i was under the impression that they had already created an update for the firmware but it had to be rolled back just before launch due to security issues found at the last minute!

thus if this were true it would explain why there are so many firmware bugs! and if you dont know why this would explain it then you are quite frankly... an *****!
    You see? Nothing but class.
    11-24-08 10:12 AM
    I find it funny that more people have responded to my rant than have responded to fellow Storm users' problems in the forum. We've got people asking questions and getting 4 replies, meanwhile my thread has 20+.
    11-24-08 10:12 AM
    I find it funny that more people have responded to my rant than have responded to fellow Storm users' problems in the forum. We've got people asking questions and getting 4 replies, meanwhile my thread has 20+.
    probs because alot of tech issues could be solved by the user either spending a little time on lurking around the forums or actually performing a search! there are however also issues that people just dont quite know how to respond too!

as for those responding here including me... well its human nature to enjoy feeding the troll... right?!
    11-24-08 10:18 AM
    Come on people.
    A software update isn't going to fix the need for sticking napkins or credit cards in the battery compartment to make it type better.

Lets be real here.
    I can understand that you love your Storms for all of the positive things about it, but to ignore the blatant issues it has is just plain crazy.

Whether or not you yourself are experiencing these issues doesn't excuse the fact that there are many others who are.
    Not one professional review has said this phone is great, they all say it's bad or that it could be made better in the future.

I'm not calling it an epic fail, I honestly still want one, provided they can make the thing work as advertised.
    But there is no way I'm going to go spend my money on it the way it is now.
    Had a few minor issues that are gone now but its more like just learning how the phone works thats all.. I dont need a napkin either LOL
    Wow... guys, this is getting ridiculous. When will you guys accept the fact that the Storm is an epic failure?

The software is horrible... Everyone says that the quirks will be updated in the next OS update. Do you realize that RIM claims it has been working on this phone since before Apple dreamed of the iPhone? If that's the case, then this phone has likely been in development for over 2 years. If RIM hasn't smoothed these software problems out in the past two years, what makes you think it'll be able to do so in the week since the Storm's release? All of you allowing RIM a chance to take a second bite at the apple (pun intended!) to get the release right are waiting for disappointment.

And now I just read a post about putting a napkin between the battery and the battery door to make the click screen work better! Are you kidding me?!?!? This is absolutely absurd! Everyone who claims this phone is great is in complete denial.

Bad software + putting napkins in a phone to make it function better = failure! Just think about how absurd this is.
    I hate to agree with you but you are correct. I went to Verizon yesterday to see the Storm for myself and get one if I liked it. I was also ready to get rid of my Bold if the Storm knocked my socks off which it didn't. I really tried to like the phone but here's what I found. It felt cheap and plasticy. It was slow as h*e*l*l and the touch screen just seem to feel awkward. It froze on me a few times when trying to open up the web browser. I just found it completely horrendous. Maybe RIM rushed into this too fast? I have never seen a phone with so many issues that's ready for sale. I'll stick with my Bold.
    Why do I bother even clicking on these threads. My storm is running like a freaking champ.
    same here...

The software is horrible... Everyone says that the quirks will be updated in the next OS update. Do you realize that RIM claims it has been working on this phone since before Apple dreamed of the iPhone? If that's the case, then this phone has likely been in development for over 2 years. If RIM hasn't smoothed these software problems out in the past two years, what makes you think it'll be able to do so in the week since the Storm's release? All of you allowing RIM a chance to take a second bite at the apple (pun intended!) to get the release right are waiting for disappointment.
    You DO realize that RIM already already had most of these issues fixed BEFORE the release of the phone right? It was Verizon (with their anal retentive ways) that reflashed all of the phones to an older version before the launch.
    Everyone calm down... the updates will come... if you aren't able to wait for them... that's cool, but don't say it's an "epic failure" just because you are impatient
    11-24-08 10:27 AM
    But there are "problem threads" in every forum like this sport. Check every forum and you'll never find one that has a perfect phone, if there was then we'd all have it. You win for the most annoying CB/Storm troll for the day, well so far...
    11-24-08 10:30 AM
    I hate to agree with you but you are correct. I went to Verizon yesterday to see the Storm for myself and get one if I liked it. I was also ready to get rid of my Bold if the Storm knocked my socks off which it didn't. I really tried to like the phone but here's what I found. It felt cheap and plasticy. It was slow as h*e*l*l and the touch screen just seem to feel awkward. It froze on me a few times when trying to open up the web browser. I just found it completely horrendous. Maybe RIM rushed into this too fast? I have never seen a phone with so many issues that's ready for sale. I'll stick with my Bold.
    Did you try bringing up the application switcher and closing out some of the open programs?... Just like your on your PC, if you have too many programs open, Windows will slow to a crawl. Being that you were using a store demo, it is extremely likely that the previous person using it left several applications open.
    11-24-08 10:31 AM
    You DO realize that RIM already already had most of these issues fixed BEFORE the release of the phone right? It was Verizon (with their anal retentive ways) that reflashed all of the phones to an older version before the launch.
    Everyone calm down... the updates will come... if you aren't able to wait for them... that's cool, but don't say it's an "epic failure" just because you are impatient
    And I assume you're basing this statement on BGR's "theory" about the sticker coverups, huh? You do realize that neither RIM nor Verizon have made a statement about this, correct? Keep deceiving yourself.
    11-24-08 10:32 AM
    Mine is working just fine. Lag between screens and changing orientation is less than a second, no matter how many apps I have running or what program I am in... There are a few subtle issues I have with the OS itself, which all could be fixed with a software upgrade, but are just user preference.

Unless there are units out there significantly different than mine, I can't help but attribute these issues to user error and users not taking the time to get acquainted with the new interface.
    11-24-08 10:37 AM
    I made this same point over the weekend. It was funny to see ppl defending the phone when they didnt actually own it.
    11-24-08 10:38 AM
    Did you try bringing up the application switcher and closing out some of the open programs?... Just like your on your PC, if you have too many programs open, Windows will slow to a crawl. Being that you were using a store demo, it is extremely likely that the previous person using it left several applications open.
    But it would have been nice if someone at RIM thought about adding more than 128MBs of flash RAM for the phone to access. They knew full well that the iPhone has 512Mb, why wouldn't they atleast match that?

And I assume you're basing this statement on BGR's "theory" about the sticker coverups, huh? You do realize that neither RIM nor Verizon have made a statement about this, correct? Keep deceiving yourself.
    Unfortunately, I would have to agree with bobby on this... why wouldn't RIM or Verizon release information saying the Storm's problems will be fixed with a quick update? Although, they may believe that just holding them in the warehouse while the Dev teams works and claiming its a FedEx issue could be a better cover up. Maybe they're hoping that by giving their programmers time to fix the device, when people actually get their phones the problems will be gone.
    Ive always been leery of Verizon and didn't like the fact that the Storm would be exclusively released by them. Aside all the software and hardware issues Verizon is probably the biggest deciding factor for me not getting the Storm.
    Come on people.
    A software update isn't going to fix the need for sticking napkins or credit cards in the battery compartment to make it type better.
    agreed, but I think you will find that there really aren't that many people experiencing this issue... Just a vocal minority that feel the need to start multiple threads about the same thing over and over again.

Hey, the iPhone wasn't perfect when it was released either. It needed updates to become a better phone, same with the Storm.
    Exactly... hmm... sounds familiar... ah yes... I already wrote a post about this.
    11-24-08 10:39 AM
    Yup, I agree with the OP completely!!

WRONG!

Why in the world is some troll who has Device Model: Not a BlackBerry/Smartphone User as his model telling me how I should feel about my phone?

Add me to the "My Storm is working fine, and I'm loving it pile". Although admittedly there is a learning curve.
    11-24-08 10:43 AM
    For all the people who feel like they need to tell me what to think of my phone THAT IS RUNNING 1,000,000 times better than my iPhone EVER did (safari crash anyone?)

Flush your BB down the toilet, buy a biPhone.

Get lost. Good riddance.

One less crybaby that has the same phone as me...
    Last edited by azeis; 11-24-08 at 11:33 AM. Reason: content
    11-24-08 10:43 AM
    The feedback you will get from 1 week of the phone being in the consumer's hand will trump all the hands on time of the 2 years of development. It isn't until you hear what your customers think about the phone that you can really make it shine. Lets hope RIM is listening is preparing massive improvements. I just hope the issues are purely software and not related to lacking hardware (CPU, RAM).
    11-24-08 10:44 AM
    i have not had any problesm with my storm. If you come to a concentrated area on a forum, sure you are gonna see tons of problems cause most posts are, this is wrong that is wrong. A couple hundred thousand of these things were sold and there hasnt been a large backlash as far as I'm aware. What you read on tech blogs and forums is a very minimal fraction of the general people who have the phone.
    11-24-08 10:45 AM
    Not publicly... no
    11-24-08 10:51 AM
    For all the people who feel like they need to tell me what to think of my phone THAT IS RUNNING 1,000,000 times better than my iPhone EVER did (safari crash anyone?)

Flush your BB down the toilet, buy a biPhone, and go **** your mother!

Get lost. Good riddance.

One less crybaby that has the same phone as me...
    Now you are telling people what to do and being a crybaby. haha

This never gets old. Keep them coming!!!
    11-24-08 10:52 AM
    But it would have been nice if someone at RIM thought about adding more than 128MBs of flash RAM for the phone to access. They knew full well that the iPhone has 512Mb, why wouldn't they atleast match that?
    Well, I tend to agree with you there, but also keep in mind that the first gen iPhone also only had 128MBs of RAM
    11-24-08 10:52 AM
    Yea, this is the mark of a "great" phone... Let's strip the phone of every application it has in order to make the phone responsive. True mark of a smart phone.
    My thought exactly. Aside from slapping the back of the battery or putting a napkin inside of it to make the screen work correctly why should one have to remove such a great feature like VZ nav in order for it to work better? Most of you who are sticking up for the phone were livid that GPS was disabled. Now your basically removing the feature just so it works right. Also if anybody is a fanboy it's all of you who are blind to the problems with the phone. Your doing the same thing those Iphone clones are doing except with the storm so stop calling the kettle black. Just for the rcord I don't have an iphone and do plan on buying a storm once all the bugs are worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 10:54 AM
    I love how each one of you is taking such offense to my post. I love reading your replies as I sit here with a sheepish smile on my face. I thank each and every one of your for entertaining me for the last hour in this thread. Continue to do so if you so shall desire.
    11-24-08 10:55 AM
    Now you are telling people what to do and being a crybaby. haha

This never gets old. Keep them coming!!!
    You are one of the people that was directed to chief...
    11-24-08 10:55 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD