I have the original Blackberry charger which works well.
    A USB cable which also works.
    And a car charger that works.
    But I want another one to sit near the couch so I do not wear the battery down when I use it while watching TV.

But I also tried another mico USB connector charger that was made for a
    LG9100. Actually I have tried two of them from the same seller and both just screw up the touch screen and make it unusable until you reboot or battery pull. I bout the car charger from hime too but that works fine.

So I am guessing that the power is messed up somehow coming from the LG charger. Or there is something different on some of the pins.
    It says it has OUTPUT 5V 500mA

The original Blackberry Charger that came with the STORM says it is: 5V 700mA so the other one should work but just take longer to charge since it is less mA.

Or maybe there is power on a different line in the USB connection or something? But whatever it is, it definately does not work well as a charger.

So does someone know of a functional inexpensive charger that works for the STORM? Like at Best buy or some place.
    12-31-08 11:40 PM
    It's not "cheap," but I have a Griffin PowerBlock that works fine with the Storm. I don't usually use it (I got it for my iPood), but I have verified that it does work. You can find them at Wal-Mart or the like or from the Apple Store. I think they run about $15 for just the PowerBlock and maybe $25 with the PowerJolt, which is a 12V adapter.
    12-31-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD