I just upgraded to 5.0.0.328, and honestly its great my phone is running so much faster and there are a lot of great improvements, but I can't figure out what has happened to the get link option when you click on a URL. I don't seem to be able to highlight and then click get link, or to just click to go to a URL. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks fellow crackberry lovers
    10-28-09 02:30 AM
    Had this problem on .216, work around is to go into menu and select "plain text".
    10-28-09 03:17 AM
    I never changed anything, and I see "open link" when I highlight a link and press the BB button from a text message or UberTwitter.
    10-28-09 04:56 AM
    I just upgraded to 5.0.0.328, and honestly its great my phone is running so much faster and there are a lot of great improvements, but I can't figure out what has happened to the get link option when you click on a URL. I don't seem to be able to highlight and then click get link, or to just click to go to a URL. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks fellow crackberry lovers
    It's a known issue ... the "get plain text" fix only works for some, and the option is only available if the email was not plain text to begin with for most folks.

For now it is definitely an annoyance ... didn't realize how much it was used until it was gone.

Although it would be my number one requested fix, it is certainly far from a deal killer ...
    10-28-09 05:26 AM
    Yeah .328 is great my phone has never run better, but this is a very disappointing change. I hope they fix it soon...
    10-29-09 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD