Hi,

I Just took a photo on my Storm and something wierd happened.

The screen turned off with a long red LED light.

I continued to press the on key where a white screen appeared with the loading icon in the middle.... as the minutes went on a blue progress bar crawled accross the bottom of the screen. When that had reached the end the phone loaded up as usual, loading all apps and checked security.

It now takes photos fine. This was not the first photo iv taken on here and the original photo where the probled stemmed from was not there when i loaded back up.

This phone is like 4 days old and if its problem il be getting a replacement.

Any one know what just happened??? Thanks
    01-24-09 09:46 AM
    I think your just encountered whats called a random reset
    01-24-09 09:48 AM
    Yup random reboot.
    01-24-09 09:53 AM
    It happens to all of us, fortunately not very often. We're all hoping the next official software update will fix it.
    01-24-09 09:55 AM
    It happens to all of us, fortunately not very often. We're all hoping the next official software update will fix it.
    I have never once had a "random" reboot. If i ever had one, it was in my holster and i didn't know about it. lol i think i'd be a bit pissed off myself if my device did that to me :-P
    01-24-09 09:57 AM
    k so nothing to worry about then, kool kool. cheers guys
    01-24-09 10:42 AM
    You guys should tell him the truth...

*shakes head*

I'm so sorry...
    01-24-09 12:10 PM
    Have you changed the OS? I got those reboots while using the camera in all the .8 series OS's....83, .85,. and .86. It would happen after I had taken several photos consecutively. I never had that happen with .65, .75, or .90 (yet). In any case, it's a bug in your OS. Honestly, I would say if that's the only problem you have and it doesn't happen constantly then it's not worth returning the phone. It's annoying, but not a major malfunction.
    01-24-09 02:20 PM
    You guys should tell him the truth...

*shakes head*

I'm so sorry...
    Maybe it was "user error"

Good luck with your Storm man. Random reboots do happen.
    01-24-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD