I'm currently sitting at the airport in Las Vegas charging my Storm as I've just experienced my first trip w/ my phone. I'm originally from San Diego and VZW has also held stable reception/coverage-wise. While sitting here at the VZW re-charging station.. I had a moment to reflect on my experience phone-wise...

The first night experienced bad coverage at a buddies house a bit a ways off of the strip. He told me he has two lines and his VZW line rarely had a strong connection so it wasn't much use the first night at his place. At the strip and hotel.. Since I had the rest of the weekend at Caesar's Palace.. Was great as I encounterd no probs. While at my buddy's residence.. Had to do a BP since it seemed the constant tug-of-war in attempting to establish a connection seemed to drain the phone and delayed messages received.

Hanging out with my other buddy w/ the 3G.. He had a couple interesting comments as I played my tunes fully.. He had some disappointment his songs didn't play as loud. Additionally, sitting in the hotel room... Apparently his safari access was blocked while I had full accessibility. Pretty interesting... for what it's worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 03:44 PM
    worth about 0
    05-26-09 04:03 PM
    The more info we have the better.

wonder how many other users would have yelled that the storm was getting terrible reception rather than seeing it as a coverage issue
    05-26-09 04:20 PM
    why would his safari access be blocked unless maybe he was using his wifi rather than 3g?
    05-26-09 04:22 PM
    ^^^^

exactly....3G fail?
    05-26-09 05:39 PM
    why would his safari access be blocked unless maybe he was using his wifi rather than 3g?
    ^^^^

exactly....3G fail?
    wasnt there a class action lawsuit ACTUALLY filed against att/apple for this or something?
    05-26-09 07:15 PM
    worth about 0
    nice signature. not sure what your point is in doing that (sarcasm), but it's true. glad you think enough about me to signature my statements.

anyway...

no fails anywhere i've been with me Stormie either.
    05-26-09 09:29 PM
    From what I understand, coverage on the strip is rather crowded...for obvious reasons.

Glad to know things worked out for you. Now, just as a little extra tidbit, you might consider making sure your Network Technology setting is at EVDO, rather than Global. Your CDMA/EVDO signal will be even better if the phone isn't sitting there putting out energy looking for a signal that isn't there.
    05-26-09 10:21 PM
    worth about 0
    Apparently worth enough time to garner some sort of response from yer non-existent life. Keep holding yer head high as the 'internet bad-***' trying so desperately to lead a crew of Storm rebels, schmuck..

05-27-09 01:06 AM
    Don't know the ins-and-outs of the iphone specifics but it was surprising to hear at the least

05-27-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD