yeah the guy is a iphone fan youy can hear it in his post the storm works fine lets not forget all the bugs the Iphone had when it was released on day one. Rim has aleays made solid phones there will bw a os update shortly i will put money on that and all you iphone geeks if your phone needs a upgrad3e you have to get a new gen every time how many versions of the iphone are out right now and you cant even access your battery. I have a storm and a ipod touch that lets me use all the cool apps and internet if i choose without the B.S.
    11-24-08 03:32 PM
    The question is do you own the phone? Looking at your avatar description would imply that you don't, since it states that you're waiting for a Storm. If that's the case, then what do you know about the Storm? Following you're logic - nothing. If you know nothing about the phone, how can you defend it? You can't.

You should consider following your own advice.
    I own one. I got it on launch day.

First Impression = Awesome

Second Impression = This sucks

Third Impression = @#I$&^#q!!

Forth Impression = Hmm, not too bad

Fifth Impression (and current) = This thing is Awesome

Keep in mind that was all over a few day period. The learning curve is a pain, but well worth it. Since you don't have a Storm, and you haven't been through said learning curve...then your thoughts mean nothing.

Good Day to you sir, this is my final response to you and your kind (those who blast the phone with little or no time spent using it)
    11-24-08 03:41 PM
    yeah the guy is a iphone fan youy can hear it in his post the storm works fine lets not forget all the bugs the Iphone had when it was released on day one. Rim has aleays made solid phones there will bw a os update shortly i will put money on that and all you iphone geeks if your phone needs a upgrad3e you have to get a new gen every time how many versions of the iphone are out right now and you cant even access your battery. I have a storm and a ipod touch that lets me use all the cool apps and internet if i choose without the B.S.
    I'm not an iPhone fan. In fact I pick on my friends that own iPhones as often as I can. Playing with my girlfriends work blackberry is what made me want my Treo (which is now a POS by the way).

Maybe the majority of posts are negative because the happy Storm users are too busy enjoying theirs to post here, I don't know. I understand you are all hoping for a software update that makes the Storm run smooth, and I hope you get it, because the Storm, on paper, is fantastic.
    If RIM/Verizon can guarantee me a fully functional Storm before I get my hands on the Saga or Touch Pro, then I might very well still buy one.

However, that thing about stuffing napkins and credit cards in the battery compartment to provide even pressure throughout the screen is nothing short of extremely lame.
    No software update from this world or any other will fix that.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 11-24-08 at 03:54 PM.
    11-24-08 03:47 PM
    Keep in mind that was all over a few day period. The learning curve is a pain, but well worth it. Since you don't have a Storm, and you haven't been through said learning curve...then your thoughts mean nothing.

Good Day to you sir, this is my final response to you and your kind (those who blast the phone with little or no time spent using it)

Ahh, but this is where you are mistaken, because from my original post I've been reiterating the findings of those that have the phone, as well as my own observations from playing with the phone at Verizon's kiosk. I don't think you need to spend any time with a phone that requires a napkin to make it function as advertised to form an opinion about it. I couldn't make it up that people are using napkins to fix the phone. H-e-l-l, if you put paper behind the battery plate instead, maybe the phone could print you out a fax.
    11-24-08 03:50 PM
    Just going to put in my 2 cents with my Storm experience

I am not an Apple fanboy, a Blackberry fanboy, or any sort of fanboy at all (I guess except for the latest technology, and my desire to have an all-in-one device). I have just gotten back from Best Buy after having returned my Storm (who by the way were very grateful as they finally now have a display unit for people to play with).

I have no doubt that all of the lag, slow-response, and other problems I encountered can and will be fixed with a software update, but after reading almost the entire user manual and playing with the phone off and on over the weekend and all day yesterday, I simply was not satisfied with the current state of the phone what-so-ever.

My biggest peave? It takes 3 full seconds for the phone to switch between portrait and landscape mode. Now the only other device I can compare this to would be the iPhone or the iPod touch, and if anyone has used those devices they know that for those to do the switch it is almost instantaneous. Regardless of the comparison, 3 seconds to switch between modes is just too long for me. Also the accelerometer seemed quite touchy, so it would often accidentally switch between modes when I didn't want it to and thus it would take 3 seconds for me to switch back so I could continue doing what I was doing.

Typing on the device was satisfying for the most part, but anything involving the need for me to press an area located on any of the 4 corners of the device I usually had to backtrack my thought process and repress that area very hard in order to get it to respond. Not a super big issue, but if I'm pressing that hard for 2 years straight I really don't see the phone holding up that well, too many moving parts.

The screen and video quality were AMAZING. The videos were super crisp and the interface looked wonderful, but the phone was just so slow that for me to do anything took forever (not because I didn't know what I was doing, but because it just took too long for it to switch between things).

I would really like to get the Bold but that's not available for Verizon, and I am not switching to another carrier. So for now I'm just back to my Moto Q9M which I am not happy with, but I am at least not locked into any contract for the time being. I'm going to keep following the Storm and might actually purchase it again, but I am definitely going to wait for an update to the device before I give it another shot. It took 1 1/2 hours for Best Buy to switch me back to my old phone as Verizon was not very easy to deal with for them, so my only advice to people is to wait until the stores have a display model you can play with and give the phone some time in your hands before you just spring for it. I like Blackberries and I want a Blackberry, but there's no Bold on Verizon, I don't want to be locked into a Curve for 2 years (maybe I'll go on Craigslist), and the Storm is just not yet up to par, so I will just keep waiting.
    Last edited by jensbodal; 11-24-08 at 03:58 PM.
    11-24-08 03:51 PM
    I'm new to all of this, but I have to put in my 2 cents. My storm is running great!! I don't have any of the issues I've seen posted here. I've been a Blackberry user for a long time, and this phone is awesome. And for all the iPhone users...I know some people that got that phone when it first came out, and they had issues too...with software upgrades soon to follow.
    11-24-08 03:52 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD