One thing we all have to admit, is that the iphone has some very nice applications. Yes, some of them we already have (but they look so much better!). With an App Store coming, a higher res screen and hopefully a processor equal to or better than the iphone, what iphone applications would you like to see/have on your storm (I don't care how strongly we all feel about our BB's, we have ALL seen some or most of the applications the iphone has).

I personally love Texas Hold 'em and the one on the iphone is excellent. I have played it a few times on my friends iphone and it is one of the BEST applications, that I have ever used on a phone. I would love to see the developers make the same game for the Storm. There are definitely a few others as well.

Last edited by jaymojones; 10-03-08 at 03:34 PM.
    10-03-08 03:14 PM
    I honestly wish I could contribute but I have NEVER seen any apps for the iphone, ;(
    10-03-08 03:15 PM
    AIM in a similar fashion to how it is on the iPhone... Swipe between chats, etc. Very cool.
    10-03-08 03:29 PM
    A broadband speed test meter to see what kind of speeds we are getting on Rev A and HSDPA

Also, an auto performance meter, like Dynolicious that uses the iPhone's accelerometer to determine 0-60, 1/4 mile time, lateral Gs, horsepower, etc
    10-03-08 03:30 PM
    My favorite iPhone software

X-Plane - incredible flight simulator
    MLB at Bat - app created by MLB to follow your favorite teams
    Things - task management software that uses a GTD system
    Trailguru - app that uses the iPhones onboard GPS to track my morning jog distances
    Stanza - full featured ebook reader
    Frotz - interactive fiction
    Spore Origins - game by EA
    xpense Tracker - tracks my daily expenses
    10-03-08 03:57 PM
    auto performance meter, like Dynolicious that uses the accelerometer to determine 0-60, 1/4 mile time, lateral Gs, horsepower.. does the BB even have a accelerometer?
    10-05-08 08:44 AM
    auto performance meter, like Dynolicious that uses the accelerometer to determine 0-60, 1/4 mile time, lateral Gs, horsepower.. does the BB even have a accelerometer?
    yes it does... it has to in order to tell whether or not you're holding it portrait or landscape.
    10-05-08 09:15 AM
    Pandora would be nice.
    10-05-08 10:07 AM
    Pandora would be nice.
    I may be wrong and Verizon might take it cripple it but isn't RIM getting a partnership with Slacker?...
    10-05-08 10:14 AM
    Trillian!!! I'm tired of this proxy based multi-chat crap from IM+ and others.
    10-05-08 10:31 AM
    Trillian!!! I'm tired of this proxy based multi-chat crap from IM+ and others.
    I'd prefer to see Pidgin instead of Trillian, and just more open source software in general for BB. The Storm will be my first BlackBerry and I've already made a list of things I want for it . I might even pitch in on a few SourceForge projects to make ports for BB, time permitting. I was playing around with some of the dev tools and they are fairly nice.
    10-05-08 11:35 AM
    I want Bejeweled! That game rocks!
    10-05-08 12:59 PM
    Shazam... 10Xs better than musicID

Twitterrific... Awesome app.

BeeJiveIM... I once thought the BeeJive on the blackberry was awesome until they released the iPhone version. Omg, it's ridiculous. I posted some screens in this thread.

MySpace/Facebook App... Once again, done like no other platform.

Most of the apps being better IMO are contributed by the larger screen.

10-05-08 01:09 PM
    I would just like gps to work on my curve. A co-worker has an iphone and he can mark where he parks his car on one of the applications,pretty cool, never get lost or forget where you park you car.
    10-05-08 01:32 PM
    MMS for sure and ichat would be cool too!
    10-05-08 02:11 PM
    Sorry for a newbie question here, but will Verizon allow third party IM apps that use data as opposed to their Mobile IM that charges you text message per IM?
    10-05-08 03:21 PM
    I thought this app store was a RIM app store and is in no way controlled by Verizon?
    10-05-08 03:34 PM
    That's the one thing is that verizon is EXTREMELY controlling of their products. I remember the most simple tasks you could perform on a Razr like sending and receiving files via bluetooth were restricted including adding your own mp3s and what not. That's one of the main reasons why I left verizon they're just too controlling.

As I've never owned an iPhone there aren't many apps that I'm aware of but the one I do know that has been discussed a lot here is the automotive performance tracking software, there's a few of them, one that uses the internal accelerometer to track speed and the other called Rev which hooks into to the vehicles diagnostics to track everything from engine temperature to rpms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 04:10 PM
    Aero Weather.

I work as a flight medic. One of my buddies has this on his iPhone. It is an AWESOME app. I haven't been able to find anything close to it that would work on a non-iPhone. I need this app dammit....
    10-09-08 01:19 PM
    It is not a regular app. but I would and need something like Mobile Me.
    10-09-08 02:06 PM
    Omnifocus - its a to-do time management app for Mac computers..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 10-09-08 at 06:35 PM.
    10-09-08 02:10 PM
    I'd be happy if RIM just begins to support the Mac platform better - supposedly, "They're working on it".

If I could do everything out of the box that PC'rs have been accustomed to, that'd put a smile on my face fer shure.
    10-09-08 02:27 PM
    I thought this app store was a RIM app store and is in no way controlled by Verizon?
    not quite. it will be up to individual carriers to put apps up on it, etc.

so... yeah.
    10-09-08 02:32 PM
    super monkey ball...

or a port of nes marble madness would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler.

other than that i don't get into apps that much. i'm happy with my viigo, media player, and browser.

i LIKE the iPhone browser but i really don't see it necessary for mobile browsing. It does make it easier to navigate some sites but most the sites(i.e. social networking, you tube, yada yada) i'm not interested in looking at while "mobile" i'll check them when i get home. anywho i think the storm will be just fine and since i have to wait till september to get one i'm sure many of the bugs will have been worked out of it and maybe even a new generation! mmm LTE ready? i'd certainly be happy with the wait for that!
    10-09-08 05:45 PM
    Trism
    Evernote
    Tap-Tap revenge
    10-09-08 05:50 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD