Ok well the time has come i cannot take it anymore. My storm 2 is just always dropping calls, people cant hear me unless i talk directly into the microphone, i dont receive calls and VM just pop up, sometimes texts dont go through and i have to redo it, etc. I also use the phone for my business which is internet based and i have a lot of customers and clients calling me and i always drop calls on them which is very very annoying. Ive had 3 or 4 phones already and its obviously just the areas I am in and the phone isnt good enough to work sufficiently in these areas. They arent terrible areas either. My work which is next to a major interstate (yes the building does kill the signal a bit but other phones work ok) and home which is a near a major state road. although its down below which kills the signal a little also (but again other phones work fine). My old phone was ok and other people have other blackberrys at work (others that have the storm 2 have issues also) and they are ok. So i obviously have to totally switch to a new phone now but im not sure what route to go there or what verizon will allow me to do. i need something that has a good signal, better then the storm 2. thinking of possibly another blackberry but cant have the same issues. or the other thing would be a droid phone. i use mainly emails, IM, internet, lots of texting, and calling. i heard the incredible is good but i dunno if verizon would let me switch to that. suggestions please.
    06-15-10 01:52 PM
    get a different phone.
    06-15-10 01:53 PM
    wow really? why didnt i think of that
    06-15-10 02:27 PM
    Just curious, what do you do for work?
    06-15-10 02:48 PM
    If you've had 3 or 4 Storm2s already, and it's a reception problem, then calling CS and explaining everything to them is probably your best option. I don't think they do the multi-fru swap anymore, but the Rep can clarify that for you.
    06-15-10 02:57 PM
    wow really? why didnt i think of that
    duh. u keep griping about the storm, so GET A DIFFERENT PHONE. what else is there to do unless you want a repeat performance? Not everyone likes every phone and it's obvious you don't like the storm.
    06-15-10 03:06 PM
    i know what i have to do im jsut asking what phone is good with reception. or what is peoples experience with swappping to a totally different phone 6 months after you renewed?
    06-15-10 03:54 PM
    i know what i have to do im jsut asking what phone is good with reception. or what is peoples experience with swappping to a totally different phone 6 months after you renewed?
    I don't have any experience with reception personally as I've never had a problem with my Storm 9530, Storm 9550, or Tour 9630 dropping calls. Sounds like I'm being a fanboy, but I don't use the phone feature nearly enough to experience any problems with this.

However, if you're wanting to switch to a different phone 6 months after renewing your contract, you're looking at paying full retail for the phone. The only thing you can do is hope that you find someone that is willing to meet you halfway and possibly swap the Storm 2 for a like phone. However, given what I've heard about Verizon changing their policies on such an exception, I don't think that it's likely.
    06-15-10 03:59 PM
    I wouldn't swap phones within 6 months, as that would incur an extra expense. I make sure that within my 30 day trial period I KNOW if the phone I just bought suits me. ie, you have 30 days to deal with buyer's remorse painlessly. After that, it's on YOUR dime.
    06-15-10 04:33 PM
    If you are sticking with your carrier, I would buy another phone off Craigslist or Ebay from a local person and try that phone out. I personally I have a lot of phones over the years and BB seem to have great antennas.
    I would just try another used phone.
    06-15-10 05:40 PM
    If you are sticking with your carrier, I would buy another phone off Craigslist or Ebay from a local person and try that phone out. I personally I have a lot of phones over the years and BB seem to have great antennas.
    I would just try another used phone.
    agreed, on reception. I've had numerous brands of phones, and like my LG8300, the Storm, IMO, has excellent reception. I've NEVER dropped a call, on my Storm.
    06-15-10 06:03 PM
    brown storm...i am a ticket broker.

hmm i guess bad luck for me. but after 4 phones they cant all be bad so it just has to be the areas i am in and the storm 2 isnt a good fit for where i am. you guys must be in better areas. its ok in areas away from home and work but those 2 are where im at the most so im kinda stuck. my brother has a lg and never has an issue and my old phone the xv 6900 touch one i never had issues. people at work have the bb curve i think and i think they are fine. ill just have to call and complain. i think they may be willing to give me the factory certified replacement as thats what they ahve been doing and last time i htink the guy told me i could get anyone they had on the page there so well see. but i dont really want to pay for another one right now especially with taht new bb slider coming out soon which i would pay for.
    06-15-10 06:48 PM
    Have you updated your roaming by doing *228 0ption 2?
    What OS version are you using? Maybe try another OS or wipe the phone and reload the same OS and see if it works better. I am in a fringe area at my house and I drop calls there all the time. I am trying on a Sprint EVO right now and I got an Airwave unit and I get very goos signal on that phone. Maybe a network extender at that location?
    06-15-10 07:25 PM
    yeah ive done all that stuff. i just updated to the newest os. .713 but no difference. my signal is usually like -95-110 range which isnt very good. mostly -100 and over. i thought about the network extender but they want a lot for that and that wont help me at work.
    06-15-10 08:58 PM
    yeah ive done all that stuff. i just updated to the newest os. .713 but no difference. my signal is usually like -95-110 range which isnt very good. mostly -100 and over. i thought about the network extender but they want a lot for that and that wont help me at work.
    even at -100, I never drop a call. my signal is usually worse than -90 at home.
    06-15-10 09:16 PM
    From my experience, when it comes to reception its always been the carrier not always the phone. Here where i live, verizon is the only carrier works inside the house. Sprint, Cingular/AT&T, T-Moble, MetroPCS all failed
    06-15-10 09:24 PM
    From my experience, when it comes to reception its always been the carrier not always the phone. Here where i live, verizon is the only carrier works inside the house. Sprint, Cingular/AT&T, T-Moble, MetroPCS all failed
    BOTH the carrier and the phone are crucial to good reception. I've had two phones that SUCKED when it came to reception--the Star Tac, and a Kyocera. All the other phones I had on Verizon worked MUCH better....and when I had Cingular....well that was a total load of crap--none of the phones we owned would work inside most buildings, no malls, at home, at my place of employment...
    06-15-10 10:35 PM
    even at -100, I never drop a call. my signal is usually worse than -90 at home.
    hmm i dont get it then. is it possibly that they keep sending me the reconditioned phones and they are all junk? seems odd though every phone would be like that. i have to think its just the areas im in. whatever the reason i need a phone that wont drop calls all the time.
    06-16-10 03:24 PM
    hmm i dont get it then. is it possibly that they keep sending me the reconditioned phones and they are all junk? seems odd though every phone would be like that. i have to think its just the areas im in. whatever the reason i need a phone that wont drop calls all the time.
    It might very well be the area. I was in Corpus Christi about a month ago, for 6 days and there wasn't a day I spent there that I had reliable reception inside of buildings. The family I visited uses Sprint and they barely get a signal inside their home, either. I suggested they get the Airave, but they are moving out of state a couple of months and may not need it at their next home.
    06-16-10 04:14 PM
    I have my suspicions about verizon stores sending out "refurbished" phones or reconditioned phones. I think some of these stores are sending out phones that were returned to other customers as "refurbished" phones. Maybe they didn't find anything wrong with them and the store manager just didn't report it or DID report it and the general policy is just to recycle it back to the consumer anyway. That is the most likely scenario I can think of. I worked in sales for a few months in the past and I know for a fact that kind of thing goes on regularly.
    06-17-10 01:37 AM
    BOTH the carrier and the phone are crucial to good reception. I've had two phones that SUCKED when it came to reception--the Star Tac, and a Kyocera. All the other phones I had on Verizon worked MUCH better....and when I had Cingular....well that was a total load of crap--none of the phones we owned would work inside most buildings, no malls, at home, at my place of employment...
    As far as I know ,CDMA phones are bad inside buildings not so much GSM. In my experience ,my previous nokia had better signal inside the place where I work compared to my Storm 2.

So yeah,It could be both the carrier and the phone but definitely it's more the carrier.
    06-17-10 02:37 AM
    As far as I know ,CDMA phones are bad inside buildings not so much GSM. In my experience ,my previous nokia had better signal inside the place where I work compared to my Storm 2.

So yeah,It could be both the carrier and the phone but definitely it's more the carrier.
    I had Cingular service for a few years and it was awful. When I called Cingular to drop my service due to no coverage at my employer's new location, and persistent next-to-no coverage at home, they said: 1) we do NOT guarantee that phones will work inside of buildings, and 2) I'd have to pay an ETF of $350 (2 lines) despite their service not working where I worked, in stores, malls, etc. After a lengthy argument about them not providing coverage, they dropped the ETF in half. I was still pissed! I forgot what tech their system used, but they were adamant that one shouldn't expect phones on their service to work inside of buildings. Unbelievable, but true (their comments).

I've not heard of any other carrier claim that one shouldn't expect their phones to work inside of a building. It's no wonder I despised Cingular, eh?
    06-17-10 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD