I'm just wondering, what does the dustthat got in through the gap on the sides of the screen really do?
    I found some thread on ideas to fix this like applying glue on a screen when you replace the screen, but I never really found out whay does the dusts really do to the phone...
    My storm seems to start picking up some dusts on the sides of the screen, but I haven't feel any direct effect from it, the click is just fine and everything seems to function normally...
    So can some one enlighten me, so I can start worrying and try to get rid of them or just ignore them..
    05-30-09 02:58 AM
    You shouldn't worry too much if it's getting in the gaps. When the dust actually gets in the screen, that's when you should worry.
    05-30-09 03:01 AM
    Personally, I don't think it matters. My old Curve had "dust" in the cracks. My old stupid-phone had "dust" in the cracks. Like you said, my phone still works fine with the "dust" so who cares?
    05-30-09 03:02 AM
    Okay, so what'd happen if it gets in the screen, and how'd it get in the screen?
    05-30-09 03:49 AM
    I think for the most part it just annoys people when it gets under the screen.

I haven't heard of any "true" problems caused by it besides just a annoyance.

I personally have no issue with dust.
    05-30-09 04:55 AM
    My old Curve had "dust" in the cracks. My old stupid-phone had "dust" in the cracks. Like you said, my phone still works fine with the "dust" so who cares?
    omg.. just made my night!!
    05-30-09 04:59 AM
    i have a bunch of dust thats gathered in a cluster right in the middle of my screen and besides for driving me a little crazy it has no adverse effect on the device.
    05-30-09 06:57 AM
    I don't have much problem with dust under my screen but a coworker of mine got so much dust collected in the center of his screen that you could not see about a third of the screen in daylight conditions. Verizon replaced it with no problems.
    05-30-09 11:00 AM
    I'm just wondering, what does the dustthat got in through the gap on the sides of the screen really do?
    I found some thread on ideas to fix this like applying glue on a screen when you replace the screen, but I never really found out whay does the dusts really do to the phone...
    My storm seems to start picking up some dusts on the sides of the screen, but I haven't feel any direct effect from it, the click is just fine and everything seems to function normally...
    So can some one enlighten me, so I can start worrying and try to get rid of them or just ignore them..
    it was a manufacturing booboo RIM made. the "screen" consists of multiple layers that have a tiny gap between the layers, which wasn't "sealed" around the edges.. and that was how the dustwars began..

p.s. - my 100th post. crackberry abuuuuuuuuuuser. level up. haha
    Last edited by jaeyang9; 05-30-09 at 12:34 PM.
    05-30-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD