My Storm 2 contract expired. After spending ages deciding between a Torch and an iPhone 4. I went with the Torch, that being said. Is there anything I can really do with the Storm 2? Or should I just eBay it? I pretty much got the same contract as before on the Torch as I did with the Storm 2. With the iPhone I had to pay an extra 119. I like the look of the iPhone, it's just that I preferred BBM and the emailing from BBs.
    12-31-10 09:34 AM
    If you don't want it or won't be using it put it on Ebay. You will still get someone to buy it for a good price.
    12-31-10 09:56 AM
    You could always keep it as a spare if you lose your new device. My 9550 is laying a drawer for just such an emergency.
    12-31-10 10:00 AM
    You could always keep it as a spare if you lose your new device. My 9550 is laying a drawer for just such an emergency.
    That's what i would recommend. My wife and i have our old phone laying in a drawer just in case we should need it. nothing like buying a phone it going defective and then having to wait for a few days w/o a cell phone.
    12-31-10 10:03 AM
    Unless you really need the extra money, I too would hold on to it as a back up.
    12-31-10 11:18 AM
    I'll be keeping my Storm2 as a spare, would hate to not have a phone if something happened. I still have my original Storm for that reason.
    12-31-10 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll use it as a backup, maybe music too since they're on my memory card. I'm still trying to figure out if I made the right decision getting Torch over the iPhone 4. I have up to 7 days to change my mind once I get it on Tuesday.
    12-31-10 11:55 AM
    I agree with mostly everyone else for holding onto it. I have a sneaker box with three blackberries that I switch between for different types of situations or loaning to friends when they need a replacement phone.

Perhaps I should charge them weekly for loaning it to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 04:20 PM
    Ill keep my storm 2 as a spare never know when you need an extra phone in the future.

01-02-11 12:43 PM
    I kept my 8330 till a buddy needed a new phone and was still in contract and couldn't afford full price of a BB

01-02-11 01:08 PM
    I wish I had a Storm 2 for teaching my friend how to use his long distance from accross the country. It is a little difficult since I use a Bold 9650 with OS6 and have never had a touch screen phone although most of the basic BB functions are the same or very similar. I wouldn't care if it were scratched badly or otherwise cosmetically damaged as long as it functioned, don't even need SIM card, Media SD Card, battery, cables or chargers, manual, etc, just a bare phone would do nicely. If anyone has one to spare or really, really cheap, send me a PM, thanks, Mike.
    01-02-11 02:09 PM
    Depends, you could use it as a mp3 for the gym.
    01-03-11 06:49 PM
    My Storm 2 contract expired. After spending ages deciding between a Torch and an iPhone 4. I went with the Torch, that being said. Is there anything I can really do with the Storm 2? Or should I just eBay it? I pretty much got the same contract as before on the Torch as I did with the Storm 2. With the iPhone I had to pay an extra 119. I like the look of the iPhone, it's just that I preferred BBM and the emailing from BBs.
    keep it. I still have my Venus. I keep my old phones for back up, selling the oldest. When I replace my BB Storm2, I will sell the Venus, use my Storm as a back up. Also, I don't know if you have kids. Kids seem to loose, break there phones more then us adults...my personal experience. Kid went thru 3 phones in 3months! I let her use my back up phones..at home! Having a spare phone always comes in handy!!!

01-03-11 07:01 PM
    keep it. I still have my Venus. I keep my old phones for back up, selling the oldest. When I replace my BB Storm2, I will sell the Venus, use my Storm as a back up. Also, I don't know if you have kids. Kids seem to loose, break there phones more then us adults...my personal experience. Kid went thru 3 phones in 3months! I let her use my back up phones..at home! Having a spare phone always comes in handy!!!

Ah, no kids. :P I guess I'll keep it as a backup, or mp3 for the gym. I was offered to switch to i4, was tempted to do so and use the Storm 2 for emails/BBM.
    01-11-11 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD