It was a marketing ploy courtesy of VZW.

Nobody lost their jobs : )

All this heat on the new Storm comes out right around the time the Pre and iPhone are getting ready to launch.

That's some good marketing right there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I gotta agree with CK; nothing in this world happens by accident
    05-27-09 02:57 PM
    I gotta agree with CK; nothing in this world happens by accident
    LOL and i just got off another ban so i have to be nice here, so i will sum it up with this , regardless if it was leaked on purpose or not , it did cause alot of attention from people who were planning on switching for the pre or new iphone, either way , planned or not . it served its purpose.
    05-27-09 03:22 PM
    Exactly Trendy : )

I'm not buying that it was a mistake and people are getting fired over this whole thing. Come on now : )

This is one of the smartest things RIM or VZW, whoever staged it, could do with the Pre and iPhone on the way. Now people are aware that a "new" touchscreen from RIM is out there and on its way. Its now news and it has people interested.

Maybe RIM and VZW staged it together who knows.

It was a great PR stunt regardless.

Lookie here. CB even devoted a whole new forum for it and we are all talking about it : )

05-27-09 03:25 PM
    LOL and i just got off another ban so i have to be nice here, so i will sum it up with this , regardless if it was leaked on purpose or not , it did cause alot of attention from people who were planning on switching for the pre or new iphone, either way , planned or not . it served its purpose.
    hahahaha welcome back sooks. Now no more accusing me of doing terrible things to peoples buttts lol

I was like "oh man, sooks is gonna get his keyboard and Storm taken away"

sure enough they confiscated it on you : ) funny stuff

05-27-09 03:32 PM
    Maybe RIM and VZW staged it together who knows.

It was a great PR stunt regardless.

Lookie here. CB even devoted a whole new forum for it and we are all talking about it : )

YEEEES AND IT COUNTS!!!!
    Exactly
    05-27-09 03:53 PM
    Definitely posturing
    05-27-09 03:54 PM
    Now people are aware that a "new" touchscreen from RIM is out there and on its way. Its now news and it has people interested.
    Precisely what I suspected about that 9520 thread started in the S1 forum.
    05-27-09 04:02 PM
    This is no conspiracy theory, cause if it was supposed to be leaked, RIM would not have made CB take the images of the Storm 2 down. It wasn't supposed to be out for public eyes, and i 100% agree someones head has rolled somewhere in RIM. Why build hype for a device cutting its current generation severely in sales?

To quote from the article on Endgadet straight from Mike Lazardis' mouth

2:43PM Bam!

Walt: What happened with the Storm?

Mike: It's the number 3 best selling smartphone in America.

Walt: I didn't ask you about sales. I asked what happened.

Mike just tried to turn it towards Curve sales. Yow, this is a bit hot. Walt cut him off again: "I didn't ask about Curve sales."

2:44PM Mike: This was an innovative step for us. We put out an innovative screen. It's been the missing link in touchscreen technology. We wanted to get to place where you didn't have to think about it.

Walt: There are rumors all over the web that your next device will not have a SurePress screen that moves. Are those rumors correct?

Oh hey -- I wonder what they mean.

Mike: We don't comment on rumors. But SurePress is here to stay.

Well things are heating up now folks.
    05-27-09 05:06 PM
    This is no conspiracy theory, cause if it was supposed to be leaked, RIM would not have made CB take the images of the Storm 2 down. It wasn't supposed to be out for public eyes, and i 100% agree someones head has rolled somewhere in RIM. Why build hype for a device cutting its current generation severely in sales?

To quote from the article on Endgadet straight from Mike Lazardis' mouth

2:43PM Bam!

Walt: What happened with the Storm?

Mike: It's the number 3 best selling smartphone in America.

Walt: I didn't ask you about sales. I asked what happened.

Mike just tried to turn it towards Curve sales. Yow, this is a bit hot. Walt cut him off again: "I didn't ask about Curve sales."

2:44PM Mike: This was an innovative step for us. We put out an innovative screen. It's been the missing link in touchscreen technology. We wanted to get to place where you didn't have to think about it.

Walt: There are rumors all over the web that your next device will not have a SurePress screen that moves. Are those rumors correct?

Oh hey -- I wonder what they mean.

Mike: We don't comment on rumors. But SurePress is here to stay.

Well things are heating up now folks.
    I was just about to post this too.. I find it interesting that they're going to keep SurePress, yet they are doing away with it in the next Storm iteration.
    05-27-09 05:32 PM
    This is no conspiracy theory, cause if it was supposed to be leaked, RIM would not have made CB take the images of the Storm 2 down.
    It was up long enough to circulate like wildfire and spark a ton of interest. Video popped up as well. Mission accomplished
    Yes?

I 100% agree someones head has rolled somewhere in RIM. Why build hype for a device cutting its current generation severely in sales?
    maybe because sales are really NOT that strong. There's an idea : )

2:44PM Mike: We put out an innovative screen that broke and collected dust.
    no he didn't just say that : )

05-27-09 06:01 PM
    I was just about to post this too.. I find it interesting that they're going to keep SurePress, yet they are doing away with it in the next Storm iteration.
    Brother , to catch yah up to date... THE NEXT STORM AKA ODIN WILL HAVE SUREPRESS.
    05-27-09 06:46 PM
    ^dont listen to him. Its pressure based now. No more clicking.

05-27-09 07:27 PM
    ^dont listen to him. Its pressure based now. No more clicking.

LOL you and civic must hang out lol.......
    05-27-09 07:38 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD