OS 6.0 isn't what we are all hoping it will be. Yes it appears to add more touch sensitive gestures, yes it will add pinch to zoom along with what appears to be a much improved browser, yes it looks to be adding more options as far as customizing our pages.

but...

what if it isn't good.

All of those things should point to great things coming from OS 6, but with a slower(compared to the new industry standard the daamn snapdragon) processor and the limitations java brings, who knows how smoothly this thing will run.

The one thing aside from Safari that I am jealous of on the Iphone for is how smooth the damn thing is. Transitions on the thing are flawless. Even the Android devices don't feel as smooth as the Iphone does. They are fast but they always feel forced to me.

As a communications device nothing beats a blackberry. People can say what they want about exchange but it just isn't there. Blackberries offer every single form of mobile communication and they do it better than everyone else.

Themes have added some of the things 6 appears to be bringing but they always sacrificed performance for added features. Themes bog the Berry down. What if 6 does the same.

An how will it run on the devices we all believe that it will, that have only 256MB of onboard memory? That is what I want to know.

If I could just see it running on a 9700 or a 9550 (preferably a 9550) I would be happy.

Ya gotta know this sucker isn't leaking anytime soon.

ah well just some ponderings.
    05-15-10 12:13 PM
    If it isn't "good" in your opinion, than get another brand of phone.
    05-15-10 12:59 PM
    If it isn't "good" in your opinion, than get another brand of phone.
    Was thinking big picture here.

I have been thinking hard about the EVO 4g. Can't argue with the screen size.

Love my 9550 though and hoping that 6 will be all that an a bag of chips.

Its easy to say "just get something else".
    05-15-10 01:13 PM
    god these forums are dull anymore.

05-15-10 01:25 PM
    I have a hunch that 6 will be smooth. I think a lot of energy and promotion is going on right now within RIM and for them to come out with a botched product will hurt them way too much. If this was another 5.0 leak, I would be skeptical as to performance, but with this, I have a good feeling its gonna shine.

now.... even though I still have a feeling it'll be very very good.... I dont think it'll be revolutionary. More like playing catch up with the other competitors with the BB platform.... which is pretty good in itself since I still believe blackberries are already the best communications devices. If OS is on parr to iphone and droid, then its a home run for RIM
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-15-10 at 01:44 PM.
    05-15-10 01:40 PM
    I think that, since the OS will be browser intensive, it will depend on how well the new WebKit browser handles things.

As far as themes running slowly with the BB6 features, it's because the 5.0 OS isn't built to run those types of things. Hopefully, since the goal for BB6 was to do these things, we should see better performance in the OS. It may not be iPhone/Android quality performance, but it should be much better than the themes out there now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 03:32 PM
    The Androids require fast processors because the UI is loaded with graphical gimmicks, and the OS is not built around the hardware like the iphone, palm pre, or blackberries are. Not to mention the sense UI is essentially a theme that's heavy on graphics, and you know how "bogging down" that can be.
    The point is, OS6 should run fine because the OS and the hardware it runs on are fully integrated. It's not just simply throwing a theme overtop of OS5. It's rebuilt from the core.
    With that said, it wouldn't be surprising if OS6 had some glitches and issues at first, especially a leaked version.

05-15-10 03:49 PM
    Remember when we're still on OS 4.x and waiting for OS 5? Well, I guess its about the same.

05-15-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD