What is jailbreaking and can this happen to a BB device? I've heard talk about it, but never considered looking into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 04:48 PM
    jailbreaking was a term used for apple iphone devices where they would hack the software to allow 3rd party apps onto the phone
    the bb already allows 3rd party apps
    no need to jailbreak
    10-30-08 04:56 PM
    Even though the iPhone now allows third-party apps, people will still jailbreak their iPhones if they're dissatisfied with the app selection officially available through the Apple App Store and want to install third-party applications that were never submitted to Apple or that were submitted and rejected.

As for jailbreaking a Blackberry, I'm not knowledgeable about software hacking at all, but I would hope that since Blackberries were originally created to be relatively secure business devices, they would be more difficult to jailbreak than an iPhone.
    10-30-08 05:03 PM
    I'm seriously going to throw some of you out the door.

I don't understand... does the Storm all of a sudden usher in a new breed of BB user or something?

I've leave it up to you smart people to decide what type of breed I'm talking about.
    10-30-08 09:06 PM

I don't understand... does the Storm all of a sudden usher in a new breed of BB user or something?

I've leave it up to you smart people to decide what type of breed I'm talking about.
    LMAO! it makes me want to scream!
    10-30-08 09:09 PM

Im a newbie, but i just roam threads instead of asking technical questions lol and yes the storm brought me here cause of my searches for pricing and release dates
    10-30-08 09:10 PM
    lol i think so.
    i was snickering as i clicked on the thread title from the main page
    10-30-08 10:12 PM
    Jailbreaking is when you break out of jail.
    10-30-08 11:16 PM
    Jailbreaking is when you break out of jail.
    lol, yep thats rite
    10-31-08 01:36 AM

I'll*

So much for genius
    10-31-08 09:14 AM
    I'll*

So much for genius
    lol, that's all you can find wrong? I was going to say "I've left it up to you...", but changed left to leave and forgot to go back. I don't proofread most of my posts.

Is that a good enough excuse, or does it look too transparent?
    10-31-08 09:35 AM

Dont slit your wrists just yet. I promise as soon as we get the release date, price, and the OS update we will disapear. Leaving you in crackberry heaven.
    10-31-08 11:30 AM
    Dont slit your wrists just yet. I promise as soon as we get the release date, price, and the OS update we will disapear. Leaving you in crackberry heaven.
    Lol probably with the occasional visit for new software and maybe to annoy some people
    10-31-08 11:41 AM
    Well, I admit, I'm newer, and was looking for information at first, but I'm happy to say I doubt I'm going anywhere even post-launch. I need these posts to make me laugh (presumably like an ***** to those around me) at work and continue my slacking-off here and there. I hope I'm not one of "Those People"...
    10-31-08 11:54 AM
    Spew...I didn't know i d i o t was a word that got censored...hehe!
    10-31-08 11:55 AM
    It's too late, damn you! I'm posting from the hospital with my wrists wrapped up and pumped up on crazy pills. Now the doc is telling me I'll have to see a shrink for 16 weeks and it's all thanks to you!

Oh heck... wait... ahh... gimme... noooooooooo!....

(We're sorry JRSCCivic98 has had his posting device taken away and has been put in a straitjacket.)
    10-31-08 03:25 PM
    i knew someone was gonna ask this, just cause it has a touch screen....
    10-31-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD