LOL
    03-05-09 01:44 PM
    YESSS SUCCESSS!!!! LOL
    Huh? I said it before, and I'll say it again. Whats you definition of "soon"?

03-05-09 01:50 PM
    my friend works at verizon he said his higher ups told them at a meeting the new os should launch in the next couple weeks
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I can't wait for 4.8! Sounds like a slogan...
    03-05-09 01:58 PM
    Huh? I said it before, and I'll say it again. Whats you definition of "soon"?

Really varies by person. For some it is before the sun rises again, for others it is before their next birthday, for others it is before they get too much grey hair or menopause hits. For others it is .......................
    03-05-09 02:02 PM
    Radio are you saying that you don't think that they won't be pushing an official release any time soon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 02:03 PM
    Radio are you saying that you don't think that they won't be pushing an official release any time soon?

He will say that depends on your definition of the word "soon"
    03-05-09 02:04 PM
    Grrrr. Ok how about April

03-05-09 02:07 PM
    Ilike I said I haven't and don't usually participate in the whole official release discussion

03-05-09 02:08 PM
    S - Storm
    O - OS
    O - Oviuosly
    N - Needed

Thats my soon
    03-05-09 02:10 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD