So i called verizon today to get my new phone sent out because of the screen clicking problem. I told them it was a hardware issue and yet the lady made me go through a bunch of software troubleshooting. LOL she even told me to wipe my device clean and use the set up wizard to "recalibrate the screen" which doesn't even exist.

So she finally says ok we will send you a "certified like new device".... which scares me

I don't want a BB that someone else used first... what do you think that means? I've heard that it is probably too early for them to have completely refurbished phones but IDK...

Also, will they just send me one without any battery or accessories and i just use the stuff i have or do they send me all new stuff? And if they do send me all new stuff... can i keep the old stuff too? I'd really like a second 8gig micro SD
    Last edited by pjdell; 01-09-09 at 02:29 PM.
    01-09-09 02:27 PM
    The same as a certified used car.
    01-09-09 02:29 PM
    Lol damn... do you think they already have refurbished phones?
    01-09-09 02:30 PM
    It will most likely be a box with a device only- no battery or Flash memory, and it will be in a box that has a plastic wrapper to hold it.

Supposed to be a refurbished unit- cleaned off and tested before they send them out. Not sure if refurbs are actually going out yet. They were not yet a few weeks ago. Nice way to say used without saying used.
    01-09-09 02:31 PM
    Yeah thats what i'm afraid of... any way that they may send a brand new one?
    01-09-09 02:41 PM
    I know with ATT they send you a whole new setup...everything in the box like it was new except the box says it's a refurb. Although they expect you to send your old stuff back the same way...obviously keeping the access. you used.
    01-09-09 02:47 PM
    I have said this before but if I get a referb and it works good then I am a happy camper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 02:49 PM
    Refurbs and CLN are not the same as far as I know.
    01-09-09 02:54 PM
    refurb and cln "can" be the same thing, but usually cln devices are phones that have been returned unopened, or barely used, not refurb models that have been sent back for repair / etc
    01-09-09 02:59 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...erizon-128050/

I work for Verizon, and they have made a MESS of the replacement situations, so I am hoping this will clear some stuff up.

1) There are two types of replacement phones that come from Verizon with THREE different boxes.
    - a brand new box that looks like you bought it from the store.

- a brown box that has the sku: FRU9530 but is new.
    This comes with battery cover, and doesn't have CLNR on it, it also
    comes with screen protectors and colored plastic galore

- a white box that has the sku: FRU9530 and is slapped with a CLNR
    replacement sticker on the screen, this is a real refurbished phone.
    Not many of these are out there, as it has been a very short time since
    the release of the phone.

edit edit*

The 1/15 cutoff date is to CANCEL the line, not to get a new phone if yours is broken! If you are past 30 days, you get a refurb.
    01-09-09 03:00 PM
    Lol damn... do you think they already have refurbished phones?
    They should have...what, just with the amount sent back by people here on Crackberry (all with good reason)...lol...sorry, couldn't resist.
    01-09-09 03:07 PM
    Funny, they were going to send me one of those but they were out of stock. I'm supposed to be getting a brand new one today as a replacement.
    01-09-09 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the link to that post... Now he says at the end

"If you are within 30 days you can get a new phone, as many times as you want"

Anyone know how to do that? And i went to VZW.come and used the contact number from there to reach customer support.. would that be VZW corporate?
    01-09-09 03:13 PM
    Ahh just hit me... Corporate meaning a corporate store... too bad i have to drive an hour for that :|
    01-09-09 03:25 PM
    Yes, Corporate as in an actual Verizon Store. You can call the 1800# and talk to a data tech support and say BLACKBERRY. This will take you to a rep that can send you a new one. Just remind them that you are within your 30 day Worry Free Guarantee.
    01-09-09 03:27 PM
    It Means Its Someone Elses Headache That Verizon Is Trying To Push On To You .. Went Though This With My Dare..
    01-09-09 03:32 PM
    Refurbished.
    01-09-09 04:21 PM
    WAIT WAIT!!
    so are the ones in the white boxes ok?? or are they just like an insurance phone which are remanufactored and garbage
    06-23-10 07:52 PM
    Funny my wife actually got a so called CLNR refurb pink curve from VZW that we couldn't actviate. Turns out the VZW rep told us was reported stolen. Sounds real clean to me. HA! SMH@VZW
    06-24-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD