I live in North Carolina. In a very small town. I drove 2 hours to Raleigh (our capital) to stand in the cold and get my "Storm." I had a secret weapon though. My cousin works in the store that I went to! So we talked a million times before the BIG DAY and he was supposed to have one held for me. Unfortunately there were tons of extra people working that morning including several managers and with only 20 phones on hand there was no way that they could not give them all to the first 20 people in line. I was like number 27 or something so of course I was crushed. I walked outside after telling them that I didn't want to order the phone because I was beginning to get super heated. I walked over to my car and put my hand on the handle to open it and a FED EX truck pulled up. I heard my cousin call my name and he shouted get in there!!! As I ran past him he whispered, "This driver is getting 40 Storms off his truck right now so go inside. It was better than Christmas! I got my Storm home and the thing started to turn off by itself for no reason so now I'm getting heated again. But thank God after a couple of hours it stopped and hasn't done it at all anymore. Its flawless. My new baby. So now all I need to know is where do I get this YOUTUBE app for my storm? Anybody out there that can help me out?
    11-22-08 08:05 PM
    I'm also in a small town in NC... Raleigh is my closest location, too. Do you know if the store still has any Storms? Mine is supposedly going to get here this week, but I don't so much believe the rep who I talked to. Help!
    11-22-08 08:13 PM
    I live in North Carolina. In a very small town. I drove 2 hours to Raleigh (our capital) to stand in the cold and get my "Storm." I had a secret weapon though. My cousin works in the store that I went to! So we talked a million times before the BIG DAY and he was supposed to have one held for me. Unfortunately there were tons of extra people working that morning including several managers and with only 20 phones on hand there was no way that they could not give them all to the first 20 people in line. I was like number 27 or something so of course I was crushed. I walked outside after telling them that I didn't want to order the phone because I was beginning to get super heated. I walked over to my car and put my hand on the handle to open it and a FED EX truck pulled up. I heard my cousin call my name and he shouted get in there!!! As I ran past him he whispered, "This driver is getting 40 Storms off his truck right now so go inside. It was better than Christmas! I got my Storm home and the thing started to turn off by itself for no reason so now I'm getting heated again. But thank God after a couple of hours it stopped and hasn't done it at all anymore. Its flawless. My new baby. So now all I need to know is where do I get this YOUTUBE app for my storm? Anybody out there that can help me out?
    Glad you got one. On your browser just go to m.youtube.com
    11-22-08 08:17 PM
    good to hear another happy storm owner !
    11-22-08 08:18 PM
    I got mine earlier today and haven't put it down yet. This phone is awesome.
    11-22-08 08:25 PM
    Find a mall store or a store within a store (circuit city) and find out when they're getting a delivery. All free standing stores can open early but the mall ones and the circuit city ones have to abide by mall or circuit city opening rules. If you go just before they open, you should be fine. Of course this isn't going to hold true for ALL stores in a store and you might see a huge line anyway but it's better than getting up at 5:00 a.m.
    11-22-08 08:30 PM
    Got mine at Circuit City...my brother and I went...the store got 5...we were 4/5 in line. What sucked is that we got there at 9:45am (store opened at 10am). Didn't get the phone in-hand and activated until 8pm that night. No, we didn't stay there...left at around noon when we saw that the system was F'ed up. They called us back one time at around 5pm saying that the Verizon system was backup, but by the time we got there (10 minute drive) they were down again. Called us at 7:30pm and we were out by 8pm with our phones. Working flawlessly...knock on wood!
    11-22-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD