Okay, so i'm new to the smart phone industry and have my first Storm. What is MMS and how do I use it?
    06-12-09 08:46 AM
    mms = multimedia messaging service
    allows u to send pictures/videos/ringtones to people

i.e open camera > take a picture > click on send (on button bar) > click on send mms > enter a contact > bbmenu > send
    06-12-09 08:52 AM
    Check out HELP/? folder > messages > mms. BTW don't use sms/mms unless u & recipient have sms/mms plan w/carrier. Costs too much if u don't!
    06-12-09 08:59 AM
    Thanks guys.
    06-12-09 01:43 PM
    Iphone users aren't real familiar with it.

D'oh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 01:44 PM
    Iphone users aren't real familiar with it.

D'oh!

hahaha oh dang that is pretty funny
    06-12-09 01:59 PM
    I've noticed since updating to the leaked .148 that I no longer have the ability to send MMS messages...

It used to show up on my menu as "SMS & MMS" but now it just says SMS.

When I open a picture, I only have the option to email it or send it to facebook.

When creating a message, I can create an email, SMS, and any other kind, but no longer do I see MMS in that list.

It doesn't really bother me, as I never used it, BUT it bothers me enough that if I did decide to use it, it is no longer there....

I've thought about going back to the .122 that I started out with, but...
    06-12-09 03:59 PM
    fyi.........verizon released the oficial .148. i would hard reset my phone and download the verizon version. also, make sure you re-send your service books. your mms service book may be missing or corrupted. good luck.
    06-12-09 07:48 PM
    I've noticed since updating to the leaked .148 that I no longer have the ability to send MMS messages...

It used to show up on my menu as "SMS & MMS" but now it just says SMS.

When I open a picture, I only have the option to email it or send it to facebook.

When creating a message, I can create an email, SMS, and any other kind, but no longer do I see MMS in that list.

It doesn't really bother me, as I never used it, BUT it bothers me enough that if I did decide to use it, it is no longer there....

I've thought about going back to the .122 that I started out with, but...
    It's not a problem with .148, all MMS send options are availible in .148.
    06-12-09 07:50 PM
    fyi.........verizon released the oficial .148. i would hard reset my phone and download the verizon version. also, make sure you re-send your service books. your mms service book may be missing or corrupted. good luck.
    Yeah, unfortunately, since I'm living in Canada, and my carrier is MTS, I don't have access to the "official" .148 release.

I have tried a phone hard reset though, with no luck.

And I just tried to roll back to .122 (the OS my phone came with) but it says that I'll have to install older versions of some of the apps I have.

That is just too much crap to do in order to get back an option that I haven't really used.

I'll just wait for another OS release, and hope that fixes it!

Thanks for the suggestions though, it is greatly appreciated!
    06-13-09 12:01 AM
    Picture or media message

Okay, so i'm new to the smart phone industry and have my first Storm. What is MMS and how do I use it?
    06-13-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD