I am lately getting a "D" in place of "1EVX" and could get no help form Verizon or Blackberry who said that they had never seen a "D" before.

Nothing works but the phone.

Help
    04-30-09 01:38 PM
    A "D" means you have no data connectivity. You can receive/make phone calls and can send/receive SMS messages. That's it.

EDIT: And quite funny that they should say they've never seen a "D" before, when it is right in the Verizon manual that came with the phone.
    04-30-09 01:42 PM
    A "D" means you have no data connectivity. You can receive/make phone calls and can send/receive SMS messages. That's it.

EDIT: And quite funny that they should say they've never seen a "D" before, when it is right in the Verizon manual that came with the phone.
    Who reads the manual anyway?
    04-30-09 02:08 PM
    i think i burned mine
    04-30-09 02:14 PM
    At least on other CDMA phones, "D" means that your phone is talking to the cell site using the original IS-95 version of CDMA, rather than 1xRTT/1XEV-DO. This usually only happens if you are roaming on an ancient cell site on a small provider. As pointed out, no data with IS-95; voice and SMS only.
    04-30-09 02:25 PM
    D = "Dammit why won't you work!!!"
    04-30-09 02:30 PM
    The "D" means old school digital service from back in the day. So you don't even have 1X.
    04-30-09 02:51 PM
    exactly. lol
    04-30-09 02:52 PM
    i think i burned mine
    exactly. lol
    I hope you are also not the same people who would give someone crap on here for not using the search engine.

I looked it up in the manual because I had never seen it before, either, and wanted to give the OP the correct answer. I also wanted to prove how ridiculous it was that Verizon told him they had also never seen it before, even though it is in THEIR manual.

But I'm sure your posts were helpful to the OP. Thank you.
    04-30-09 03:25 PM
    I hope you are also not the same people who would give someone crap on here for not using the search engine.
    Damn busted.
    04-30-09 03:29 PM
    You need to do a *22899 Send in your home cellular subscription area and wait for it to finish. Then see what happens. For some reason your handset it not linking up to the cell towers via its fastest protocol. This could be anything from a provisioning issue to a local tower issue, even something as simple as you not paying your bill.
    04-30-09 03:30 PM
    I had an SOS where my signal is supposed to be. I did a battery pull and it was gone. What does it mean?
    04-30-09 03:32 PM
    You need to do a *22899 Send in your home cellular subscription area and wait for it to finish. Then see what happens. For some reason your handset it not linking up to the cell towers via its fastest protocol. This could be anything from a provisioning issue to a local tower issue, even something as simple as you not paying your bill.
    Thank you. I wanted to tell the OP to do that, but couldn't remember the easy way to do it without having to choose the options after dialing *228 (which I can never remember off the top of my head).
    04-30-09 03:32 PM
    I had an SOS where my signal is supposed to be. I did a battery pull and it was gone. What does it mean?
    That means you only have enough signal to dial 911 for an emergency. I had that happen once in a part of my house where I get absolutely no cell service.
    04-30-09 03:33 PM
    Wow when you get the "D" your in the old 1St gen digital network. the only area that they still run that is in the boondocks...
    04-30-09 04:10 PM
    That means you were roaming on the AT&T GSM network and not in the VZW network.
    04-30-09 04:13 PM
    I beg to differ on that one...
    04-30-09 04:19 PM
    Thanks for all who replied; Verizon is giving me a new Strom replacement phone; said it was hardware issue.
    04-30-09 05:40 PM
    SOS = Sent via morse code meant Save Our Ship = Emergency or Emergency calls only on cell phone.
    04-30-09 05:50 PM
    I beg to differ on that one...

The only time I can get that to happen in when I kick my storm in to GSM only.
    it also comes up on the deactivated att/cingluar phones I got when I power them up with the old Sim's in them.
    04-30-09 06:06 PM
    Paying my bill? Damn, no wonder I have so many problems with these OS leak installs.....
    04-30-09 07:36 PM
    If he didn't pay his bill, he would see something a bit more like "cheap *******... give me my phone back -Verizon" Besides that, you are correct, Ma'am.
    04-30-09 08:02 PM
    Wow when you get the "D" your in the old 1St gen digital network. the only area that they still run that is in the boondocks...
    That's not all, Portsmith, OH also has one tower in the north part of the city that reads only D.
    Near it though is a 1X only tower, west of US-23.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 08:31 PM
    And here I thought "D" meant - Don't even bother.
    04-30-09 10:32 PM
    nope, I realize you were joking taking a jab at AT&T's sloooowwww network but for anyone who might be reading this if that were the case you'd see EDGE edge or GSM
    04-30-09 11:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD