Can you guys recommend any headphones that seem to work well with the Storm? My apple earbuds are almost dead, and I need new headphones and want to use my Storm rather then my Nano as my main MP3/Movie player.
    12-07-08 10:16 AM
    It depends on how much you want to spend. You can get a decent pair for under $50, or go into the thousands for a custom in-ear unit.

For circumaural, I recommend the old Sony V6. It sounds great, and the impedance is low enough for the Storm to drive it without an external amp. Other good brands are Grado and Sennheiser.

For in-ear, I like ultimate ears and etymotic.

For active noise cancellation, go with Audio Technica ATH7
    12-07-08 10:25 AM
    I havent even tried out my headphones yet on my Storm, but I have a decent set of Bose On Ear triport noise cancellation headphones...they sound amazing with my ipod
    12-07-08 10:28 AM
    I think the 50-70 range is the max I want to spend.

I'd prefer earbuds, but if I spend that much, I want a case with them too.

I was thinking of the Sony EXR Series (75, 85, 90), or Vibe, but they're hard to find
    12-07-08 10:29 AM
    Oh, and don't fall for Bose's marketing. IMHO, their products are overpriced and under-performing. Their only decent performing product lines are the wave (overpriced) and the quietcomfort (overpriced).

My friends and I, when comparing Bose in blind tests, have always gone with non-Bose. Now you should obviously decide for yourself with your own ears.
    12-07-08 10:33 AM
    Creative EP-640.
    12-07-08 10:36 AM
    I think the 50-70 range is the max I want to spend.

I'd prefer earbuds, but if I spend that much, I want a case with them too.

I was thinking of the Sony EXR Series (75, 85, 90), or Vibe, but they're hard to find
    I had a pair of EX 71s die on me recently. They were a great set that I used for the gym. Very bass heavy though; not exactly neutral.

If you liked the Sonys, you will probably like the Etymotic (6 series). They're at the upper range of your desired price.
    12-07-08 10:37 AM
    I can't post links, but go to amazon.com and search for shure e2c - Then order.
    12-07-08 10:37 AM
    I personally use Creative EP-830s; you can get them for about $50 and for the price, IMHO, they are well worth it. I use them with all my portables.

I used to own some EP-640s; those cost half the price and are also very good headphones, though they are a tad fragile.

As for BOSE, I would have to echo buxleyp's sentiments, at least for most of their products. Though I still enjoy the sound of my Old 901 Series IVs, that was a different era for the company.
    12-07-08 10:38 AM
    heres my combo : Shure SE310 + Music phone adapter

Shure - Music Phone Adapter

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/e...ctID.105432500

I LOVE them
    12-07-08 10:46 AM
    i use bluetooth headphones mostly.. motorola s9's... i Hate being tethered.. But when I want serious sound I use Panasonic RP-HC-55's . They were tested by PC mag as being the same noise canceling efficiency as BOSE over the ear and these are "in ear"... Plus I only paid 60 bucks for these... They are great!
    12-07-08 10:51 AM
    I had some V-Moda Vibes for 2 years. They finally shorted out on me, and I upgraded to the V-Moda Vibe Duo. I love em. You get a mic on them to answer calls, they sound fantastic, and I got them for 65 bucks brand new on ebay!

In-ear kinds sound better and are the only kind that fits in my ear. I love them. I have some S9's, but for some reason the sound is very low with a lot of interferance. (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong)

Just my .02
    12-07-08 11:01 AM
    I had some V-Moda Vibes for 2 years. They finally shorted out on me, and I upgraded to the V-Moda Vibe Duo. I love em. You get a mic on them to answer calls, they sound fantastic, and I got them for 65 bucks brand new on ebay!

In-ear kinds sound better and are the only kind that fits in my ear. I love them. I have some S9's, but for some reason the sound is very low with a lot of interferance. (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong)

Just my .02

V-modas sound great. But the quality is bad. I've had 5 pair in 6 months....... I sold my latest pai on ebay. Sorobe else can deal with these. Imetals are great. The have a similar warranty as vmoda and sound almost ad good and cost $70. Also the call/answer button works to stop music and restart it. Apple also came out with some ear buds with a call answer button too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 11:31 AM
    I have been using Shure brand for years and love them. They also allow for a semi-custom fitting experience.

-Graz
    12-07-08 11:34 AM
    I love the my Bluetooth wireless headphones! No wire's is the best.
    12-07-08 11:34 AM
    I love shure products, I am currently using shure E5C now those cost me over 500.00 when I got them but there great and I add my home made pocket amp and they sound great. But I know your looking for the low end ones, Vibes are great there 100.00 but can find them used or sometimes brand new through private party for 50.00 check out some of the skull candy headphones too I heard there low cost but sound pretty good.
    12-07-08 11:36 AM
    couple suggestions. if you want cheap in ears that sound fantastic...best buy has the marshmellow ones in different colors for under $20.

if you want traditional over the hear portables...sennheiser makes some great cans for $30 to $40.

also, despite what other have said, the bose triports are good as well and offer the comfort that the senns don't. they are expensive, but that is what i mainly use with my ipod and storm, even though i have some much more expensive sennheiser 595's.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 12-07-08 at 11:43 AM.
    12-07-08 11:36 AM
    Another thumbs up for Shure. I've got a set of e420s and the clarity is phenominal. Not cheap tho at �180 ($260)

12-07-08 12:36 PM
    I love my bose comfort 3 earphones and I use the discovery 925 on my curve and both sound great.

12-07-08 12:44 PM
    I use my Bose Triports as well as a pair of bluetooth headsets.. I also really like the ones that came with my curve when I am expecting a call and dont want to use dedicated "music" earphones..
    12-07-08 12:57 PM
    I go for the Bose around ear phones and Moto S9's when I want to be untethered. Both work wonders!

12-07-08 04:52 PM
    I use these from ultimare ears
    12-07-08 04:59 PM
    I just bought Vmoda Vibe Duo. They have an incredible sound. Very warm full sound. Not tinny like stock earphones. Got them on eBay for $65. If you use live.com to search for them and buy them on ebay through paypal you'll get 30% cash back. Mine will cost around $45 after the cash back.
    12-07-08 05:00 PM
    Has anybody tried the Zbuds from Zagg? They are listed for the ifone but should work the same for the Storm. They have a microphone and an inline volume and can be had for about $60 after discount.
    12-07-08 05:09 PM
    sennheiser cx 300 sounds great like 10 on ebay make sure u dont get fakes though
    12-07-08 05:26 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD