• Mine only resets with a battery pull

13 72.22%
  • Mine resets by running SoftReset/QuickPull

3 16.67%
  • Mine resets by upgrading OS's

1 5.56%
  • Other (please eloborate)

1 5.56%
    I have seen Civic post something different from my own experience and it got me curious as to how other people's Storms are handling the issue of Uptime Reset.

For instance: For me, my uptime ONLY resets if the battery is pulled...SoftReset/QuickPull do NOT reset my uptime, nor does going from one OS to the other (when I went from .99 to .103 my uptime did not reset). I have not tried wiping my phone to see if that will cause a uptime reset or not so as it stands the only way I have noticed that mine resets is with a battery pull.

Civic's phone resets the uptime from doing Softreset/Quickpull and going from one OS to the next.

I'm wondering if this is just quirkyness of the storm acting different on people or is it possible something is wrong with her storm (is there a backup battery that isnt working etc etc?)

**Putting this under beta os because I figure that most people who pay attention to their uptime are the ones installing betas and are more BB savvy??? Feel free to move if this is in a stupid spot

edit: Mispelled elaborate on the poll somehow lol

***If you are unsure of what makes your uptime reset you can easily dl QuickPull for free and check your uptime, run it, and check it again..please make sure you are positive before voting, trying to keep this as accurate as possible. I can understand if you dont want to check the whole OS upgrade process but keep it in mind for the next time you install a new OS
    Last edited by Hawse771; 02-21-09 at 10:48 PM.
    02-21-09 10:44 PM
    Batt pull for more than 30 second resets uptime.

I can pull the battery and put it back in quick and it will NOT reset uptime.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kundigt; 02-21-09 at 11:11 PM.
    02-21-09 11:06 PM
    How do you check your uptime.

02-21-09 11:08 PM
    How do you check your uptime.

Hold the back button (little arrow) and tap the top left corner of screen, top right corner, top left corner, and top right corner. Its like doing a little code lol..it will bring up a screen that will show your uptime in seconds among other things.
    02-21-09 11:16 PM
    Battery pull or a wipe does it for me.

02-21-09 11:24 PM
    Mine resets when i do any of these...

up-time = time since last battery pull / (power down, power up...(as in upgrade/downgrade)).

so i voted other because all three choices in the poll works for me...
    So when you simply turn your phone off using the power feature on the phone your uptime resets?!?!? Or am I misunderstanding you?

And you're 100% positive that running quickpull will reset your uptime as in you checked before and after?

This has got to be one of the wierdest variations of storm owners I have seen...it should be a constant software thing with all storms. Or like i asked is there a backup battery in the storm that is supposed to keep the uptime going when the phone is reset unless if the battery is actually pulled?
    02-21-09 11:25 PM
    Hold the back button (little arrow) and tap the top left corner of screen, top right corner, top left corner, and top right corner. Its like doing a little code lol..it will bring up a screen that will show your uptime in seconds among other things.
    Thanks I wanted to know how to check as well.
    02-21-09 11:26 PM
    Thanks I wanted to know how to check as well.
    No problem, please check your uptime and try using SoftReset/QuickPull to see if it resets your uptime back to 0 or not (they can be DL OTA from the 3rd party app section if you don't already have it.
    02-21-09 11:44 PM
    no not using the power hard key, just the battery pull

and quick pull does not reset the time...i posted incorrectly...all but quickpull reset it.
    02-21-09 11:52 PM
    no not using the power hard key, just the battery pull

and quick pull does not reset the time...i posted incorrectly...all but quickpull reset it.

oh ok so batt pull & os upgrade = reset uptime for you, that makes sense. Wish more people would join in and vote/post about this, its been bugging me lol
    02-21-09 11:58 PM
    been bugging me lol
    out of curiosity, why?
    02-22-09 12:00 AM
    out of curiosity, why?
    Because I dont see how something like this can vary from one storm to the next...makes me wonder WTF is so dif from storm to storm. It also makes me curious to what the Uptime actually looks for etc and if there is some kind of back up battery in the device that I'm unaware of that could be faulty in others.

Also I'm just bored since I could care less about some hybrid OS and the forum seems kinda dead
    02-22-09 12:04 AM
    there is definately a backup battery...whether it's tied to up-time who knows.

i think it may vary depending on the OS, because i remember it reseting when i used quick pull a month or so ago.

now there are 50 different versions, official, leaked, hybrids...

who knows

you would have to break it down more to figure it out...you really must be bored if your trying to figure out up-time. LOL
    02-22-09 12:24 AM
    there is definately a backup battery...whether it's tied to up-time who knows.

i think it may vary depending on the OS, because i remember it reseting when i used quick pull a month or so ago.

now there are 50 different versions, official, leaked, hybrids...

who knows

you would have to break it down more to figure it out...you really must be bored if your trying to figure out up-time. LOL

The backup battery is my biggest concern...cause if its faulty it could cause peoples uptimes to reset when they shouldnt.

Now..I never thought about OS version...would be nice if someone with .75 could respond and someone with the hybrid...I'm runing plain jane .103

Not sure what OS Civic is/was running when she said hers reset via quickpull etc.
    02-22-09 12:37 AM
    QuickLaunch will also give you Device Info which will show uptime but no way to reset with Quickpull
    02-22-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD