Wow... guys, this is getting ridiculous. When will you guys accept the fact that the Storm is an epic failure?

The software is horrible... Everyone says that the quirks will be updated in the next OS update. Do you realize that RIM claims it has been working on this phone since before Apple dreamed of the iPhone? If that's the case, then this phone has likely been in development for over 2 years. If RIM hasn't smoothed these software problems out in the past two years, what makes you think it'll be able to do so in the week since the Storm's release? All of you allowing RIM a chance to take a second bite at the apple (pun intended!) to get the release right are waiting for disappointment.

And now I just read a post about putting a napkin between the battery and the battery door to make the click screen work better! Are you kidding me?!?!? This is absolutely absurd! Everyone who claims this phone is great is in complete denial.

Bad software + putting napkins in a phone to make it function better = failure! Just think about how absurd this is.
    Last edited by bobbykurva; 11-24-08 at 09:43 AM.
    11-24-08 09:30 AM
    Yeah, the napkin thing is pretty ********. Too bad they didn't get the screen to click across the entire surface with consistent feel. I'm going to exchange mine to see if I can find one that clicks better around the bottom. My space bar doesn't work very well in portrait mode.

Seem like they would be better off with a few buttons, than just one... or something to help balance the screen better. I don't know.

While I'm sure you'll get flamed for your anti-Storm post, I wish I could argue with you. Napkins stuffed in a 3 day old phone= huge embaressment.
    11-24-08 09:35 AM
    Great - someone else telling us how we should feel.

This is gonna go well.

I agree the napkin thing is ridiculous - but my screen clicks fine so I do not need to do this...

My software is just fine too.
    11-24-08 09:39 AM
    i don't need a napkin either...and my lag is usually not that bad. funny how a non blackberry user makes such ignorant assumptions.

there will be a patch very soon and it will take care of about 90% of the issues...then a second patch will roll out and take care of the rest.

that's how rim rolls.
    11-24-08 09:43 AM
    Why do I bother even clicking on these threads. My storm is running like a freaking champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 09:43 AM
    ^^ amen...
    11-24-08 09:46 AM
    Wow... guys, this is getting ridiculous. When will you guys accept the fact that the Storm is an epic failure?

The software is horrible... Everyone says that the quirks will be updated in the next OS update. Do you realize that RIM claims it has been working on this phone since before Apple dreamed of the iPhone? If that's the case, then this phone has likely been in development for over 2 years. If RIM hasn't smoothed these software problems out in the past two years, what makes you think it'll be able to do so in the week since the Storm's release? All of you allowing RIM a chance to take a second bite at the apple (pun intended!) to get the release right are waiting for disappointment.

And now I just read a post about putting a napkin between the battery and the battery door to make the click screen work better! Are you kidding me?!?!? This is absolutely absurd! Everyone who claims this phone is great is in complete denial.

Bad software + putting napkins in a phone to make it function better = failure! Just think about how absurd this is.
    I dont know about you guys, but I use a napkin when I eat. On the other hand, rim should fire all its techs and employee's and maybe hire you.
    11-24-08 09:48 AM
    Why do I bother even clicking on these threads. My storm is running like a freaking champ.

Ditto here
    11-24-08 09:48 AM
    Iphonie fan boy
    11-24-08 09:49 AM
    i don't need a napkin either...and my lag is usually not that bad. funny how a non blackberry user makes such ignorant assumptions.

there will be a patch very soon and it will take care of about 90% of the issues...then a second patch will roll out and take care of the rest.

that's how rim rolls.
    Assumptions!?!? Ignorant!?!?! Have you looked at all the problem threads littering this forum? The proof is in the pudding. Give me a break!

Nothing in my post has been made up. It's just a regurgitation of what I've read on this forum alone. My comments are simply a reiteration of the frustrations of your peers. Don't be mad at me for stating the facts, be mad a RIM and Verizon for bringing such crap to market.

"Don't hate the player - hate the game."
    Last edited by bobbykurva; 11-24-08 at 09:56 AM.
    11-24-08 09:52 AM
    i dont see how you can say it is an epic failure when it is clearly a 2nd best the the iphone. i will be honest and say that i believe that using the iphone is a better experience, but saying that this is a terrible phone? thats absurd. just think of all of those crap winmo touchscreens and not to mention the instinct? and for the record. my storm is working awesome. just have to give it time and get used the the os/touch. stop being such an ignorant fanboy.
    11-24-08 09:52 AM

Same here!
    11-24-08 09:53 AM
    Now I will say my phone has had some issues.

Issues as in I had to figure things out like the correct settings for touch screen and ring tones and basic phone stuff. As far as software, like facebook, myspace, gmail, google sync, all have been no problem.

The only downside with the phone is I am slow on using it. Its tough to type while driving, but I find the accuracy of the keys pressed much better than my ipod touch. Yes so I can compare the two.

I love the storm and love my curve. I know I will get faster with the storm and that RIM will update its product quickly.
    11-24-08 09:54 AM
    Stop feeding the trolls
    11-24-08 09:55 AM
    Originally Posted by bobbykurva

The software is horrible... Everyone says that the quirks will be updated in the next OS update. Do you realize that RIM claims it has been working on this phone since before Apple dreamed of the iPhone? If that's the case, then this phone has likely been in development for over 2 years.
    Yup def. an apple fan boy.

Originally Posted by HaZe_X
    So is mine.
    11-24-08 09:55 AM
    Ditto here

i second that one. got rid of vz nav. and my screen is more responsive. loving the storm.
    11-24-08 09:56 AM
    My phone works great. It clicks fine. I am very happy and it has passed my expectations. It would be nice if people actually used the phone before bashing it.

11-24-08 09:56 AM
    Another thread like this.

11-24-08 09:58 AM

bobbykurva,

I so agree with your assessment (as do MANY other Blackberry long time users).

As you can tell, when one points out reality, those with the utmost class get upset with the poster and say all kind of silliness.

I love RIM, but the Storm has a way to go.
    11-24-08 10:00 AM
    i second that one. got rid of vz nav. and my screen is more responsive. loving the storm.
    Yea, this is the mark of a "great" phone... Let's strip the phone of every application it has in order to make the phone responsive. True mark of a smart phone.
    11-24-08 10:01 AM
    "Don't hate the player - hate the game."
    Its funny you say that... Isn't the Storm just a player in the game that is touch screen smart phones? So with that being said... Don't hate, congratulate that there is real competition. I believe the Storm will give the Iphone a run for its money.
    11-24-08 10:04 AM
    Im not sure about the rest..? But...No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby more then I love this phone.
    11-24-08 10:05 AM
    i was under the impression that they had already created an update for the firmware but it had to be rolled back just before launch due to security issues found at the last minute!

thus if this were true it would explain why there are so many firmware bugs! and if you dont know why this would explain it then you are quite frankly... an *****!
    11-24-08 10:08 AM
    Hey, the iPhone wasn't perfect when it was released either. It needed updates to become a better phone, same with the Storm.
    11-24-08 10:09 AM
    The napkin comment made me lol. lol
    11-24-08 10:10 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD