I know people are reporting different memory levels with different builds, so what should the memory be at for peak performance? I'm now running .109 and I am at 30.2mb.

I know I have been in the 40's with different builds, but what are we looking for?
    03-02-09 07:38 PM
    After months of rigorous testing, I can confidently say that memory should be at precisely 41.23953mb for optimal performance. Your mileage may vary.
    03-02-09 07:41 PM
    I know people are reporting different memory levels with different builds, so what should the memory be at for peak performance? I'm now running .109 and I am at 30.2mb.

I know I have been in the 40's with different builds, but what are we looking for?
    The number by itself is unimportant. Memory is there to be used. You should be more concened about performance lag than app memory number, though there is some relationship. If your performance is fine then ignore the app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by stevealb; 03-02-09 at 07:50 PM.
    03-02-09 07:46 PM
    The number by itself is unimportant. Memory is there to be used. You should be more concened about performance lag than app memory number, though there is some relationship. If your performance is fine then ignore the app memory.

First, I'm running .109. It's funny you say this as yesterday my BB was moving fast and smooth (and I knew I had a lot of apps open), and when I checked available memory, it was 1.8MB! Not that I needed to, but I did a battery pull and it jumped back up to what seems to be the max I get at 32MB. I have never had the 40+MB of memory I see people here getting (because I have loaded the thing down with apps and icons, etc.).
    03-02-09 08:00 PM

I agree, some people run fine with as little as 10-15mb whereas others experience it 25+. It's up to your experimentation.
    03-02-09 08:00 PM
    There is no direct correlation to free app mem and performance.
    03-02-09 08:03 PM
    running 109 here and haven't done a pull in a couple days and seeing this thread i decided to check my memory, it showed 4.9 free and still runs fine like i had 20-30 free. did bat pull and its at 34 now, but at 4.9 it ran as if 34 was free lol
    03-02-09 08:26 PM
    mine actually runs better when it's lower MB...my lowest memory i think reached like 10 something...my highest reached like 40.2
    03-02-09 08:30 PM
    Mine runs just normal under any MB, but sometimes the Clock shows up more often when lower, but doesn't really bug me like a lot of others.
    03-02-09 08:35 PM
    I run at around 20 ISH after a full few days. But I also use garmin.
    03-02-09 08:43 PM
    Lowest I got was 1.8. Like less than two. I've had my phone crash at above 38. So idk. Btw the only apps running all the time are yim and aim. Should or could they cause memory leak issues?

03-03-09 02:38 AM
    running 109 here and haven't done a pull in a couple days and seeing this thread i decided to check my memory, it showed 4.9 free and still runs fine like i had 20-30 free. did bat pull and its at 34 now, but at 4.9 it ran as if 34 was free lol
    I've noticed on .109 that it's about 32 when I start it, and at the end of the day under 4. And yet--working fine.
    03-03-09 06:50 AM
    If anyone is wanting to increase file free memory this is a great link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-03-09 06:56 AM
    Mine already reached zero, and then nothing would work. Impossible even to use QuickPull. But before that, even with as low as 1MB, performance was OK on .109. (Previous builds showed more deterioration.)
    03-03-09 07:19 AM
    it should be greater than 0.

getting REALLY low, less than 2-3mb can sometimes cause your call log or messages to disappear as the phone clears them to save memory.

i look at mine every few days and as long as it's not under 5mb, i leave it where it is.

closing apps when you're done with them is the biggest help.
    03-03-09 10:05 AM
    I'm happy if it's over 20, after a pull I get 37, I have seen others getting more, but I use lots of 3rd party apps.
    03-03-09 10:28 AM
    I'd noticed no difference running down to about 8 mb. Usually by then I've installed or deleted something that forced a restart (don't really need to battpull when you **** around a lot with programs). When all is said and done I hover between 18 - 35 mb.
    03-03-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD