Hi, I'm new to BB at all, I would like to know what do you recommend to use on 9550 ? what OS what perks ? what apps ? what games ? how can I pimp my cell ? I would greatly appreciate any recommendations, how can I make this phone better then it is from the stock. I got verizon stock phone.
    07-26-10 11:39 PM
    Just like everyone likes different food and clothes, not everyone can agree on what apps to use. The one OBVIOUS choice, if you like music, is Pandora; otherwise, use Slacker. For me, Google Sync is an absolute MUST, to sync the BB calendar with my Google calendar.

You can always delete apps that you don't like. Download what looks interesting, or check out the popular apps in appworld. Be aware, if you get into lots of utilities, your phone may lose stability and battery life. Don't use Latitude in Google Maps unless you have a charger nearby!
    07-26-10 11:49 PM
    stock is best. less update less installation less problem.
    07-27-10 12:00 AM
    I would get an app like MeterBerry, so you can easily reset phone after app installations without having to pull the battery. It also lets you know what battery and memory drain are occurring. I like a good weather app too, like BerryWeather. My other app I use all the time is my Dictionary app; always looking words up at work for documents. And, of course, the Crackberry App!
    07-27-10 07:49 AM
    One of my favorite apps is definitely BerryWeather (aka: BeWeather). Yes it costs, but it's definitely worth it...I spend what the app cost me in one day at a restaurant, and this app will be on my BB forever; this app was easily justified for me. With this app, you are able to add an icon that shows temp etc to your homescreen, and it automatically updates at whatever interval you set it to. You can save different locations, and look at the weather for each location. It also has a feature in it that will send you alerts for any type of severe weather you choose to be alerted for, which definitely comes in handy. It includes a radar map for each location you save, and you can also add your own custom weather maps.

I lucked up and got my BerryWeather for $7.xx from Mobihand. I did the free trial first, and was offered a discount just from doing the free trial.
    07-27-10 10:14 AM
    A supercharger. Or maybe a search button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 11:36 AM
    Just like everyone likes different food and clothes, not everyone can agree on what apps to use. The one OBVIOUS choice, if you like music, is Pandora; otherwise, use Slacker. For me, Google Sync is an absolute MUST, to sync the BB calendar with my Google calendar.

You can always delete apps that you don't like. Download what looks interesting, or check out the popular apps in appworld. Be aware, if you get into lots of utilities, your phone may lose stability and battery life. Don't use Latitude in Google Maps unless you have a charger nearby!
    So...I should use Slacker if I don't like music? Got it.

Actually, Pandora may be better (subjective), but for someone who uses their BB for music on the subway, Slacker's station caching trumps Pandora for me.
    07-27-10 11:38 AM
    So...I should use Slacker if I don't like music? Got it.

Actually, Pandora may be better (subjective), but for someone who uses their BB for music on the subway, Slacker's station caching trumps Pandora for me.
    smartass! I meant use EITHER Pandora or Slacker. The former being my personal fav, and the latter being an "also ran".

Also, you can't get caching for free if using the latest build of slacker.
    07-27-10 11:40 AM
    smartass! I meant use EITHER Pandora or Slacker. The former being my personal fav, and the latter being an "also ran".

Also, you can't get caching for free if using the latest build of slacker.
    Unfortunately that's true, but it's worth the small monthly fee for me (along with the other premium features)...I think you can still find the old version of Slacker out there too if you look for it.
    07-27-10 12:10 PM
    Unfortunately that's true, but it's worth the small monthly fee for me (along with the other premium features)...I think you can still find the old version of Slacker out there too if you look for it.
    I pay $36/year ( I forgot the exact cost) for pandora One. the perks are here: Pandora FAQ
    07-27-10 06:32 PM
    If you do a search, there is/are threads that are like "must have apps for Storm2 ....")

You'll get lots of suggestions.

Here are a few that I like:
    BerryWeather
    Quicklaunch
    Calendar Pro
    Iconify (picture dialing and more)
    Dictionnary.com free
    Viigo (rss reader) free

Good Luck
    07-27-10 06:42 PM
    Check out Tank Recon 3D, Need for Speed Shift 3D, and I think theres one other 3D game. They use OpenGL which is exclusive to the Storm 2 right now. These are pay games

Meterberry and Quicklaunch are a must. I recommend getting a hybrid OS. I use 832 with 713 base OS and it works alright. I also use Shrink-A-OS when I install the hybrid because it removes the unnecessary items from the OS install, leaving me more memory.
    07-28-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD