Ok, so we figured out its my blackberry...problem #1 solved...can we please work on helping me fix it?
    maybe if your attitude wasn't so alienating more people would step in to help you. to the few people who have offered their help you have been extraordinarily rude and dissmissive.

just food for thought.
    02-19-09 12:47 AM
    I'd like to add that "Service Books" have nothing to do with your "Voice Service". Just wanted to put that out there. It's two different things.
    But, he did add in there that it wasn't just a voice service issue. He also stated that his text messages would not send either, so in which case a resending the service books could help to possibly narrow down the issue at hand.

.... I CANNOT make any calls nor send text because is said "CALL FAILED try again later" and my text simply will not go through.....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 12:55 AM
    I had no clue where he was, just trying to help...

Everyone needs to chill.
    You need no chill
    02-19-09 01:06 AM
    maybe if your attitude wasn't so alienating more people would step in to help you. to the few people who have offered their help you have been extraordinarily rude and dissmissive.

just food for thought.
    Wow are you serious this is seriously the most unthoughtful comment I have seen yet (don't let my past count fool you) to say this man is rude and neverminding other people input is absurd maybe there input is wrong so the fellow asks again. Why would you even leave such a comment and judge someones character. Anyways your comMent helps noone. Make sure that it is indeed your land line that is activated on your phone. One time my phne landline happened to switch to a 9 digit number full of 9's? Worth a shot
    02-19-09 01:19 AM
    Wow are you serious this is seriously the most unthoughtful comment I have seen yet (don't let my past count fool you) to say this man is rude and neverminding other people input is absurd maybe there input is wrong so the fellow asks again. Why would you even leave such a comment and judge someones character. Anyways your comMent helps noone. Make sure that it is indeed your land line that is activated on your phone. One time my phne landline happened to switch to a 9 digit number full of 9's? Worth a shot
    It's hard to tell exactly what your point is with the run on sentences, lack of punctuation and bad spelling. I agree with jpg. Most people here would be happy to help out a fellow BlackBerry owner with troubles if they are polite about it.
    02-19-09 01:26 AM
    did this d-bag ever get his shiznit fixed? with all the assumptions and stuff, the tread got heated and now we're left hangin'. my blackberry is gonna turn blue if we don't get a resolution story soon!
    02-19-09 01:41 AM
    One question. And this isn't just in this thread, but why do people make it a point to comment on someones lack of punctuation, poor grammar, or incorrectly spelt words? Honestly, sure he may have spelt words wrong, and not used the proper punctuation that would get him an A in English class, but who cares? He got his point across, and its not like he typed everything in acronyms where it was up to the readers interpretation as to what was actually meant. I'm sorry for lashing out here but it is so irritating to see people come in and flame on someone for lack of adequate grammar and punctuation! You want to think something about grammar keep it to yourself, no need to throw the first stone and point out everyones flaws!

Im sorry for jacking the OP's thread, I just needed to say my peace, because I'm tired of people on this site that think they are better than the next guy, honestly no matter how much, or how little you know we are still all equals!

And BTW I know I didn't use proper grammar, but I'm not an English teacher nor an English major so I really don't give a ish! And if there's a problem, take it up with me in a PM b!tching shouldn't be used to pad post count!(and if I had my choice this post wouldn't count towards mine cuz honestly I could care less about my post count!)

02-19-09 01:42 AM
    I vote, too, that he's being a little bit of a long, green donkey schlong in his dismissive replies towards people trying to help. while he's trying to sound intelligent by educating us regarding VZW's non-use of GSM in the US, he's ignoring the fact that, especially if his phone is set to global, a slightly misaligned SIM card may, indeed cause his problem.
    He's also not realizing that if he took a minute to d/l and install skype, or some other internet telephony program, he could call from his computer and spend his time on the internet trying to solve his problem rather than just striking out like a child at people who are not giving him the immediate, magical cure that he wants.
    02-19-09 02:04 AM
    Dude probably doesn't have any friends who would let him use their phone with the attitude he has.

02-19-09 02:17 AM
    One question. And this isn't just in this thread, but why do people make it a point to comment on someones lack of punctuation, poor grammar, or incorrectly spelt words? Honestly, sure he may have spelt words wrong, and not used the proper punctuation that would get him an A in English class, but who cares? He got his point across, and its not like he typed everything in acronyms where it was up to the readers interpretation as to what was actually meant. I'm sorry for lashing out here but it is so irritating to see people come in and flame on someone for lack of adequate grammar and punctuation! You want to think something about grammar keep it to yourself, no need to throw the first stone and point out everyones flaws!

Im sorry for jacking the OP's thread, I just needed to say my peace, because I'm tired of people on this site that think they are better than the next guy, honestly no matter how much, or how little you know we are still all equals!

And BTW I know I didn't use proper grammar, but I'm not an English teacher nor an English major so I really don't give a ish! And if there's a problem, take it up with me in a PM b!tching shouldn't be used to pad post count!(and if I had my choice this post wouldn't count towards mine cuz honestly I could care less about my post count!)

I can tell you why I replied to it. jpg made his point (which I happened to agree with) and was then jumped on for it. Since I was not an English major in college, I had a hard time understanding exactly what Tilo_Pops' reply was supposed to mean. I could care less about grammar, typos, post counts or any of that other nonsense. My post was merely an attempt at sarcasm towards someone criticizing someone else for being critical (how's that for poor grammar?). Clearly I missed the mark on it and this thread should die...
    02-19-09 02:23 AM
    I can tell you why I replied to it. jpg made his point (which I happened to agree with) and was then jumped on for it. Since I was not an English major in college, I had a hard time understanding exactly what Tilo_Pops' reply was supposed to mean. I could care less about grammar, typos, post counts or any of that other nonsense. My post was merely an attempt at sarcasm towards someone criticizing someone else for being critical (how's that for poor grammar?). Clearly I missed the mark on it and this thread should die...
    Then I apologize. I didn't get the sarcasm out of it and in turn thought it was just someone else flaming someone for being grammatically incorrect, which is happening more and more on this site anymore than people actually helping someone with their question so with that I owe an apology and will extend that for my lack of seeing the sarcasm.

02-19-09 02:38 AM
    he's being a little bit of a long, green donkey schlong
    Now that is hilarious!
    02-19-09 02:46 AM
    I like this thread. It gives me the warm and fuzzes.
    ~D
    02-19-09 02:57 AM
    Go to your Mobile connections(side button on left by default)! Turn off all mobile connections, wait a few seconds then turn them back on! I've noticed the network sometimes has a hard time keeping up with coverage when traveling through different service areas! This usually fixes the issue with that!
    02-19-09 03:01 AM
    I used to have this problem with one of the OS leaks. The phone would simply stop receiving data or signal. I would not notice this, because the icons and menu's all work fine, but when I check the IM's and try to make a call it's a no go. So after a battery pull I would get flooded with IM's and text that was trying to get through while my phone lost connection. To fix this, try reinstalling your OS, or downgrade or upgrade depending where you are at now.
    02-19-09 05:43 AM
    reprogram your phone dial *228 and select option 1
    02-19-09 06:24 AM
    okay stupid question, but have you tried a battery pull?
    02-19-09 07:03 AM
    But, he did add in there that it wasn't just a voice service issue. He also stated that his text messages would not send either, so in which case a resending the service books could help to possibly narrow down the issue at hand.

SMS is not data, it's actually on the voice channel. It's also not a BB provisioning data service. Service Books control BB data services for the most part. There's really only two possibilities here. Local tower issue or deactivated account.

02-19-09 08:46 AM

Text msgs (sms) take place over the voice network. Mms (pix msgs) take place over the data network.

02-19-09 09:28 AM
    did this d-bag ever get his shiznit fixed? with all the assumptions and stuff, the tread got heated and now we're left hangin'. my blackberry is gonna turn blue if we don't get a resolution story soon!

TJdaSportsGuy Dude probably doesn't have any friends who would let him use their phone with the attitude he has.

Let me start off by apologizing to the few who thought I came off with an attitude...Yes, I was extremely annoyed and the first couple responses didn't make the situation better.

To the few others who offered there help, thank you. I couldn't send my Service Books because I had no sort of Network connection althought i had full service and 1XEV showing on my phone. I did countless battery pulls. I registered the Host Routing Table...that all didnt work. Pulling my battery did work for a short time AFTER I had made this thread originally.

Ok, I woke up this morning and it wasn't working AGAIN. Pulled the battery, this time with the ability to call and send text, I dialed *228 Option 1, registered the Host Routing Table again and resent my Service Books. Seems fine as of late.

NOW.............To the select few assholes who try e-attacking me. lol. How lame...to the ****** Bag, yes, the problem has been fixed...for now

and to the smart one saying I have no friends because of my attitude...Um guy, look when I made this thread...and at almost 1 in the morning, I wasn't going to knock on my roomates door to wake him up to ask to use his cellphone to call Customer Service which is closed *At 11pm mind you* when we have 8 AM CLASS in COLLEGE...so WE CAN BE PRODUCTIVE IN LIFE...You might spend your life of Crackberry...but there are plenty of us on the forum who have jobs, lives, school, and other activities that do not surround our Blackberry. So think, my friend, before you speak...or in this case, type. Yes, my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are all correct.

I just came on here to ask a simple question, look for advice, and show appreciation with a simple "Thank you" and update. Not some dumb comment from the peanut gallery.

Thank You everyone, genuinely, for helping me. If there is ever an issue I come across again, I hope you help out again, and vice versa.
    02-19-09 09:58 AM
    Then I apologize. I didn't get the sarcasm out of it and in turn thought it was just someone else flaming someone for being grammatically incorrect, which is happening more and more on this site anymore than people actually helping someone with their question so with that I owe an apology and will extend that for my lack of seeing the sarcasm.

The fact that you could miss my poor attempt shows that I didn't make it clear enough. I probably should have kept quiet and not replied. I will still stand by my thought that people are more than willing to help out if asked politely. I agree with you that this forum has turned into one of the ruder places I frequent.
    02-19-09 10:58 AM
    Let me start off by apologizing to the few who thought I came off with an attitude...Yes, I was extremely annoyed and the first couple responses didn't make the situation better.

To the few others who offered there help, thank you. I couldn't send my Service Books because I had no sort of Network connection althought i had full service and 1XEV showing on my phone. I did countless battery pulls. I registered the Host Routing Table...that all didnt work. Pulling my battery did work for a short time AFTER I had made this thread originally.

Ok, I woke up this morning and it wasn't working AGAIN. Pulled the battery, this time with the ability to call and send text, I dialed *228 Option 1, registered the Host Routing Table again and resent my Service Books. Seems fine as of late.

NOW.............To the select few assholes who try e-attacking me. lol. How lame...to the ****** Bag, yes, the problem has been fixed...for now

and to the smart one saying I have no friends because of my attitude...Um guy, look when I made this thread...and at almost 1 in the morning, I wasn't going to knock on my roomates door to wake him up to ask to use his cellphone to call Customer Service which is closed *At 11pm mind you* when we have 8 AM CLASS in COLLEGE...so WE CAN BE PRODUCTIVE IN LIFE...You might spend your life of Crackberry...but there are plenty of us on the forum who have jobs, lives, school, and other activities that do not surround our Blackberry. So think, my friend, before you speak...or in this case, type. Yes, my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are all correct.

I just came on here to ask a simple question, look for advice, and show appreciation with a simple "Thank you" and update. Not some dumb comment from the peanut gallery.

Thank You everyone, genuinely, for helping me. If there is ever an issue I come across again, I hope you help out again, and vice versa.
    Jeez you sound like a little baby. Get over yourself.

And pay more attention in English class. It will do you some good in the future.
    02-19-09 02:51 PM
    so what changed? did you call vzw? what happened? all you said was it didnt work and then it did and then it didnt...so...what did you do to fix the issue?

edit: nvm, read your WHOLE POST not just the responce to the d-bag comment. figured you'd directly respond to me with the results.
    Last edited by patches152; 02-19-09 at 03:13 PM. Reason: misread previous post
    02-19-09 03:02 PM
    When I was with Nextel 10 years ago, I paid my bill in store and left town. The next day, they shut me down. I called and they said they didn't recieve a payment. We went round and round and after I proved that payment was made, I was restored with an appology. Long story short...Sh** Happens.
    02-20-09 01:00 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD