I moved a ringtone file into the ringtone folder using the software that came with my Storm 2. After I did that I disconnected it to try it. My phone froze so I turned it off then back on. When it came back on I got an error. So I plugged it back into my computer and removed it from the ringtones file. Now NONE of the other ringtones that came with my phone work. I just get this error message over and over and over.
    04-20-10 02:19 AM
    Would someone please answer my question.
    04-20-10 02:55 AM
    Would someone please answer my question.
    A little demanding for a new poster. It is 2am eastern time. Try a battery pull.
    04-20-10 03:18 AM
    A little demanding for a new poster. It is 2am eastern time. Try a battery pull.
    Im a bit stressed. And will the battery pull damage it? Im thinking of just taking it by verison tomorrow and getting them to reset it.
    04-20-10 03:55 AM
    lol @ will a battery pull damage it.

When in doubt, pull it out.

No damage will occur, if anything your device will boot back to normal. You take it to a Verizon store and I pretty much guarantee the first thing the in stre rep does to it is pull the battery.
    04-20-10 03:58 AM
    But could I have deleted or moved the ringtones somehow?
    04-20-10 04:13 AM
    Never mind that did it! Thanks! But could someone tell me exactly how I am supposed to download ringtones to my phone? Im VERY new to the blackberry world.
    04-20-10 04:16 AM
    scroll to the top of this page and go to ring tones and start emailing them to your self
    04-20-10 04:54 AM
    Never mind that did it! Thanks! But could someone tell me exactly how I am supposed to download ringtones to my phone? Im VERY new to the blackberry world.

You can download free ringtones from http://crackberry.com/free-ringtones
    04-20-10 07:09 AM
    Im VERY new to the blackberry world.
    What did you have before that?
    04-20-10 07:22 AM
    Your bb is similar to your pc...before you waste time calling tech support or going through elaborate troubleshooting searches, pull the battery (with your pc, the solution is to reboot it). These devices are extremely complex and need to be reset from time to time.

And you should use some of your mind ninja abilities to relax after posting a thread. Especially at 2 AM. Sometimes you have to wait a while for a response.

Congrats on the new phone and welcome to cb. It's a great place to figure out all of your issues.
    Last edited by grey; 04-20-10 at 10:35 AM.
    04-20-10 10:33 AM
    Put them on the SD card under ringtones and leave the stock ones that are in the device\home\user\ringtones alone. Never try to do anything with device memory. Batt pull might have solved it, but you never know.

Use external memory for anything you want to save.
    04-20-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD