There seemed to be a two week flurry of news and rumors about the new Storm, then all of a sudden nothing. What happened??
    05-26-09 04:14 PM
    Maybe heads rolled at RIM or Verizon. . An now everyone is afraid to talk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 04:16 PM
    Maybe heads rolled at RIM or Verizon. . An now everyone is afraid to talk.

Because they cant...because their heads rolled away
    05-26-09 04:24 PM
    05-26-09 04:46 PM
    Now that RIM has broken their silence and admitted there was a S2 in the works (as if we didn't already know that) you'd think more info would "leak" out. I am hoping for a June/July release as some have suggested, but it seems if it were that close, more info would made public to build up the buying frenzy. I just think Verizon would want an early release because of the Palm & iPhone's coming out.
    05-26-09 05:04 PM
    There were HUGE issues with that leak, and people may have lost their jobs, just so you all know. So no, dont expect anymore leaks on this for a little while.
    05-26-09 05:17 PM
    I went to Verizon and the tech support chic asked ME if I knew anything??? SHe said that VZW doesn't tell their reps anything, the hear the gossip from online sites. LOL!
    05-26-09 05:19 PM
    It was a marketing ploy courtesy of VZW.

Nobody lost their jobs : )

All this heat on the new Storm comes out right around the time the Pre and iPhone are getting ready to launch.

That's some good marketing right there.

05-26-09 05:46 PM
    It was a marketing ploy courtesy of VZW.

Nobody lost their jobs : )

All this heat on the new Storm comes out right around the time the Pre and iPhone are getting ready to launch.

That's some good marketing right there.

Actually your 100 percent wrong.
    05-26-09 05:52 PM
    ^I highly doubt that. Nets lit on fire with the news. Garnered a lot of attention.

I think its brilliant actually.

05-26-09 06:00 PM
    You would think if it was to get attention then it would keep leaking out over time right up to the release.

05-26-09 06:41 PM
    Actually your 100 percent wrong.
    And you've got -100% worth of input on the matter
    05-26-09 06:45 PM
    Nah they just wanted to let everyone that's ready to jump ship and leave VZW for Sprint and the PRE that they are working on something new so no new news is needed just the fact that it exist and its "supposed" to be better is enough to change a few peoples mind about leaving VZW. So while I don't think anyone got fired over the publicity I don't think the phone is going to be released in june, or july. Basically VZW just flashed us in hopes that we'll keep giving them our bead'$
    Peace
    D

Last edited by DarwinMejia; 05-26-09 at 06:54 PM.
    05-26-09 06:50 PM
    And you've got -100% worth of input on the matter
    Wrong again, but thats okay. You haven't gotten to know me I guess.
    05-26-09 08:08 PM
    Nah they just wanted to let everyone that's ready to jump ship and leave VZW for Sprint and the PRE that they are working on something new so no new news is needed just the fact that it exist and its "supposed" to be better is enough to change a few peoples mind about leaving VZW. So while I don't think anyone got fired over the publicity I don't think the phone is going to be released in june, or july. Basically VZW just flashed us in hopes that we'll keep giving them our bead'$
    Peace
    D

You're probably right on this one, but Verizon is stuck in a dangerous game here. If they wait too long, everyone's impatience may lead them to jump ship, albeit a little later than they would have without the leak. However, if they rush to compete with the other June/July releases, and they don't put a solid unit out, then it may upset a lot of people waiting for a touchscreen BB. We will have to see what they decide to do in the upcoming months.
    05-26-09 08:31 PM
    Its ok radioguinea, not everyone knows who you are

05-26-09 10:00 PM
    Its ok radioguinea, not everyone knows who you are

Pretty funny, seeing this cereal guy question you all over the place here, Radio.

Don't let him annoy you - those of us who read enough to know anything here know who you are

If radio says jobs were lost, then jobs were lost.

Now, radio, do tell us all when S2 is coming out!?
    05-27-09 12:28 AM
    Does it matter who he is? Will that change a thing? The answer is no: )

I don't know who he is. I'm assuming from his following he must work for VZW or RIM which gives me even more reason to not trust his word on things of this nature : )

This is not an OS, release or tech subject matter. If that were the case I would defer to somebody who worked at either of these companies.

Sorry kids I don't have heroes in here : )

05-27-09 01:02 AM
    I like that.
    05-27-09 10:58 AM
    Does it matter who he is? Will that change a thing? The answer is no: )

I don't know who he is. I'm assuming from his following he must work for VZW or RIM which gives me even more reason to not trust his word on things of this nature : )

This is not an OS, release or tech subject matter. If that were the case I would defer to somebody who worked at either of these companies.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He's not trust worthy because he works for one or the other or what?
    05-27-09 11:10 AM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He's not trust worthy because he works for one or the other or what?
    their trustworthy on some things over others.

Let me preface this by saying this is NOT directed at him. I don't know him/her and this is only an example.

With that out of the way let's say Joe works for RIM and he posts in here.

Joe is not going to say "the BB Gladiator is a piece of shat don't get it. It has too many OS and hardware issues etc etc." You get the point.....

Joe would not be honest. He would most likely say "the Gladiator has some OS issues that RIM is working to fix. Believe me there are some nice OS builds coming down that will fix a lot of the issues you are seing. I can't say much more than that. But trust me"

Yeah yeah whatever : )

Get the idea? They will never just tell it like it REALLY is. You will hear nothing but positive things. Good things are on the way, hang in there, so on and so forth.

It is what it is.

05-27-09 01:31 PM
    Oh true, I hear you on that cereal.

I'm personally trying to wait about another month, when more announcements are to come across the bored; Verizon, AT&T, etc., well just between Verizon and AT&T really, before I decide on what to get next. I'm a little disappointed I bought in to the hype of the Storm. But what can I do. Hopefully something better comes along.
    05-27-09 01:39 PM
    Radio doesn't work at RIM or VZW so whats your point, cereal.
    05-27-09 01:45 PM
    There's no real point to make against radio.

He could work for Dell for all I care. Radio consistently give solid, good information and has never steered anyone on this site wrong (that I have seen or read). The same goes for CX. The are both legit guys in here contributing more info to this community than any other single person can lay claim to.

They flirt with the lines of NDA's by giving us great info, but they never actually break their NDA's from what I can tell. Honestly, IMHO, to question/doubt them is to be completely ungrateful for the great information they've given us.

Heroes? Oh, no, not my hero. Just someone I recognize as having been correct on pretty much everything he's said on this board (that he stated as fact), and someone I am grateful to hear information from... I'm sorry that it appears you're not grateful for this info, and don't trust it despite the continuos and unwavering stream of little informative leaks that radio and CX let us in on.

Anyway, to stay on topic in this thread, I read another post by someone who says he spoke to 3 or 4 Verizons and they all confirmed Storm 2 for June/July, with the exception of 1 store. I had a vzw employee tell me that the Storm 2 was hitting stores in July just the other day... But, I do NOT want anyone to think that I am saying this means anything... as we've seen before, posts saying "my VZW rep said..." rarely hold any truth at all. So maybe it's actually BAD news that VZW reps/managers are telling people this lol.

That's all the news I've heard, I would love to hear more about the device and its input method/other specs...!
    05-27-09 02:03 PM
    despite the continuos and unwavering stream of little informative leaks that radio and CX let us in on.
    Don't want to be dragged into this debate but did want to point out that some info has been wrong on occasion. Not saying I blame anyone but perhaps you should be wary of blind faith.

Having said that, I think Radio is a good source and I eagerly read his posts to get the latest scoops knowing that the game plan can change at anytime.
    05-27-09 02:54 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD