Hello BB Friends -

Ive had my Storm 9530 for about 3 weeks now. Was very wary of switching out a different OS that wasnt official but after finding this site and hearing alot about how much beter .113, I decided to make the jump.

I've had .113 for about 36 hours now and this what I've noticed vs .75 (which came with the phone)

1. The 1st thing I noticed was the lack of type lag when sending SMS or MMS. Much "snappier" now navigating around.

2. This "color banding" everyone keeps mentioning..i now too notice it with .113. The keyboard buttons seem to be less clear. The actual letters on the buttons seem to be almost grainy compared with .75. Its not with images, but with color tones with the menu icons, back grounds etc...

3. When I first installed .113, the battery lasted almost 24 hours before it died. Since the 1st day..the battery is now back to what it was on .75...about 12 hours or so...im sad. Hoping the phone will sort itself out and battery life will return.

4. The reception seems to be worse then with .75. I notice the signal bar seems to fluctuate much more then it did and overall I seem to have less bars then I did on .75

5. I've noticed .113 gave me more "mobile network" options (options > mobile network) Im not sure what they all do and have kept it on 1xev

6. The cut n paste feature is nice and works alot better when making typo mistakes vs .75.

7. App memory still seems to be leaking but noticeably slower then on .75. I still need to do a quickpull every day or so to boost it back up into the high 30s

I consider myself an average user and this is my first blackberry phone.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bleezy; 04-05-09 at 02:26 PM.
    04-05-09 02:13 PM
    Signal strength was a million times better for me with .113 than with .75. Fewer dropped calls, and stronger signal in the same areas. The battery life for me is much better with 113 as well. I recommend a batt pull and a reset to see if that helps the battery life.
    04-05-09 02:21 PM
    Signal strength was a million times better for me with .113 than with .75. Fewer dropped calls, and stronger signal in the same areas. The battery life for me is much better with 113 as well. I recommend a batt pull and a reset to see if that helps the battery life.
    Since uploading .113 I've done 2 battery pulls..but what is a reset? Doesnt the phone auto reset when you do a batt. pull?

Also, the 1st day after .113, the battery life was awesome...now on day 2..it seems to be draining really fast.
    04-05-09 02:24 PM
    Try leaving the battery out for a minute or two, and then putting it back into the phone.
    04-05-09 02:44 PM
    Since uploading .113 I've done 2 battery pulls..but what is a reset? Doesnt the phone auto reset when you do a batt. pull?

Also, the 1st day after .113, the battery life was awesome...now on day 2..it seems to be draining really fast.
    And make sure there aren't any extra apps running in the background other than Browser, Phone, Messages, BB Messenger, and Home Screen. Apps like WeatherBug can suck the life out of the battery when running in the background. Use the BB Menu key to exit or end all programs when done with them.
    04-05-09 02:47 PM
    I received a replacement phone and went from .75 to .113... I'm noticing a major lag in the accelerometer, so much that I get the icon in the middle of the screen.

Another thing I notice is that when it's on the desktop charger, it'll connect to the computer, then after 5 minutes it'll connect again as if I just put it on the charger.

I didn't have these problems with my last phone and I went from .99 to .113. Anyone else notice anything similar, or is it just me?
    04-05-09 09:57 PM
    Think I'll wait for the offical release before I update.
    04-05-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD